Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Comstar posted:

So you're proud to display your approval of slave labour and encourage others to buy their products.

so I take it you’re going to buy me a new jacket then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol two Australian Pokemon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Climate Change reaching Pokemon is some peak yikes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Climate Change reaching Pokemon is some peak yikes.

The bad guys used a smog and pollution belching Pokemon back in the 90s my dude

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Imagine thinking there's some kind of ethical consumption under capitalism like woah SHEESH get a load 'o this guy TOOT TOOT reality check on aisle 6!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

unidav (uniqlo david)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The bad guys used a smog and pollution belching Pokemon back in the 90s my dude

The new Weezing wears a top hat

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Don Dongington posted:

Imagine thinking there's some kind of ethical consumption under capitalism like woah SHEESH get a load 'o this guy TOOT TOOT reality check on aisle 6!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/11/australia-green-new-deal-climate-change

Interesting to read an American leftists take on Aus politics/climate change/economy.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

fauna posted:

and then they tested me for type 2 diabetes for the sixtieth time in my life (i have a bmi index of 23.8)

the reason i lost 18kg in six months was that i was so sick of doctors just assuming every single problem i had was type 2 diabetes, testing me for type 2 diabetes, and when i tested negative for type 2 diabetes going "welp we're out of ideas, try losing some weight" that i was willing to starve myself in my final year of university because it was my only hope of getting my chronic physical conditions even diagnosed, let alone treated. i did in fact get some of them diagnosed, but others persist, and to this day doctors test me for type 2 diabetes and tell me to try losing some weight every single time. i mean every single loving time.

sorry everyone i've wanted to post the diabetes rant for literal years and it just all spurted out, i'm done now, please return to your scheduled programming

WORD

EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a male doctor he will always order a diabetes blood test regardless of the complaint I'm there for. I have never even been pre-diabetic. they take my blood pressure and are FLOORED when it is healthy. I try to get a referral for ADHD testing and they instead test my thyroid function.

BUT NOW I have GP who is a woman and she is fabulous and actually listens to me and like, asked if I wanted to do a mental health plan but checked if I would be able to afford the out of pocket.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Horsebanger posted:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/11/australia-green-new-deal-climate-change

Interesting to read an American leftists take on Aus politics/climate change/economy.

Australians write in Jacobin sometimes, this guy's from Melbourne

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 4, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
An American leftist in Penrith

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JBP posted:

An American leftist in Penrith

How horrifying.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

A goodass piece, anyhow

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The line "The only things that should go extinct in our time are the ills of privatization and labor-market insecurity" is like when Marx tried to make jokey statements, he sucked at it so bad

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
A Bendigo bogan in King Arthur's Court.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

The line "The only things that should go extinct in our time are the ills of privatization and labor-market insecurity" is like when Marx tried to make jokey statements, he sucked at it so bad

"The only things that should go extinct in our time are billionaires"

There, I fixed it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Australia’s prime minister pledges to outlaw climate boycotts, arguing they threaten the economy
washingtonpost.com/November 1, 2019

"Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison railed against environmental protesters in a lunchtime speech on Friday, warning of a “new breed of radical activism” that was “apocalyptic in tone” and pledging to outlaw boycott campaigns that he argued could hurt the country’s mining industry."

Have fun with this.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Grouchio posted:

Australia’s prime minister pledges to outlaw climate boycotts, arguing they threaten the economy

"Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison railed against environmental protesters in a lunchtime speech on Friday, warning of a “new breed of radical activism” that was “apocalyptic in tone” and pledging to outlaw boycott campaigns that he argued could hurt the country’s mining industry."

Have fun with this.

Oh for fucks sake

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
He can't actually do it because of the constitution; he's just virtue signalling

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The only good constitution is Turkey's because it has a clause that's all "if the head of state tries to take power away from the people, he should be overthrown by the military whose allegiance is to the people", but even that one didn't work out too good in 2016

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 4, 2019

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Before Times posted:

He can't actually do it because of the constitution; he's just virtue signalling

i'm sure the high court will make the right decision this time

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

all you have to do to ban political speech in Australia is argue that to do so serves a "legitimate end"

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BBJoey posted:

i'm sure the high court will make the right decision this time

I mean in fairness, the High Court has been a better opposition to Abbott/Brandis/Morrison and Dutton's attempts to subvert democracy and perpetrate human rights abuses in Australia since 2013 than the ALP have.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The courts are way less invested in the concept of "NUISSANCE"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just heard on the news bulbies are now going to be banned in SA lol.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
https://twitter.com/AdamBujairami/status/1191239677828714498

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Zenithe posted:

..A what?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Nangs

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Zenithe posted:

Can someone translate South Australian into normal Australian for the rest of us?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Whippets

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The ol' gas pocket size kiss

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Joseph Priestley's Lament

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

But how you gonna whip all that cream at 10:30PM on a friday night mister speakah

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The gently caress is a nang

e. for context, it sounded like some kids made a bit too much noise and left some empty canisters on the ground that had to be cleaned up. I'm sure if there was worse they have mentioned it.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Are these the little nitrous oxide canisters?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zenithe posted:

And noone will ever order them over the internet nosiree

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
crank up the jerry reed and find me a trans am, i'm heading to adelaide

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They're the only prisoners in the camp too. We're paying 20 million dollars to CI resources, a mining company, for 8 cleaners and six gardeners and 2.5 billion dollars to serco for 96 guards "as part of a separate master contract with home affairs."

quote:

The maintenance contract has the potential to boost ailing profits at CI Resources, which controls a phosphate mine on Christmas Island that has been hit by poor demand for the fertiliser in its key markets of Malaysia and Indonesia.

In the company’s annual report, the managing director, Lai Ah Hong, said the detention centre contract was “a wonderful result for [maintenance subsidiary] CIMS and the Christmas Island community!”

“This contract will provide continued employment opportunities for locals and contractors over its term while helping deliver on our diversification strategy,” he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Have fun with this.

Watch as Labor bends over backwards to push this through in order to 'be on the side of the working Australian'