Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

loving called it. he legit can't take any type of bad blame/critcism/etc and has to make himself totally innocent/good.

This is kinda like predicting the sun will rise the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

SirPablo posted:

Dems need an oaf of an old man to go out and just say stupid poo poo in a very simple manner, just with a liberal bend.

Isn’t that kind of what Biden’s doing?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SirPablo posted:

Dems need an oaf of an old man to go out and just say stupid poo poo in a very simple manner, just with a liberal bend.

I never expected to see a Biden supporter here!

[edit ninjaed]

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I feel like I just lost a duel outside an old-timey saloon.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1191149744577556480

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191202113847746561

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Electric Bugaloo posted:

BarbarianElephant posted:

I never expected to see a Biden supporter here!

[edit ninjaed]

Hm, Biden can't go toe-to-toe with Trump's simplistically stupid angle. He bungles poo poo too much. Give Trump credit that he keeps it simple and repeats ad nausea so his idiot supporters have no chance to not absorb the message.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I saw that number as a Fox News headline and knew it was crafted for just that.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/status/1191157832546041856

in other news. this got leaked leaked by milo because nazis always stab/gently caress each other in the back. anyway i love that behind all the bullshit "intellectual" mask, the dude basically a raging privileged sociopath. also it sounds like the unhinged monologue of the "calm and composed bad guy" from some video game/movie before he gets a hollow point in the head followed by a pithy one liner.

also obviously he says bad racist awful poo poo.

Maybe next time don't let one of your hate fueled assholes run over bystanders, yeah?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SirPablo posted:

Hm, Biden can't go toe-to-toe with Trump's simplistically stupid angle. He bungles poo poo too much. Give Trump credit that he keeps it simple and repeats ad nausea so his idiot supporters have no chance to not absorb the message.

I dunno, he's still #1 in the race. People seem to like him for some reason.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

It'll cost 52 trillion according to Seth Denson, who famously supported President Trump's healthcare plan because it... brought transparency into the system, evidently.

quote:

Denson said Trump hasn’t rolled out specifics to his plan, but his efforts is bringing transparency back into the system, a move he says is will drive down the cost of health care.

“The Affordable Care Act focused on insurance and most Americans think about health care and insurance in the same manner, but one is just the credit card. So we need to drive down the cost of services and if we do that, the insurance in turn will come down too,” Denson said.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bizarro Watt posted:

A couple of the phrases he says really sound like that. He's probably convinced he sounded like a badass while screaming them.

He sounds like Handsome Jack's temper tantrum at the end of Borderlands 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yChqDXRdS7w

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 4, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ummel posted:

Ah, the Matt Gaetz defense.

I'm of the opinion DUI checkpoints should always be a thing because you should never, under most any circumstance, drive while intoxicated because you are not just a danger to yourself, but everyone else, and that is where your rights end

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Otteration posted:

The Connection Between Pipelines and Sexual Violence
newrepublic.com/October 15, 2019
"Attempts to address the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Crisis could be counteracted by the problems "man camps" cause for reservation communities."

This was (and still is) a problem up here in Canada too. These camps are nightmare fuel with unlimited access to drugs and alcohol, theyre mostly isolated and self governed, they have more free time and money than they know what to do with, and a toxic culture associated with the job in general.

Shits super depressing and just one more stick on the "Oil companies are evil" pile. :smith:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Someone probably denied him a branding opportunity in Odessa.

Chernobyl got better ratings than the Apprentice ever did

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

SocketWrench posted:

I'm of the opinion DUI checkpoints should always be a thing because you should never, under most any circumstance, drive while intoxicated because you are not just a danger to yourself, but everyone else, and that is where your rights end

While Constitutionally dubious, they are absolutely a public good and should be enforced.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dammerung posted:

It'll cost 52 trillion according to Seth Denson, who famously supported President Trump's healthcare plan because it... brought transparency into the system, evidently.

i like that they picked an absolutely insane number, when their own sponsored think tanks (Mercatus) found that M4A would cost 30T over a decade (compared to 32T with our default system)

and the Warren plan assumes a total cost over a decade of 20.5T

literally no clue how they somehow picked 52 lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BarbarianElephant posted:

I dunno, he's still #1 in the race. People seem to like him for some reason.

The media is still pushing the "Only Biden can beat Trump" narrative super hard and everyone is going to Shocked Pikachu Face themselves into oblivion when it turns out that Joe Biden in fact could not beat Donald Trump.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
$52,000,000,000,000 tax:

https://i.imgur.com/FRgEe7v.mp4

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

eke out posted:

i like that they picked an absolutely insane number, when their own sponsored think tanks (Mercatus) found that M4A would cost 30T over a decade (compared to 32T with our default system)

It's a transparent number, affected by the transparency of the Trump administration's healthcare plan, which is very transparent in that I am pretty sure it does not exist because repeal and replace failed, but I also know that I might be wrong about that because right now I feel like my brain is breaking a little bit from how bizarre this all is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A wet sponge would have a better than 50/50 shot to beat Trump at this point.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

The media is still pushing the "Only Biden can beat Trump" narrative super hard and everyone is going to Shocked Pikachu Face themselves into oblivion when it turns out that Joe Biden in fact could not beat Donald Trump.

Joe Biden can beat Trump. It's just that ceding ground rightward sets us up for an eventual Trump 2.0*: Trump, but this time he's competent in his crimes. We need someone as far left as possible in the office to drag centrists leftward much like Trump dragged centrists rightward.

e:*not literally Trump

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

eke out posted:

you don't have to triple down on 'my original post was actually perfect' when you write something so inartfully that it comes off like the exact opposite of what you apparently intended

you can just be like "oh lol my bad, yeah i meant ______" and everyone is happy. best of luck with future posting

I didn't say my post was perfect, I said you misunderstood it, which you did, and I wasn't even rude about it, which is actually what you're doing

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The language in your original post could be way clearer. It’s not a coincidence that like four people have misunderstood it.

Yeah I noticed multiple people tripping over their junk to inappropriately flame me for something, thanks.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CrazySalamander posted:

Joe Biden can beat Trump. It's just that ceding ground rightward sets us up for an eventual Trump 2.0*: Trump, but this time he's competent in his crimes. We need someone as far left as possible in the office to drag centrists leftward much like Trump dragged centrists rightward.

Joe Biden is just not really a captivating voice. I'm not moved by his run-in with Cornpop.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

eke out posted:

Not... quite.

Warren's plan estimates that healthcare spending, if unchanged, will cost about 52 trillion total over the next ten years from all sources, including current federal/state spending and private insurance. According to her proposal, under her plan total healthcare spending would be very slightly reduced, but with vastly increased coverage. They estimate about 31.5T of that 52T would already be covered by existing taxes, leaving about 20.5T in new spending.

So what makes the 52T number dumb to throw around is that (according to Warren) it's the amount we're going to pay anyway, for less coverage and worse results.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CrazySalamander posted:

Absolutely, with Biden the worry is 2022 and 24.

poo poo let’s be honest it doesn’t even matter who the nominee is, 2022 is going to be a Republican comeback because that’s how it goes with midterms when a Dem is President.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A wet sponge would have a better than 50/50 shot to beat Trump at this point.

but enough about Lindsey Graham

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191082698460323841

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191097726471213056

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Absolutely, with Biden the worry is 2022 and 24.

poo poo let’s be honest it doesn’t even matter who the nominee is, 2022 is going to be a Republican comeback because that’s how it goes with midterms when a Dem is President.

The opposite party winning in the midterms is an age-old tradition, as the American electorate has historically refused to be overestimated.

There may be a sliver of hope, however-with Trump's (assumed) defeat, the Republicans may end up in a straight-up civil war between Trump loyalists (who will have a very hard time winning in moderate swing districts) and establishment types who want to move on. There might be just enough disarray to allow the Dems to minimize their loses... but obviously, it's impossible to prognosticate any election this far out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So proud of all these brave 20-years retired Republicans coming out of their nursing homes to say how bad they think Trump is.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Not... quite.

Warren's plan estimates that healthcare spending, if unchanged, will cost about 52 trillion total over the next ten years from all sources, including current federal/state spending and private insurance. According to her proposal, under her plan total healthcare spending would be very slightly reduced, but with vastly increased coverage. They estimate about 31.5T of that 52T would already be covered by existing taxes, leaving about 20.5T in new spending.

So what makes the 52T number dumb to throw around is that (according to Warren) it's the amount we're going to pay anyway, for less coverage and worse results.

Oh, of course - I think it's just how blatant it is that's throwing me for a loop right now. I think what it comes down to is that the $52 trillion increase figure assumes that our current system simply doesn't cost anything, which, when coupled with the Trump administration lowering costs by making healthcare more transparent (which isn't happening however you look at it) makes me feel like I'm developing a brain worm.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

I didn't say my post was perfect, I said you misunderstood it, which you did, and I wasn't even rude about it, which is actually what you're doing

Yeah I noticed multiple people tripping over their junk to inappropriately flame me for something, thanks.

So weird that you're just running into assholes all day. That's a huge bummer and I'm proud of you.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Dammerung posted:

Oh, of course - I think it's just how blatant it is that's throwing me for a loop right now. I think what it comes down to is that the $52 trillion increase figure assumes that our current system simply doesn't cost anything, which, when coupled with the Trump administration lowering costs by making healthcare more transparent (which isn't happening however you look at it) makes me feel like I'm developing a brain worm.

The whole media circus of trying to portray Warren's healthcare plan as somehow being vastly expensive to taxpayers is just such a farce. She's pointed so many times that we're already spending more than enough money to fund universal healthcare, we just do it in such an inefficient way that it barely covers anyone. Reorganize those same payments, and it would insure the entire population. And yet you've still got obnoxious politicos trying to get some gotcha soundbite about how Warren is going to bankrupt the country. It's so deceptive, and I don't understand how these reporters sleep at night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When a Republican retires they immediately become a profile in courage.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Kaal posted:

The whole media circus of trying to portray Warren's healthcare plan as somehow being vastly expensive to taxpayers is just such a farce. She's pointed so many times that we're already spending more than enough money to fund universal healthcare, we just do it in such an inefficient way that it barely covers anyone. Reorganize those same payments, and it would insure the entire population. And yet you've still got obnoxious politicos trying to get some gotcha soundbite about how Warren is going to bankrupt the country. It's so deceptive, and I don't understand how these reporters sleep at night.

For whatever reason, people don't equate their health care premiums as essentially taxes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
people bad at numbers and believe that many things they pay for are just steps in a magic ritual to make GOODTHING or to prevent BADTHING.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

So weird that you're just running into assholes all day. That's a huge bummer and I'm proud of you.

Very weird vibe coming from some of y'all, I hope you work out whatever your issues are someday :shrug:
e: I mean I have five fuckin pages of posts in this thread alone and you guys suddenly think now I'm a Richard Spencer defender lol

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 4, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Not... quite.

oh yeah, this is correct - everyone's been arguing so much about the 8.8T employer payroll tax, i forgot about the main chunk of the overall funding coming from redirecting all other existing spending

eke out fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 4, 2019

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
It is absolutely heartwarming that somewhere tonight Richard Spencer probably had another freakout / breakdown, at least equal to the leaked audio and perhaps worse, because (1) he has been personally betrayed and (2) the leaked audio should cause even the shittiest of (non fash) news outlets to finally recognize him for what he really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah it's going to be a while before CNN will have him on again!