Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Actually caught up with the thread now and holy poo poo you morons arguing about experience share are lame.

Rip the challenging story that six year olds never regularly beat rip the classic and flavourful battle style of “Magikarp I choose you! Good job Magikarp- return! Go Alakazam!” “Enemy Ekans used Leer!”

“My least favourite thing about the wonderful new mons is that I can naturally find and catch them and have them end up being useful to fight gym leaders and baddies even though I didn’t walk around in a circle punching fat squirrels for an hour”

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Ometeotl posted:

It seems like Japan has a lot to say about Britain and their history of paleontology.

I wonder if Crystal Palace is in Galar somewhere.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Xelkelvos posted:

Do an All Psychic or All Fairy run.

But there are so many good mons of other types too! This gen has too many great Pokemon, it's not fair!

I think my team might be:

But that could all change depending on what else is in the game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Actually caught up with the thread now and holy poo poo you morons arguing about experience share are lame.

Rip the challenging story that six year olds never regularly beat rip the classic and flavourful battle style of “Magikarp I choose you! Good job Magikarp- return! Go Alakazam!” “Enemy Ekans used Leer!”

“My least favourite thing about the wonderful new mons is that I can naturally find and catch them and have them end up being useful to fight gym leaders and baddies even though I didn’t walk around in a circle punching fat squirrels for an hour”

settle down

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Previous games were less fun with EXP share so I disabled it. If this game is similar then the change is a net negative for me, why would I not post about it? There's a lot of difference between faceroll easy and just easy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Andrast posted:

Previous games were less fun with EXP share so I disabled it. If this game is similar then the change is a net negative for me, why would I not post about it? There's a lot of difference between faceroll easy and just easy.

"This game for literal children is too easy"

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Why is not allowing a perfectly serviceable option that was in previous games the hill people are willing to die on

I’m just baffled more than anything else

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Why is not allowing a perfectly serviceable option that was in previous games the hill people are willing to die on

I’m just baffled more than anything else

contrarianism

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Options are good y’all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean, from a design perspective removing the option means you can actually plan the difficulty curve (for preschoolers) around the now-default.

Dunno if they did that but “why remove the option” has a pretty obvious answer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah I had less fun with exp share so I turned it off

What's your issue with that?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they'd already done a plenty fine job planning the difficulty curve around exp share being off for several games now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean, from a design perspective removing the option means you can actually plan the difficulty curve (for preschoolers) around the now-default.

There was nothing stopping them from designing the difficulty curve around it before either. They just didn't.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 4, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
my opinion on the exp share and difficulty curve is that it definitely should've stayed toggleable, and also, that they should bring back BW2's challenge mode so that enemy trainers are actual fights rather than exp/money pinatas who cannot hope to stand against you, and so that bosses will have respectable amounts of pokemon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Exp. Share was the default the last two gens running!

Nothing is gained from this change, that’s what makes it baffling and why it’s so baffling that people are lining up for weird potshots over it. If someone’s bothering to deliberately turn it off they know what they’re in for so the game shouldn’t be balanced around them in the first place.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 4, 2019

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Polderjoch posted:

Legendary mon under the cut

[spoiler]

I love Devil Daggers

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xelkelvos posted:

Yes it is already very easy so I don't want it to become even easier

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I've been kinda on the fence about SwSh, mainly because I don't want to get burned again by a third version or Ultra SwSh, but the new designs are very cool and my partner and a lot of my friends are getting it. Peer pressure wins again! I don't plan on teambuilding too much aside from getting Grookey and improvising from there. I guess I really need to revisit my old games and finish up some quests I neglected, though. Whoops.

I am Reverend posted:

You should be able to not get any exp ever like when serebii got that copy protected leaked version of Pokemon black

Uh excuse me but Serebii themself said that no exp was just a feature of BW's tutorial and it would be distributed normally once the player left the tutorial

any time now

eventually

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

This would be a great gen for a fairy run. Rapidash, the hat mon, Impidimp, Weezing, Alchremie... just need one more and then they'd all be new mons

I think I'd just throw Sylveon in there because I'm a child and I'm still a sucker for Eeveelutions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just realised Dragapult is Dragon Catapult :allears:

I love that it looks like it shoots baby Dreepys at you.
Dragapult don't give a fuuuuuuckk

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the most important question no one is asking: which galar pokemon will end up as jessie and james' new buddies

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All of you are making a very good case for an all fairy team all fairy team + Wooloo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Yes it is already very easy so I don't want it to become even easier

I didn't know children had access to credit cards. Did you get your parents' permission to use theirs to register for SA?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

I didn't know children had access to credit cards. Did you get your parents' permission to use theirs to register for SA?

???

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Brother Entropy posted:

the most important question no one is asking: which galar pokemon will end up as jessie and james' new buddies

Impidimp 100%

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

imagine being this weird and hostile to people who disagree with you over video games

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Some people get really weird at others not liking things.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Impidimp 100%

it's very easy to picture the final form bear-hugging the poo poo out of them :hmmyes:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Xelkelvos posted:

This probably sounded cooler in your head

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Brother Entropy posted:

Toxel

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

IMO, serious contenders:
-impidimp for being weird in a way that jessie'd find cute
-g-weezing for the callback
-galarian meowth(?) as a foil to meowth
-morpeko as an "evil pikachu"
-sandaconda or centiskorch because their body shape lends itself to messing with james (similar to how chimecho used to)
-stunfisk for beartrap shenanigans

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brother Entropy posted:

I think the Hatterene line might be Jesse's new Pokemon for the region, The Toxcel line will be Jame's new Pokemon, and they'll have an Impidimp who just kind of follows them around and harasses them.

Edit:

Oh, and the fox Pokemon might go to one of them too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lmao at having a meltdown over one small criticism.

Anyways a blind Nuzlocke seems like a good idea.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
James accidentally befriends a tophat weezing or I riot

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm so happy about how many Ice-types there are now :swoon:
Also Arctozolt is the first non-Rotom Electric/Ice type which is a brutally amazing STAB combo; Rotom-F had it wasted with its Blizzard-only Ice STAB. Hopefully these weirdo fossils are actually good.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of these are our first non-rock fossils, aren’t they. That’s kind of neat.

And i just had a crazy thought... what if the other version has it’s own 4 fossils made up of the missing parts.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 4, 2019

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
after you bring a fossil back the scarred man shows up and kills you and it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

If Arbok is in the game with a Galar form then obviously give them back their original team, otherwise definitely Impidimp and/or Toxel

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god Falinks isnt a caterpillar, it's a bunch of tiny shield men.

Also here's Zamazenta's base form

The evo of Flapple that had the gigantamax

And a random penguin that seems to have multiple forms(probably just cosmetic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'm guessing James Turner had a lot of design input on this particular generation.

He's the art director now, so yes.