Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
if there is something that's really telling to me about the audio leak, which i'm assuming isn't manufactured, is that someone felt they needed to record it in the first place.

there is no honor among nazis, they operate on bad faith and blackmail. i know everyone here knows this but it's always worth restating that if they were to ever achieved their odious dream of eradicating us they would immediately turn on each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Absolutely, with Biden the worry is 2022 and 24.

poo poo let’s be honest it doesn’t even matter who the nominee is, 2022 is going to be a Republican comeback because that’s how it goes with midterms when a Dem is President.

if we don't get to recession in the next year i'd bet on having one during the next president's term no matter who it is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PhazonLink posted:

people bad at numbers and believe that many things they pay for are just steps in a magic ritual to make GOODTHING or to prevent BADTHING.

Also a huge chunk of medical spending is just invisible to them, happening inside their doctor's billing department or their employer's finances.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

if there is something that's really telling to me about the audio leak, which i'm assuming isn't manufactured, is that someone felt they needed to record it in the first place.

there is no honor among nazis, they operate on bad faith and blackmail. i know everyone here knows this but it's always worth restating that if they were to ever achieved their odious dream of eradicating us they would immediately turn on each other.

i mean only a coked up "dapper white nationalist" would be dropping the O-bomb in the middle of a rant. I'm willing to bet it's real.

it's going to be essential in general that none of the militia groups have any shared goals. if they all went into attack mode at once, half of them would be knifing each other before the national guard even showed up.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7646171/Jared-Kushner-greenlit-arrest-Jamal-Khashoggi-phone-call-Saudi-Prince.html

Kush said it was okay to arrest Kashoggi on a chat w MBS, Erdogan intercepts it and uses it to get what he wants out of Trump, re: Syria

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

i am harry posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7646171/Jared-Kushner-greenlit-arrest-Jamal-Khashoggi-phone-call-Saudi-Prince.html

Kush said it was okay to arrest Kashoggi on a chat w MBS, Erdogan intercepts it and uses it to get what he wants out of Trump, re: Syria

This sounds plausible on its face but I don’t believe the Daily Mail tbh.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
Trump retweeted this

https://twitter.com/arabnews/status/1191094647092850689

I wonder if he'll send a signed copy to Arab News

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JudgeJeanine/status/1190799541240520704

Wusses, wimps and weasels would be a great gang tag

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

This sounds plausible on its face but I don’t believe the Daily Mail tbh.

Erdogan was 100% using this whole situation to his advantage/to gently caress with the KSA from the start. He was pretty obviously leaking more and more info to keep it alive in the media so it stuck as an issue. It doesn't seem insane to find out he has additional dirt that Trump could be blackmailed with.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Nice to see how well the Be Best and anti-bullying campaign is working.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Nice to see how well the Be Best and anti-bullying campaign is working.

It will never cease to bemuse me how Melania Trump picked bullying as her First Lady Thing purely because she was huffy that people found out she ripped off her RNC speech from Michelle Obama and Twilight Sparkle and rightly mocked her for it for a couple of days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nine-gear crow posted:

It will never cease to bemuse me how Melania Trump picked bullying as her First Lady Thing purely because she was huffy that people found out she ripped off her RNC speech from Michelle Obama and Twilight Sparkle and rightly mocked her for it for a couple of days.
Is that really the reason? Because I had never heard that before and it's incredible.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Amazing Zimmo posted:

The idea that Democrats would do better on a ballot where they aren't the explicit alternative to Donald Trump is a ridiculous and preposterous idea. Mike Pence may be a worthless piece of poo poo that no one likes, but he isn't utterly loathed by by nearly 55% of the country.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/1191198693615124480?s=19

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Gyges posted:

The idea that Democrats would do better on a ballot where they aren't the explicit alternative to Donald Trump is a ridiculous and preposterous idea. Mike Pence may be a worthless piece of poo poo that no one likes, but he isn't utterly loathed by by nearly 55% of the country.

Give it time. He was loathed by most of Indiana by the time he fled for the vice presidency.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Gyges posted:

under president pence it would be 24/7 horse loving for all

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Amazing Zimmo posted:

under president pence it would be 24/7 horse loving for all

A chicken in every pot. A horse in every man.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Dammerung posted:

It'll cost 52 trillion according to Seth Denson, who famously supported President Trump's healthcare plan because it... brought transparency into the system, evidently.

Gotta love healthcare plans that rely on the belief that there is any scenario where the insurance companies would decide to charge people less money.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Between Milo leaking that audio, and chilling in a chair with a glass of wine claiming to be Jacob Whol's personal stylist, there might be a non-zero chance that he flips his grift to calling out his old crews. I mean there's not much to lose, and surely he can see a lot to gain.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Between Milo leaking that audio, and chilling in a chair with a glass of wine claiming to be Jacob Whol's personal stylist, there might be a non-zero chance that he flips his grift to calling out his old crews. I mean there's not much to lose, and surely he can see a lot to gain.

I'm fine with it. Milo is drowning in debt and he needs some kind of new grift. If he dishes on every single fascist in an ongoing shitstorm of cattiness I think that he'll either get paid to shut him the gently caress up or targeted by fascists. Either one I'm fine with.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1191131765215240193

weird looking "battle tank"

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hit an IED you chucklefucks.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

gonna name my kid slade

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that really the reason? Because I had never heard that before and it's incredible.

Well, for starters, yes, Sean Spicer cited My Little Pony to try and defend Melania from ripping off Michelle Obama's convention speech, and Melania was very clearly shaken up by the bad press she got from the RNC speech, which was her first major public speaking event ever and it blew up in her face. And just like the man she married, she is petty, vindictive, and passive aggressive so you can easily see the through-line from her getting embarrassed about being made fun of for the first time in her life to picking bullying as her core White House issue as a passive gently caress you to her critics.

See the "I don't really care, do u?" jacket.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

A chicken in every pot. A horse in every man.

:vince:

did you make that up?!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Electric Bugaloo posted:

gonna name my kid slade
no don't, he sucks

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

no don't, he sucks

What if you named your kid after Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson? A man who quantifiably doesn't suck?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 4, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

What if you named your kid after Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson? A man who quantifiable doesn't suck?

Or Slade Craven?

https://youtu.be/Q7TxylhyW1Y

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Strange Poon posted:

There's a timeline where for some reason Spencer shouted at Milo to get the perfect angle and to make sure he followed good filmschool rules and stuff.

(also there's backroom footage of them literally planning KILLINGCRIMES)

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

yeah that's all fine just don't name your kid after slade gorton because he's a loving shithead

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Agreed completely (Bernie is not a Democrat)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Very weird vibe coming from some of y'all, I hope you work out whatever your issues are someday :shrug:
e: I mean I have five fuckin pages of posts in this thread alone and you guys suddenly think now I'm a Richard Spencer defender lol

Flesh Forge posted:

Not exactly obviously, he never uses the unambiguous racist slurs that I've ever heard of but that time he let the mask down a bit.

This is really really confusingly written, and honestly reads like you’re saying that the two massive slurs that he screams on the recording aren’t such.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Gyges posted:

Yeah, but absolutely no one loves him either. He'd get the people who would turn out for anyone with an R after the name, but Trump got those too. He'd pick up a few people who stayed NeverTrumper after October 2016 but as it turned out there weren't that many of those. He wouldn't get the Trump cultists, especially if it looked like Pence was involved in Trump not being in the election. He wouldn't get the (delusional) people who convinced themselves Trump was a party outsider who wasn't going to be tied to the Republican standards of homophobia and austerity. He wouldn't get the people who thought Trump was good at business so would be good at the presidency. He wouldn't get the people who voted for the loud flashy celebrity. He wouldn't get the (also delusional) people who thought Trump was more moderate than that radical liberal Hillary. And he would absolutely not energize unengaged moderates who are only going to vote if someone makes them feel like it.

One of the things absolutely everyone dances around is that Trump did so well because he was loved, absolutely loved by lots of people on the right, and the people who didn't love him were almost entirely those who would fall in line. He didn't steamroll the entire field of traditional Republicans because he was a weak candidate, but because they were. And even the no-hopers in 2016 had a better shot at the presidency than Pence would have.

Trump was only a strong candidate in the context of a country where the right was already pretty crazified by 2016 and engaging in historic levels of voter suppression, but it's not like that came out of nowhere either. It first part of the RNC 2012 post-mortem, and instead of trying to fix the problem they ran howling into the void with it. Since 2016 the party's only lashed itself harder to Trump, the Trump brand and Republican brand are increasingly synonymous. Trump 2020 might not be able to land all of the same moderates and political illiterates that helped 2016 Trump over the line. On the other hand another Republican, especially Pence, who breaks hard enough from Trump to get them back will be a backstabber to the Trumpists. They're in a hard place no matter who they run, and they know it.

None of this is to say 2020 is a sure thing for Democrats. The Democratic candidate could self-destruct, some weird third party deal could split the opposition, voter suppression in the right swing states could break things, or Republicans might even stumble onto someone who is charismatic and convincingly neither Trump nor "swamp" to unify their coalition without motivating people who hate Trump to vote against. But in the end the Republicans didn't have a better shot at the White House than Trump in 2016 and they don't really today.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Electric Bugaloo posted:

This is really really confusingly written, and honestly reads like you’re saying that the two massive slurs that he screams on the recording aren’t such.

ok thanks!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Context for the Milo leak. It's a long thread.

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1191268013858795521

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

so basically what he wants to do is release edited transcripts that make it look like he didn't commit a crime like what he is saying the democrats are doing? I'm really starting to believe we are in hellworld. I'm listening to the podcast "It could happen here" (thank you to whatever goon suggested it) and I am wondering if further planting the idea that this is a coup in the minds of gullible chuds will help create the climate that violent protests could happen. We already have lots of people that disregard reality, know very little how the government functions, and own a lot of guns in this country. What would it take to set them off?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Amazing Zimmo posted:

If anything comes out of this impeachment process it's the sheer amazement of how many people are willing to take a stand on that hill and defend it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I dunno what the first one means, but "kike" is pretty fuckin' obvious.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

This whole thing oozes pathetic, impotent rage. His voice cracks constantly and I swear to god he sounds like he's about to break down in tears. How the gently caress did he motivate the people he was talking to? He sounds like he wants to go on a killing spree because his girl dumped him for having a tiny dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SocketWrench posted:

I dunno what the first one means, but "kike" is pretty fuckin' obvious.

Context is super hard and so confusing guys :ohdear:

Flesh Forge posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/status/1191157832546041856

in other news. this got leaked leaked by milo because nazis always stab/gently caress each other in the back. anyway i love that behind all the bullshit "intellectual" mask, the dude basically a raging privileged sociopath. also it sounds like the unhinged monologue of the "calm and composed bad guy" from some video game/movie before he gets a hollow point in the head followed by a pithy one liner.

also obviously he says bad racist awful poo poo.
Not exactly obviously, he never uses the unambiguous racist slurs that I've ever heard of but that time he let the mask down a bit.