Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
probably everyone in that movement has incriminating poo poo on each other and this might set off a chain reaction of everyone releasing everything in retaliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
His last grift of the "Straight Pride Parade" tanked, and didn't get as much exposure as he would like, or was treated as the joke that it actually was. He's millions of dollars in debt. He's trying to ingratiate to someone with pockets. He's desperate and turning on them, after they turned on him, hoping that someone will return his calls.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

BrigadierSensible posted:

My Mensa story:

Years ago, I decided to join Mensa because I found out that Molly Meldrum was a member. And there was no loving way in hell I was going to quantitatively dumber than bloody well Molly Meldrum. (For people who don't know who Molly is, he used to host a music show on Australian TV in the 70s/80s, and famously once forgot Prince Charles' name on live TV.)

I didn't have a real IQ test, so I paid the $85 to do their test and *gasp* it turns out I am in the 98th percentile of cleverosity. And that $85 counted as my first years membership fees. What I got as a member was a poorly laminated membership card, and a subscription to their magazine, which whilst less pretentious as one might think, is on the level of a regional sewing club newsletter in terms of content and quality.

I ended up going to only one Mensa meetup, which was in the CBD, and was a bunch of middle aged office worker types discussing problems they were having with email servers over coffee. I didn't go to another. And I never renewed my membership.

I did keep the card for years, however, because I am an arrogant pretentious motherfucker. I would pull it out at the pub occasionally when having arguments with my mates to be rightfully laughed at and mocked. I don't have the card anymore, and I forget where I lost it. (If I was actually clever enough to be a mensa-ite I probably would remember).

That has been my Mensa story. Thank you for listening.

A guy once told me the story of how his dad had been accused by Molly of selling him some bad poo poo, so Molly had a couple of big blokes beat him up, tie him up and Molly was coming at him with a circular saw to chop his legs off. Molly however, higher than a leer jet, was stymied by lack of an appropriate length extension cord and the story kind of ended there. Then he showed me a bunch of photos of his dad and Molly, arms around each other, holding beers in their backyard - before that incident.

I was never in Mensa but I was smart enough that day to realise it may not be worth dealing with that guy to buy a few grams of lovely bush weed.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1190985014198120448?s=19

Blaire White is a racist anti trans nationalist

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Are there any British comedians who aren't gigantic pieces of poo poo in 2019?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grraarrgghh posted:

if Peter Serafinowicz or Matt Berry end up milkshake ducking I will have a loving fit

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1191148639277572098?s=20

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

nerdz posted:

probably everyone in that movement has incriminating poo poo on each other and this might set off a chain reaction of everyone releasing everything in retaliation.

this is the normal modus operandi of white nationalist thugs in australia and it was a fuckin whirlwind of drama to watch when it was at its peak

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Grraarrgghh posted:

The dark haired half of Michele and Webb is supposedly pretty cool while the blond half compensates for that by being an ultra gammon.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Blaire White is interesting because when you hear her "debate" people ostensibly on her own side that don't consider her human, let alone a woman, like say, Ben Shapiro, she gets so close to the connection but then backpedals and prostrates herself before the billionaire grift throne, never going beyond polite suggestions that maybe they might potentially want to think about it differently but oh, no, she totally agrees, those non-passing transssssss are a totally different story. she's got a tremendous hole where her cognitive dissonance ought to be and I just kinda feel sad for her sometimes

then I remember she's choosing to be a nazi still and oh well, eat the rich

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/ohitsmax/status/1191343742185287681?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

New, huh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eschenique posted:

The dark haired half of Michele and Webb is supposedly pretty cool while the blond half compensates for that by being an ultra gammon.

And here I thought I hadn't seen the blonde guy in new stuff because he was noticeably less talented than the doughy chestnut

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Rob does a lot of voice work and panel shows these days

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grraarrgghh posted:

Most are good and fine, you’ll notice it’s always the same ones this is about.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Ah yes, civil discourse. Famous for being ineffectual against the rise of the Nazi party in a mirco level, actively damaging when used in an environment where the political and judicial arms are already seeded with fascists, and dwarfed by the contributions of hundreds of thousands of acts of violence applied directly to Nazis, their leaders and their symbols.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LordSaturn posted:

some are calling it the Night of the Dull Knives

:nice:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TheKennedys posted:

Blaire White is interesting because when you hear her "debate" people ostensibly on her own side that don't consider her human, let alone a woman, like say, Ben Shapiro, she gets so close to the connection but then backpedals and prostrates herself before the billionaire grift throne, never going beyond polite suggestions that maybe they might potentially want to think about it differently but oh, no, she totally agrees, those non-passing transssssss are a totally different story. she's got a tremendous hole where her cognitive dissonance ought to be and I just kinda feel sad for her sometimes

then I remember she's choosing to be a nazi still and oh well, eat the rich

Didn't that Ben Shapiro exchange go something like

White: "It's nice to use preferred pronouns for me and other trans people"

Shapiro: "Actually no."

Followed by them intellectually fellating each other with the "I respect your right to say that thank you for the civil discourse" bullshit for the rest of the discussion?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reminder that if you can comfortably write a word, it's not the n-word of anything.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Followed by them intellectually fellating each other with the "I respect your right to say that thank you for the civil discourse" bullshit for the rest of the discussion?

Everyone's polite until they've got skin in the game.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Calling Boomers the B-word going forward.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did I fall asleep writing a tweet or is it ten dimensional chess. Anyway thousands of qanons read this and lost their minds.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

And here I thought I hadn't seen the blonde guy in new stuff because he was noticeably less talented than the doughy chestnut

Him absolutely beaming whenever he's in a sketch with a nazi uniform should probably have been a clue.

Eschenique has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Nov 4, 2019

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Did I fall asleep writing a tweet or is it ten dimensional chess. Anyway thousands of qanons read this and lost their minds.

They had minds to lose?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary. Smol Ben did his gish gallop thing and she's too polite to actually say he's either lying or extremely stupid, so it's :decorum: through and through

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wait so is Blaire White a transphobic trans woman?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes. The self-hatred that gender dysphoria engenders makes this sadly really common.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

She's to transphobes what Kanye West or Diamond and Silk are to racists.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mind the walrus posted:

They’re both in a current show together called Back.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eschenique posted:

She's to transphobes what Kanye West or Diamond and Silk are to racists.

Yes, the equivalent of a kid going "I don't like that you told me to brush my teeth and eat my vegetables. I'm going to hang out with these strange men at the Mall they say I can stay up as late as I want and eat candy."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

They’re both in a current show together called Back.

Per wikipedia:

quote:

His plans are interrupted when Andrew, a former foster child briefly raised by Stephen's parents, returns to his life eager to renew his relationship with the family. While Andrew quickly charms the rest of Stephen's family - including his mother Ellen, sister Cass and uncle Geoff - Stephen resents Andrew and views him as "a glib, dangerous sociopath who's about to steal his family, his business and his life".[6] Andrew fondly remembers the time he spent living with the family as happy, whereas Stephen remembers the same time as miserable.

If they're "writing what they know" there's probably some truth to life in here.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh God I hate this motherfucker

My mom is always trying to tell me about some poo poo he said and I'm like hey, I plug my phone into the aux port to avoid these kind of dipshidiots

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

She thinks being trans is a mental disorder that can only be fixed with surgery and any trans people who don't suffer from the same level of disphoria as her is faking it for attention and making her look bad. And nonbinary people are even worse because she believes in a very strict gender binary.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I have been ignoring Brexit, because the EU is just a provincial subject state of the USG State Department Empire – but Brexit in the age of Trump is turning into an independence movement from that empire.

The Turkish empire turned into the anti Turkish empire, and the Turks, not the provinces of empire, revolted against it. Purported provincial independence movements were a reflection and result of Kemal Atatürk’s central revolt of the Turks against the (anti)Turkish empire, and the ensuing lack of interest and will in imposing unitary government upon the distant provinces. Even before Trump was elected, I remarked on my hopes that he would be a Kemal Atatürk. Maybe he is.

Checking on Brexit, I see loud and strident agitation by the establishment, the mainstream media, and assorted thugs given license to intimidate and engage in violence, against no deal Brexit.

For example the mainstream media tells simultaneously tells Britons that no deal exit is going to ruin British farmers by forcing them to sell food at lower prices, and will also raise food prices in the supermarket, both articles appearing at the same time in the same newspaper. Much as they cover climate change. Any change in climate is supposedly going to be disastrous, though in fact the world has been steadily and rapidly getting greener, more pleasant, and more clement since the little ice age started to ease up two centuries ago. Blaire White is Milo but trans instead of gay. I can see with my own eyes the semidesert that I wandered as a youth is now grassy and forested, with forests of trees considerably younger than myself appearing. What you will doubtless read is polar bear habitat is threatened, and some poisonous desert dwelling lizard’s habitat is threatened. You will not read of new forests appearing, in lands that were formerly so barren that even sheep and goats had a hard time.

In the third world, we have repeatedly seen the nice friendly morally superior soft power of the Cathedral backed by the most terrible of hard power, the most brutal extreme being the recent repeat genocide of Tutsi in the Congo, a rerun of the Rwandan genocide. If Clinton had been re-elected, chances are that the Alawites would have been genocided also.

So, I think no deal Brexit is likely to go through, because the Alawites were not genocided. Soft power works on credit, and without hard power backing it, the bill comes due. The campaign against Brexit is losing its clothes, revealing itself as hostile to Britain and the British. Remainers talk democracy, while refusing an election and tearing the British constitution to shreds. To constitutionally enforce Remain they have to fire the prime minister with a vote of no confidence, and appoint a new prime minister with a vote of confidence, but are unable to do so, because they cannot unite behind one leader. And they cannot unite behind one leader because Clinton is not in a position to let them know who their leader is, so they are reduced to no end of increasingly desperate end runs around the constitution to delay Brexit indefinitely. Their disunity reflects the current Democratic Party conflict between the young, brown, stupid, and communist wing of the Democrats, and the elderly, decrepit, sick, but smart and white wing of the Democrats. They cannot get their act together, because the American Cathedral cannot get its act together. Brexit is coming because Trump has no desire to hold the (anti)American empire together, as Kemal Atatürk had no desire to hold the (anti)Turkish Empire together. Brexit is coming because Trump would not genocide the Alawites in Syria the way that Clinton-Obama genocided Tutsi in the Congo.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grraarrgghh posted:

Dr. Stuart Ashens and Daniel Hardcastle come to mind.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Craig Ferguson also is a good guy

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pastry of the Year posted:

if Peter Serafinowicz or Matt Berry end up milkshake ducking I will have a loving fit
Didn't Serafinowicz defend his granddad for doing nazi war crimes? :v:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Grraarrgghh posted:

Billy Connolly.

Content;
https://twitter.com/BobLonsberry/status/1191252815106256896

EFB.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr. Lonsberry is the main character of Twitter today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I think John Oliver is fine but I'm not sure if he's been cancelled at some point.