Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

professor metis posted:

I like reading posts in this thread about idle games I've never played, because out of context they sound so incredibly bizarre.

Like this:

Is just fantastic.

Also posting here so that I can message somethingggg for my newbie pack :mrgw:

Toss me a pm on discord and i'll hook you up when i get back home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I booted Incremancer yesterday and fizzled out, there's not much you can do after getting the buildings and the Rune Infusions. There's a ridiculous Prestige option to lower the Energy to spawn a zombie but the rest is just "get more resoruce" or "get resource faster".

I might have misinterpreted it but I'm pretty sure the storage prestige upgrades are additive with the normal ones as well. At least I had +240% blood storage with 2 prestige upgrades in it, and the +10% from the brain upgrade brought it to +250%.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kin posted:

It's manual, but i did a bit of experimenting.

Turns out that holding down the key and kicking wasn't doing anything, but simultaneously pressing the key and clicking works 100% of the time. No idea why holding down and clicking was only working intermittently.

Holding down things like ctrl and click to put stuff in the trash works 100% of the time.

Are you on a laptop? Laptop touchpad drivers intentionally send held keys that are not shift control or alt as 2 commands instead of hold and click.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

pixaal posted:

Are you on a laptop? Laptop touchpad drivers intentionally send held keys that are not shift control or alt as 2 commands instead of hold and click.

I am, and that would explain it then!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How is the Auto Start Next Level supposed to work in Incremancer? I have it turned on, but I still just get stuck at the end of level screen and have to manually start the next level.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

When it's on, it automatically starts the next level 3 seconds after the current level ends. It's pretty quick when it's on IME.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

When it's on, it automatically starts the next level 3 seconds after the current level ends. It's pretty quick when it's on IME.

That’s the thing, I have it on, but the behavior you describe does not occur. I’m on the developers website, are you playing on Kong by any chance?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If I'm at ~1E26 Adventure stats and want to down Exile v4 whats my best plan of attack?

I've gotten all the Adventure perks/quirks except for Rich Perks III and Rich Quirks II, and I'm all out of any possible Wishes. Am I better to blast rebirths for the MacGuffin (45k) bonus, or just let everything stack up for a few weeks until I get into kill range?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ghostlight posted:

If I'm at ~1E26 Adventure stats and want to down Exile v4 whats my best plan of attack?

I've gotten all the Adventure perks/quirks except for Rich Perks III and Rich Quirks II, and I'm all out of any possible Wishes. Am I better to blast rebirths for the MacGuffin (45k) bonus, or just let everything stack up for a few weeks until I get into kill range?

Might be sadistic ngu honestly

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's going to be pretty hard to get Sadistic NGU without killing Exile V4...

Anyways you need Quirks II, I had a decent bit in Perks III also with a ~8 day reset to get there with pretty similar stats to what you have now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Cinara posted:

It's going to be pretty hard to get Sadistic NGU without killing Exile V4...

Anyways you need Quirks II, I had a decent bit in Perks III also with a ~8 day reset to get there with pretty similar stats to what you have now.

Shut up I haven't slept much.

I think it was quirks, perks, and a week long run that got me there first kill

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm collecting EXP at a pretty decent pace now and I have a max lvl Wandoos 98. Should I be pushing Energy/Magic total now? Or power, or what?

I'm currently idling in the Clock Work zone to get my clockwork set bonus complete and I've killed the first two titans.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm collecting EXP at a pretty decent pace now and I have a max lvl Wandoos 98. Should I be pushing Energy/Magic total now? Or power, or what?

I'm currently idling in the Clock Work zone to get my clockwork set bonus complete and I've killed the first two titans.

You're supposed to be better off if you keep your things in proportion to each other, with 1 pow : 40k capacity : 1 bar being the recommended ratio at your point in the game. Get enough magic to activate any fruits you use (probably 300k for the pomegranate unless my memory is bad), but other than basically all your xp should be going to energy or whatever quality of life XP purchases from the Adventure Special/misc/ygg tabs are affordable.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The biggest limiter on regular bone income is that you never have more than 1000 humans to kill on a map, and I'm not sure if detonated zombie bones count or not, so Small Investment actually is your best source of bone income for a long time unless you pump Bone Rate a lot (and it seems like it's more efficient to just pump Small Investment a lot). Like even level 9 of it is 1800 per wave, and you won't get half that from finishing level 45 normally. It speeds up construction a LOT and makes buying bone upgrades sensible.

As far as I figured it out you can collect them, but they don't get automatically picked up at the end of the round. So detonate your zombies while there are still 2-3 "houses" left and send out all the collectors.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Do you have a fully kitted out set from 2D world? Generally the next thing you try to do is push up to the next adventure zone, to manually snag a few pieces if you can't idle it - then power those up to let you idle it.

Have you completed one of each of the easier challenges? AutoBoost from the no equipment challenge in particular is a gamechanger for idling boosts into your equipped armor.

Other than that yeah - keep your yggdrasil going (see what your next activate requirements are, if you can push to those) and boost up your energy/magic (more focus on energy). I'm about where you are, and I'm focusing on putting exp in energy cap so I can get to 5 million energy to activate the Fruit of Droprate or whatever it's called. Leveling the first fruit to level 10 and harvesting it with a poop is a good source of early seeds - make sure you have the perk that gives you poop from the tower you can earn while idle.

Also for anyone else who's dumb like me - for Blood Magic you should be running the furthest down ritual that you can support with your gold per second - the bigger rituals are MUCH more blood per magic - while also being more gold per blood. So I'm making blood about 50x faster on the third ritual than the first with a level 20 time machine.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I did the first no-equipment challenge which took way longer then I expected it to, but I got that sweet auto-boost.

I completed my clockwork-set and I'm now doing the 2d-set.

Guess I'll try to stick to that ratio of 1:40k:1

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

finally added that in-inventory menu setting thing people liked

edit: yep VV

something fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 4, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

Talking about the little checkboxes to auto-transform to Power/Toughness/Special? cool

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Maybe if you like shift- or control- click it, it turns all the existing boosts in your inventory to that type of boost?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Buzkashi posted:

Maybe if you like shift- or control- click it, it turns all the existing boosts in your inventory to that type of boost?

If you play in your browser, Ctrl+W+click (click optional) already does interesting stuff (save first)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

As far as I figured it out you can collect them, but they don't get automatically picked up at the end of the round. So detonate your zombies while there are still 2-3 "houses" left and send out all the collectors.

They do get automatically picked up, bones just disappear after a time.
So if you detonate all your zombies when there's only a couple of humans alive and then kill those with newly spawned zombies, you'll get like 2000 bones.
Not like it really matters with a game this short though

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
One possible suggestion - would you be able to scale the inventory to like 50% to fit twice/4x as much on? Or is this insane?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Klungar posted:

That’s the thing, I have it on, but the behavior you describe does not occur. I’m on the developers website, are you playing on Kong by any chance?

Yes. It's entirely possible they updated Kong's version based on feedback without pushing it to their website as well.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Finally finished the last Normal Troll challenge in NGU. Should probably rush through the No Equipment set next, since that's a static difficulty across the board but I have like 15 of those to do. Blind, No NGU and No Time Machine are the ones that I'm putting off the most at this point, though. Blind especially, even though the daycare boosts will probably help out so much as things begin take more than a day to gain a single level.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blind is probably the easiest of all the challenges you've named.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think no tm was the last one I finished

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I did blind fairly late, but I found it to be pretty fun.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm foolishly running through all the rewardless Evil challenges and I really hate the 24-hour challenge, folks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

something posted:

just toss me a pm on discord citing this post.

There's a free newbie pack? I started playing after seeing a banner ad, and I'm hooked. And almost done with my first 24 hour challenge now. (And having dropped money for the newbie & ascended pack on Steam because numbers.)

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope
Finally picked this up when it released on Steam and I've been enjoying it a lot, but I have a few questions. The jump from killing UUG to being able to start on the Beardverse seems steep. Right now I'm just doing the ITOPOD for 24 hour rebirths to pump up beard levels and collect some perk points, also working on leveling Yggdrasil and some NGU's. Is there anything I'm missing that I should be doing?

Also, what's the recommended energy:magic ratio? I'm currently using 3:1 since that's how the prices work out, is there a better ratio to work towards? For power:cap:bars I'm using 1:40,000:1 for both, I think I saw that in this thread somewhere, is that accurate enough?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

something posted:

edit: yep VV

this is cool but i would be happier with an option to auto-convert boosts to an appropriate color when you a-click an item with multiple uncapped stats

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

deeznuts posted:

Finally picked this up when it released on Steam and I've been enjoying it a lot, but I have a few questions. The jump from killing UUG to being able to start on the Beardverse seems steep. Right now I'm just doing the ITOPOD for 24 hour rebirths to pump up beard levels and collect some perk points, also working on leveling Yggdrasil and some NGU's. Is there anything I'm missing that I should be doing?

Also, what's the recommended energy:magic ratio? I'm currently using 3:1 since that's how the prices work out, is there a better ratio to work towards? For power:cap:bars I'm using 1:40,000:1 for both, I think I saw that in this thread somewhere, is that accurate enough?

The beard wall is well known and longstanding. Finish your basics if you can, dump into NGU adventure ignoring the soft cap, and just keep on trucking with pushing your fruits. Eventually you'll get there.

For ratios 3:1 is good, but by the end of normal you want to be working towards 1:1 as magic gets more useful. For power/cap/bar there is some ideal ratio but it's real close to cap and power cost the same amount and I'm way to lazy to do more math than punch in the number and see if costs match. Bars you play by feel, i think very few people have 1:1 power bars, generally anything faster than advanced training unlock time is a waste, and some people like to do even less ie they do gold set titan kills and don't need to be capped until 1hr. Personally I like to be capped at 6:20, when my advanced unlocks so I can walk away from the rebirth.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
NGU idle is a really fun game. Is boosting boosts ever useful and if so is there ever a way to auto-concatenate boosts or do I have to manually boost them.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Eldercain posted:

For ratios 3:1 is good, but by the end of normal you want to be working towards 1:1 as magic gets more useful.

I'm at sadistic and I have 1:1 power:bars and about 2:1 energy:magic ratios. I feel like magic never becomes quite as useful as energy, although that equation has changed a bunch with wishes giving you an excess energy/magic dump. But before wishes, there would be a point where you just had tons of idle magic. With energy, you could always dump it into augmentation at least.

:shrug:

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Saraiguma posted:

NGU idle is a really fun game. Is boosting boosts ever useful and if so is there ever a way to auto-concatenate boosts or do I have to manually boost them.

Every boost should be leveled to 100 once, as doing that gives you a 2% increase in boost value. After that, there's no point.

Until you unlock automerge slots, no, there's no way to auto-combine items. Once you do, yes, you put it in the automerge slot.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venuz Patrol posted:

this is cool but i would be happier with an option to auto-convert boosts to an appropriate color when you a-click an item with multiple uncapped stats

Same, that'd be swell and what I was assuming would happen. As I am nowhere near getting to that point currently (having just finished my first 24 hour challenge.)

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Every boost should be leveled to 100 once, as doing that gives you a 2% increase in boost value. After that, there's no point.

Until you unlock automerge slots, no, there's no way to auto-combine items. Once you do, yes, you put it in the automerge slot.

oh is that how that works? I thought that was for boosting other items

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I'm at sadistic and I have 1:1 power:bars and about 2:1 energy:magic ratios. I feel like magic never becomes quite as useful as energy, although that equation has changed a bunch with wishes giving you an excess energy/magic dump. But before wishes, there would be a point where you just had tons of idle magic. With energy, you could always dump it into augmentation at least.

:shrug:

Yeah I'm back to 2:1 but in evil 1:1 felt good until real late since magic ngus are mostly real good

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Saraiguma posted:

oh is that how that works? I thought that was for boosting other items

Boosts can be applied to other items. They have a base value -- the base value is the number the boost is. 1 = 1. 5 = 5. 100 = 100. Etc.

Leveling a boost to level 100 gives you a 2% permanent bonus when any boost is applied to an item. So if you get your Power Boost 1 to level 100, it's now worth 1.02 points when applied, as is a toughness boost or a special boost. And that applies to 5 point boosts, too, so those are worth 5.1 points. Leveling another boost to 100 gives you an additional 2% increase to the value of all boosts. And so on.

This starts small but adds up over time, especially in combination with perks/quirks later on. 5k boosts for me are worth around 400k when applied.

You can see what (if any) bonuses you get for leveling things to 100 on the Item List.

Auto-merge slots auto-combine items of the same type and apply boosts to them, just like if the item were equipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Saraiguma posted:

In time, yeah, it's super useful. My boosts at late game are 150x as powerful as face value (not including recycling). So, for example, a 10 boost by itself is worth 1,500. With 100% recycling, that's ~2,700. It gets crazier when you get to boosts way higher than 10, but then gear boost requirements get way higher too, and cube becomes a significant source of stats.

You can auto-concatenate them in the same way you can gear, such as auto merge inventory slots or daycare.