Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LadyPictureShow posted:

Also, his suit got torn in a fight and the spiders swarmed out and ate Hobgoblin.
Mary Jane found him later and it was just like human-shaped spiders and the mask still on and they was all "i can't come back from this, I'm a monster" and they all slink away.

Shame he might be set up as a villain. (He sent a bunch of spiders into the multiverse and they're eavesdropping on things). It's a great tragic spin on the story with enough grossness to remind me from the cartoon's Neogenic Nightmare arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah he showed up again in Superior Spider-Man as a villain.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, he's a funny concept, but he's also frightening. There's not really many directions you can go with "hive-mind colony of man-eating spiders pretending to be a human" other than villain.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Upon my billionth viewing, I finally found a flaw:

One of the music credits is missing the hyphen!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Also the concept of Spiderman is innocent enough that even if you have a fear of spiders, you can like spiderman.

Having a person made of literally thousands of spiders in a mainstream movie is nightmare fuel for kids and is the quickest way to end a franchise.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They didn’t establish there’s other heroes out there, did they? It’s the same sort of hero vacuum from all the Sony movies?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

They didn’t establish there’s other heroes out there, did they? It’s the same sort of hero vacuum from all the Sony movies?
I mean, technically you could use any heroes that appeared first/primarily in Spider-Man books, so that's what, Black Cat, um...Cardiac, Wraith, The Smithville Thunderbolt(s) and Spindrifter?

I'm pretty sure that Spindrifter will never be in a movie, but I like reminding people Spider-Man: Hooky exists.

Also: I found a collection of stills someone got form the original teaser, which I posted overi nBSS and forgot to do so here. Fortunately there's an updated version with extra logos, for people to guess away at.

Consensus is that the one in the middle of the top row is representing the Emissary of Hell himself, Toei Spider-Man!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What’s the consensus on the others?

Top right is 2099, I’m guessing.
Bottom 2nd from right... Jessica Drew?

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 4, 2019

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Bottom second to right kinda reminds me of Mangaverse Peter

Bottom left has something INSIDE the logo that I don't know how to place

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 4, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

nerdman42 posted:

Bottom left has something INSIDE the logo that I don't know how to place

Superior Spider-Man?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm a little concerned about the sequel because lego movie 2 and cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 weren't terribly good but maybe there were other factors involved.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm a little concerned about the sequel because lego movie 2 and cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 weren't terribly good but maybe there were other factors involved.

With Lego Movie 2, I think the big factor in it being not nearly as tight as the first is twofold: First, comedy sequels are rarely good. Two, the director went from being Lord / Miller to the guy who directed such notable classics of cinema as Deuce Bigalow, Shrek 4 and Alvin and the Chipmunks 3. With Cloudy 2, I think Lord & Miller were barely involved beyond giving story notes because they were busy with 22 Jump Street and the first Lego Movie.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Apparently the director for Spider-Verse 2 is Joaquim Dos Santos, one of the two showrunners/exec producers for Voltron so. Hmm. I'm slightly concerned?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Apparently the director for Spider-Verse 2 is Joaquim Dos Santos, one of the two showrunners/exec producers for Voltron so. Hmm. I'm slightly concerned?

Why? Voltron was great.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean while Lego 2 wasn't as good as the first, it was still very good.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I really liked the first half of the series but the second half lost me entirely.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There's just one spiderman I want to see in the sequel.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

There's just one spiderman I want to see in the sequel.

Is that the origin of the famous ancient head-shake .gif? Better than I could have dreamed.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is that the origin of the famous ancient head-shake .gif? Better than I could have dreamed.

Italian Spiderman is absolutely magical and the creators also made Danger 5, which is similarly bizarre.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Joaquim Dos Santos did work on Justice League Unlimited and the Avatar series, I believe, so he's qualified.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean, technically you could use any heroes that appeared first/primarily in Spider-Man books, so that's what, Black Cat, um...Cardiac, Wraith, The Smithville Thunderbolt(s) and Spindrifter?

I'm pretty sure that Spindrifter will never be in a movie, but I like reminding people Spider-Man: Hooky exists.

Also: I found a collection of stills someone got form the original teaser, which I posted overi nBSS and forgot to do so here. Fortunately there's an updated version with extra logos, for people to guess away at.

Consensus is that the one in the middle of the top row is representing the Emissary of Hell himself, Toei Spider-Man!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/11/05/japanese-spider-man-confirmed-for-spider-verse-2

Looks like you're right! :D

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Juice WRLD, who performed the sublime ‘Hide’ on the soundtrack, has died. :smith:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1203710272915030016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHNdTPV7pM

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh geez. At 21? That sucks big time.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They haven't posted the cause of death but if the many, many other Soundcloud rappers who died in their early 20s are anything to go off of it was probably something totally unpreventable and completely blameless.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

They haven't posted the cause of death but if the many, many other Soundcloud rappers who died in their early 20s are anything to go off of it was probably something totally unpreventable and completely blameless.

They’ve repeatedly said it was a seizure.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The_Doctor posted:

They’ve repeatedly said it was a seizure.

drat, another young rapper who makes nothing but songs about how they're depressed and they use drugs lost to Xanax. Rip in peace, juiceman.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Sleeveless posted:

drat, another young rapper who makes nothing but songs about how they're depressed and they use drugs lost to Xanax. Rip in peace, juiceman.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Thank god for the Ignore button.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Thank god for the Ignore button.

What a good idea.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Counterpoint, if you ignore people you can't report them and their stupid asses wont get banned. Why do you want Lowtax to die?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Also apparently FYAD is closing for some reason

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gatts posted:

Also apparently FYAD is closing for some reason

a thread about making GBS threads on transgender goons got locked and fyad people started getting really pissy about it so things continued to escalate from there

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How has it only been a year?

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1205924455291080704

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Delays :(

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1253816019040169989

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Take as long as you need as long as they preserve the heart and soul of what made the first ITSV one of the best animated movies of the last decade (if not ever)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I feel this thread is the best place to ask.

Do any of you remember a website called Spideykicksbutt.com? It was a site run by a Spider-Man superfan, was around for years, with a lot of good, detailed analyses of Spidey comic history. It's been offline for a long time. Does anyone know if it's still up on a new domain, or is any of that stuff archived anywhere?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MrMojok posted:

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I feel this thread is the best place to ask.

Do any of you remember a website called Spideykicksbutt.com? It was a site run by a Spider-Man superfan, was around for years, with a lot of good, detailed analyses of Spidey comic history. It's been offline for a long time. Does anyone know if it's still up on a new domain, or is any of that stuff archived anywhere?

Archive.org has it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Wayback Machine has you.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MrMojok posted:

Aside from being on archive, it's being gradually rehosted/updated on another site. It also has a bunch of other articles by other people and a podcast he's a regular on.

If you've any non-Spidey questions, you can also check out Batman's Shameful Secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh, thanks so much guys!

I was wanting to read a particular article a while back and realized I had not bookmarked it, then realized the domain was gone, and it was a sad, sad day.