Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Nova:
Nova's primary attribute is Duration. She's weird, range does not not scale her 4. Instead, duration scales both her 1 and 4. Get her 4 augment, and it will refresh her 1. Do not prioritize her Range, not unless you want to use her 2 as a nuke. I actually like to keep some range on Nova because her 2 is unbelievably powerful, but it's quite awkward to use. That means swap out Cunning Drift and Stretch for Narrow Minded and Constitution/Augur Message.
As far as I know, Range actually has no effect on Nova's 2. Her 2's explosion radius is fixed and not affected by any stats. So, all the more reason not to care about Range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

historically you wanted to tank range on slowva so you wouldnt have the DR balls from her 1 spinning off and exploding on things 20m away keeping you tanky, but her new 4 aug will usually keep you topped up no matter what now

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Honest question: What's so great about the Nikana? I have one baking now, I just wondered what the hype is.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
A really important thing I just learned:
If you just leave a lich alone after it spawns, it will convert nearby grineer into thralls. It has a limit but it's really high, I got like ~25-30% from one lich spawn.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’ve been very happy with my toxic Kuva Tonkor. It hilariously explodes everything and reloads fast enough that I’m not too annoyed by using it. Plus, I had to put 5 forma in it and the Flight Speed mod is able to fit in Pexilus, so it’s less a grenade launcher and more a Rocket propelled grenade launcher.

Also, I just learned of the existence of the Amalgam Furax mod that acts as a second, stacking Firestorm. So I’m looking forward to testing that out :getin:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Agents are GO! posted:

Honest question: What's so great about the Nikana? I have one baking now, I just wondered what the hype is.

Fast, good reach, intuitive sweeps, and straightforward good stats. Basically they feel good to use and can back that feel up with big numbers. Or at least the prime and zaws can.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

Also one of the good stances is really easy to get, since Stalker likes to drop it a lot [blind justice].

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Tulip posted:

Fast, good reach, intuitive sweeps, and straightforward good stats. Basically they feel good to use and can back that feel up with big numbers. Or at least the prime and zaws can.

What about the dragon nikana?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ristolaz posted:

What about the dragon nikana?

Better stats than the regular Nikana but a little worse than the Prime. Still very good.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

What do I need to do so my frames don't die instantly to level 100 stuff.

Do you realize you've posted a speedva? If you use that build around lvl 100 enemies you're going to get WRECKED regardless of your durability.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If you use Adaptation + the augment that gives you DR, even a Speedva should be fine in high-level content, and is still desirable if for some godforsaken reason you're doing Defense missions with that scaling.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So how are you all building Vaubaun and Ember?

I was thinking range and duration/power for Vau.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

"Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired" gives you free life steal.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mesadoram posted:

no idea about Vauban but this is my target for Ember

https://tennoware.com/warframes/ember%20prime/12113120402d305d605y510n405f205w805y810g603y910w605a9030000/28580

TW is obviously not up to date, so Firequake is actually Exothermic.

Main thing is actually pretty similar to my Gara philosophy: it's hard to make up for lack of range, so that gets priority. Exo + Conversion is fantastic as a synergy. I've mostly been using this for lich hunts and Kuva Floods, have not done ESO or Arbitration yet with her but this holds up as death into the low 100s.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mesadoram posted:

I shifted gears to add some cast speed and power to my Vauban. Feels way better.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Anything else I absolutely need to buy with nightwave creds? Other than vauban?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Guilty posted:

Stockpile Nitain.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Guilty posted:

Nitain is only technically obtainable form other sources. You might as well treat the nightwave shop as the only source of it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tulip posted:

no idea about Vauban but this is my target for Ember

https://tennoware.com/warframes/ember%20prime/12113120402d305d605y510n405f205w805y810g603y910w605a9030000/28580

TW is obviously not up to date, so Firequake is actually Exothermic.

Main thing is actually pretty similar to my Gara philosophy: it's hard to make up for lack of range, so that gets priority. Exo + Conversion is fantastic as a synergy. I've mostly been using this for lich hunts and Kuva Floods, have not done ESO or Arbitration yet with her but this holds up as death into the low 100s.

This is exactly what I'm using except Overextended is Primed Continuity. Exothermic will never leave my Ember.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I haven't killed a larvaling yet, but if I accidentally do, would Alt+F4 save me or am I just hosed?

BMan fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 4, 2019

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

BMan posted:

I haven't killed a larvaling yet, but if I accidentally do, would Alt+F4 save me or am I just hosed?

I'm fairly sure the lich is live from the moment you murder the larvaling.

But, to be honest, liches aren't that big of a problem, also you can't get a lich until after TWW, and at that point, even my MR6 rear end could do sorties.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

SIGSEGV posted:

I'm fairly sure the lich is live from the moment you murder the larvaling.

But, to be honest, liches aren't that big of a problem, also you can't get a lich until after TWW, and at that point, even my MR6 rear end could do sorties.

I'm MR8 and I've done TWW and I'm not even remotely ready to do sorties

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

anyway I guess I'll be abandoning any mission with a larvaling spawn from now on. cool

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BMan posted:

You should still do the sorties even if you don't feel totally ready for them, most people can solo the mission and the rewards are too good to miss out on when starting out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you all had a choice to potato who would you potato amongst these choices: Hildryn, Hydroid Prime, Limbo Prime, Rhino Prime, Vauban Prime, Wisp, Wukong Prime, or Zephyr Prime

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You should still do the sorties even if you don't feel totally ready for them, most people can solo the mission and the rewards are too good to miss out on when starting out.

Or just holler in clan chat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Anora posted:

If you all had a choice to potato who would you potato amongst these choices: Hildryn, Hydroid Prime, Limbo Prime, Rhino Prime, Vauban Prime, Wisp, Wukong Prime, or Zephyr Prime

Rhino Prime will never let you down.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

BMan posted:

anyway I guess I'll be abandoning any mission with a larvaling spawn from now on. cool

Just ask for some help with your mods and stuff, you're freaking out over how hard stuff is when it's not that bad.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

if you're asking for advice it'd be nice to hear more

But for me personally, Wisp

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tulip posted:

if you're asking for advice it'd be nice to hear more

But for me personally, Wisp

agreed on both counts

Wisp is powerful, and was also 50% of the reason I managed to grind through those hellacious Grendel missions. (The other half was a very, very competent Trinity.)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Wisp and Wukong prime.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anora posted:

what are you needs, what frames do you already have potatoed

what do you want to do with them

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those are the only frames I have not Potatoed. (Except Ivara, but she's getting a prime soonish)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

Those are the only frames I have not Potatoed. (Except Ivara, but she's getting a prime soonish)

if you've potato'd all the non prime versions, go with Wisp. Unless you hate buffing + lasers, then probably wuk.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Wisp is silly strong and fun.

Agreed that Rhino almost can't let you down.

Wukong is especially strong right now, his rework was very kind. The initial reaction was pretty much 'i don't know if he's going to be meta for anything but he's really good at everything now' and now he might be meta at spy vaults.

Some people really like Hildryn, she can fill in the roll of old Ember (as far as just flying through a level goes, not quite as good at the afk stuff) and is pretty drat strong over all. I'm not the biggest fan of how she plays but she's quite strong and looks amazing.

I'd probably potato Hydroid though, that boy is fun as hell.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 4, 2019

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

BMan posted:

Believe me, you can handle sorties, your worse case scenario is letting an MR27 trying out a newbie cosplay with regular excal / braton / lato / skana do all the work for you while alt tabbing every two rooms to shitpost for a second or ten.

And I'd potato Wisp, she's just hilariously good.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Anora posted:

Wukong Prime handsdown. Someone a few pages ago posted a wukong clone build with acceltra weapon and this has pretty much absolutely destroyed anything that's level 50 or below. Spy missions, defenses, the build is just so flexible and easy that I can just afk some missions.

It's also insanely tough since cloud Regens your health

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wisp and Wukong prime.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

What's your favorite no-Prime frame? And why?

Aaannnnd go!

Easily Wisp. No question. I do like Gara and Khora a lot as well but Wisp is the only frame that currently doesn't have a prime that I think I'd actually get Prime Access for.

nil. posted:

As far as I know, Range actually has no effect on Nova's 2. Her 2's explosion radius is fixed and not affected by any stats. So, all the more reason not to care about Range.

This is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you’re at the stage where you have Hildryn you really should have a stockpile of prime parts and valuable mods you can flip for plat to buy potatoes.