Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
New Superego is very good, to no surprise. Listen to it. You'll laugh.

Oh, geez. I guess it's been long enough since I listened to it that I forgot that this is the same stuff that was out last year. Anyway, let this be your reminder to re-listen to Superego.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

FitFortDanga posted:

I love Andy Daly but I loving hate Sean Conroy

I like Sean Conroy. And he's one of the main writers on Mr. Pickles. It's a show on Adult Swim. Super funny.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Sean Conroy is your outwardly grumpy but secretly soft-hearted uncle, he's great.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hahaha teacher's lounge guests legitimately talking about their high school days is awful and not funny at all. That show should not be an actual interview show

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe they want a way to have guests spots without so much improv skill required but, yeah, it's jarring. It could be funny to hear the teacher's lounge guys helpfully mediate famous people's real high school stories as though they're still just happening.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

All guests should be required to sing the theme tune.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's the exact opposite of a CBB, where the boring interview is first, then the funny improv. I'm pretty sure they even started getting out of character as well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The non-character guest interviews are still good, because it's Teachers Lounge, but yeah they should be cut. It's a weird transition.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Stitcher minis > Earwolf show

The latest basketball coaching one was amazing.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Actionboyz in Chicago on Saturday was very funny. The movie was Code of Silence with Chuck Norris. There was a Chime-in Charlie that Rogers roasted. They got the lights flashed at them before they got to the final showdown, so you know it's good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Stitcher minis > Earwolf show

The latest basketball coaching one was amazing.

Yeah the "Teachers doing their jobs/Screaming at the top of their lungs for 15 minutes" episodes have all been fantastic.

I assume this week's will be "Students screaming at Howard."

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Gabrus has a new Stitcher Premium show, and it is of course very good

The Gino Lombardo Show - Gym Cupid (w/ Ben Rodgers, Ryan Stanger, Carl Tart and Gil Ozeri)
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-gino-lombardo-show/e/64721631

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

HolePisser1982 posted:

Gabrus has a new Stitcher Premium show, and it is of course very good

The Gino Lombardo Show - Gym Cupid (w/ Ben Rodgers, Ryan Stanger, Carl Tart and Gil Ozeri)
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-gino-lombardo-show/e/64721631

Thanks! Love Tart!

Also my unofficial RSS feed is not working? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm sure the guest didn't mean it like that on this pretty shambolic Hollywood Handbook but "she's like this show's Roz Doyle, you're like Frasier Crane, I'm like Bulldog, who hosed Roz Doyle in the rear end" seemed a very rude thing to say.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How many Harley S. Pumpquinns costumes are we gonna see this Halloween?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This week's Scam Goddess was pretty good (though they all have been so far). The scam they covered on this one was just particularly brazen.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I listened to that explicitly because I couldn't place Jamie Loftus, but I vaguely remembered that name as belonging to a funny person, then it came up pretty early in the ep

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/06/i-will-not-get-into-mensa-and-who-the-hell-cares-i.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/07/good-news-they-let-dumb-sluts-into-mensa-now.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/10/mensa-update-one-of-them-threatened-to-kill-me-and.html

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 30, 2019

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Congrats on 10 minutes of narration before any improv on the latest improv4humans

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love movie form. I can get why it might not be for everyone, but a big part of it is that they need to set up multiple storylines before they dive into the scenes.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

efb - I too agree with the thread on the Lounge and guests...I’ll look for the thread to tell me if one is gold, else I think I’ll skip the segments.

I’m going to say this without having listened to more than 3 minutes of the Teachers Lounge talking to a comedian in the episode a few weeks ago...But why would you ever anchor the show with a hint of realism???

Those 3 minute have made me stop the ep as soon as they break for a guest...I suppose the minis make up for it?

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 1, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Again, I think the "real" guest segments are fine, but they aren't in the spirit of the Lounge.

That's probably why the minis are absolutely out of control and have seen the deaths of...I dunno, like 10 characters in the last 5 weeks? RIP Rat Kid and Knife Kid.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah the interviews are still pretty funny, they just feel out of place and make the whole thing disjointed tone wise.
I rather have those segments be something else but they aren't like so bad I would skip any of them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The last ep's one is worth it for Todd being very insane.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

crimedog posted:

Congrats on 10 minutes of narration before any improv on the latest improv4humans

I remember one episode where Matty b bitched about how a who's line spinoff needed a bunch of setup for one of their games lol

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I think I was just in a mood last night, lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Did anyone attended the Chicago action boyz show?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yes, it was good. Code of Silence (1985)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

crimedog posted:

Yes, it was good. Code of Silence (1985)

Something tells me we can expect to hear that in the fairly near future.

I'm also seeing...for some reason...an abbreviated Ninjavember/Novinja.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sounds like no more mooster claws :(

https://twitter.com/Ben_Rodgers/status/1191390933096394753?s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I need to know how to feed the cats

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That's too bad. I'm kind of sick of all the other podcasts Sean does, but I really could have gone for another season of this.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Podcasts is finally running out of free money to burn

Oh well it was nice knowin ya

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Any indication that we're getting a new U Talkin' to commemorate the 25th Anniversary Scary One reissue?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any indication that we're getting a new U Talkin' to commemorate the 25th Anniversary Scary One reissue?

It's out now and has Michael Stipe and Mike Mills

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Remix! Original!

Monster is such a bad record.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Scott's whole thing about "resequencing" is loving insane

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gabrus is amazing on the new Teacher's Lounge.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Gabrus is amazing on the new Teacher's Lounge.

The minisodes have also been killing it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm glad they didn't give up on the looser format for the minis after the abbreviated subway episode, because I'm loving these Hamilton-adjacent scenes. The magazine sales pep rally they did last week is probably the most consistent, funniest 20 minutes Big Grande has done on the show to date. FRESHMEN, STOP TOUCHING YOUR AREA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I really liked the most recent Unspooled episode on Forrest Gump. I've never heard Paul get so absolutely pissed off over a movie before.