Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Xander77 posted:

(Weirdly, attempting to shoot Cunoesse doesn't gain any bad cop points?)

Kim would most likely forgive you for reaching the point but not performing the act considering his history working juvie

Y'know, because this game is so awesome even it can see the grey in threatening lethal force against a child because everything is that hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

If that's the case I should be okay. I've been more miserable and less of an rear end in a top hat. Aside from victimless things like taking bribes and stealing.

I remember someone mentioning that the achievement never triggered for them so it may be that bug.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why even finish the game

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All good things come to an end

Fortunately you can replay it

I made the mistake of starting Outer Worlds post DE and now it feels hollow

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Songbearer posted:

Obsidian are game devs that make video games for money

ZA/UM are an anti-capitalist art collective starting a movement that happen to use video games as a medium

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Songbearer posted:

Play Kentucky Route Zero instead. It's unfinished, but it was a major influence for DE and it shows. It's a straight adventure game though.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Idia posted:

I got a question about the interactable wall near the apartment complex Sold my gas canister, is there anyway for me to paint on the wall?

I used the gas canister from my car but it might be possible to get one from Cindy the Skull. I didn't, but that might be because when I asked her for materials I succeeded at a really hard check to explain my artistic vision and she was actually so jealous of it she didn't give it to me (at which point I explored and got some from my car), so maybe she'll give you some if you fail the check

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

team overhead smash posted:

I used the gas canister from my car but it might be possible to get one from Cindy the Skull. I didn't, but that might be because when I asked her for materials I succeeded at a really hard check to explain my artistic vision and she was actually so jealous of it she didn't give it to me (at which point I explored and got some from my car), so maybe she'll give you some if you fail the check

where did you get the brush tho!?!?!?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kidkissinger posted:

where did you get the brush tho!?!?!?

I'm not sure the exact details of how I got it but there was no was I was going to prove my bona fides to her because I was an awful artist so instead I just acted as pathetic as possible until I got it out of pity iirc

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

BTW, think i settled on my second playthrough: 1/1/1/1 failcop. CheatEngine to get enough money to stock up on healing items so I'm not constantly getting game overs, see how far I can go failing every check in the game. There's only the one right before the point of no return you actually need to pass, right?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I just realized what game this reminds me of:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Knight:_Sins_of_the_Fathers

It's another point-and-click adventure where you're investigating a murder, and it's in New Orleans so there's a lot of French accents in the voice acting. Anyone else played it back in the day?

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
So I got a hint at how much could change between the thoughts and what you discover about different characters on my first run. I was running a high empathy build but hit the day 2 no progress lockout (I made the mistake of finding the ledger hidden compartment after making the jump to my police coat, so I think I locked myself out of even getting into the harbor).

My second playthrough I'm running high intellect + motorics and it's crazy how much more I'm learning about characters. Even on Day 1 I was unlocking quests with Cuno and Joyce that I never even grazed on my first run.

Consistently just blown away by the quality of this game. I saw someone talking about how Outer Worlds has a quirk that makes it so your character screams whenever they see robots, and it felt very emblematic of huge gap in pure role-playing depth between the two games.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Kim would most likely forgive you for reaching the point but not performing the act considering his history working juvie

Y'know, because this game is so awesome even it can see the grey in threatening lethal force against a child because everything is that hosed

Not really, that's one of a few instant game over points. Don't shoot children even if you're a cop.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arglebargle III posted:

Not really, that's one of a few instant game over points. Don't shoot children even if you're a cop.
Yeah, but shooting at children is fine, apparently.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Songbearer posted:

Playing OW after DE didn't make me miss DE, it made me miss Fallout: New Vegas.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

No harm, no foul!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Xander77 posted:

Also punching.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Zero VGS posted:

I just realized what game this reminds me of:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Knight:_Sins_of_the_Fathers

It's another point-and-click adventure where you're investigating a murder, and it's in New Orleans so there's a lot of French accents in the voice acting. Anyone else played it back in the day?

I don't see the resemblance, but yeah it's a great game. And the original has Tim Curry in it! :v:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Does anyone know how you can talk to Call Me Manana about his name? Apparently that's the key to unlocking a certain thought, but I have no idea what triggers the conversation option.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, I can't get the "Meeting the posse" track from the OST out of my head, it's such a good judgement theme.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 4, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Xander77 posted:

Does anyone know how you can talk to Call Me Manana about his name? Apparently that's the key to unlocking a certain thought, but I have no idea what triggers the conversation option.

I think after you've got passage into the dockyard he opens up more? If it's the certain thought Boiadeiro I had enough Inland Empire to entertain the fantasy but also enough Encyclopedia to shoot it down, and you do not need a lot of Encyclopedia to do that.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I just laughed out loud for a good 20 seconds at this exchange:

Volition: Everybody is compromised

Electro-chemistry: Bullshit, I'm not

Volition: Then what is under her silver suit?

Electro-chemistry: BEAUTY, TRUTH, SOFTNESS, SHE MUST BE PROTECTED.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Songbearer posted:

I had exactly this since I'd queued them up immediately afterwards - I'm just pushing out OW for a month or so and I suspect it'll be fine.

A lot of other good stuff to play in the $1 gamepass anyway

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fangz posted:

Yup.

I absolutely disagree that the Pale is entropy. The Pale is *hope*. Terrible and sacred hope.

Like the comparison the phasmid makes is made to the arrival of oxygen to the earth. The Pale is not merely the end, but the creation of a new world.

just quotin this to go

whoa

i actually literally sat back in my chair at this thought

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Glazius posted:

I think after you've got passage into the dockyard he opens up more? If it's the certain thought Boiadeiro I had enough Inland Empire to entertain the fantasy but also enough Encyclopedia to shoot it down, and you do not need a lot of Encyclopedia to do that.

Yeah correct, if you pass the Encyclopedia check there then you can't get it

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Looks good?

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

I was doing a second run through just to screw around, and when I passed that check, the game crashed for the first and only time. I figured it would be a game over, but straight up crashing the game also seemed appropriate.

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Cuno peeking out underneath is a stroke of genius.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

MEGA TO THE MAXIMUM! YEAH!!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's good! What are the mechanics of applying a gangtag to my avatar?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Hard core, I want.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

:getin:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Looks good.

Man, 1/5/5/1 is a blast to play, Volition and Electrochemistry is arguing with each other in every other dialogue.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Hardcore

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Hard

core

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just got my wedding video back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCJuWI_y8Q

This game terrifies me because I grew up poor. In my post military education I was training to be a teacher, but my wife pushed me to forgo that for a REAL job in finance. I split the difference and went into accounting. I'm good at it, but... She remains middle class and I fear nothing will ever be enough.

If Harry couldn't do it, then what hope is there for me?

Volition: Jk, gently caress that, never gonna let her go, never gonna give her up. I'll just work through it. Harder and harder.

Electro-Chemistry: every view, like, follow, and subscribe is a direct injection of sweet sweet serotonin into the brainstem.

Half-Life: KEEP POSTING THE LINK EVERYWHERE

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

INTERNALLY COHERENT

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Next step is the distribute the leather jackets and appropriate slogans.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

wiegieman posted:

They're the centrist neoliberals who are currently in power.

Centrist globalist neolibs... Even the ultralibs don't really like them, if Joyce is any indication.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

If I get this tag can I sleep on the bench?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I know when I start my second playthrough: What do my stats/Signature trait need to be to get the Actual Art Degree/Beatnick Cop.