Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

BigRed0427 posted:

So I know when I start my second playthrough: What do my stats/Signature trait need to be to get the Actual Art Degree/Beatnick Cop.

You don't need specific stats, you just need to talk about art and artistic stuff when you have options. Offer your perspective and critique.

Conceptualization and Perception may open some doors, though.

Edit: bringing it in for the next page

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Looks disco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Yes please.

Also, my second playthrough's going well:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BigRed0427 posted:

So I know when I start my second playthrough: What do my stats/Signature trait need to be to get the Actual Art Degree/Beatnick Cop.

Conceptualization will get more passive checks to pop up for those kinds of options. So high Int is good, high Mot would also help since Perception often lets you see more in the environment to interact with that could trigger those passive checks.

High Int/Mot is a bit of a tricky build though since a lot of the Thoughts particular to those archetypes tend to clash, there are a lot of Int benefitting Thoughts that lower Mot skills and vice versa. Actual Art Degree hampers your Hand/Eye Coordination for example.

It's not really that big of an issue since they also have a ton of thoughts that leave you awash in XP. You can easily make up the difference.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I recommend anyone do a playthrough with high physique and something else. Physique skills just love to give bad advice and quarrel with the other skills, it's hilarious.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Broken Cog posted:

I recommend anyone do a playthrough with high physique and something else. Physique skills just love to give bad advice and quarrel with the other skills, it's hilarious.

High Fys and Psy played as a well-meaning drug hoovering paranormal lunatic is one of the best playthroughs.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Palpek posted:

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

I'm opting in for this. Pretty comfortable with the best game I've played in 20 years being my gang tag.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

High Fys and Psy played as a well-meaning drug hoovering paranormal lunatic is one of the best playthroughs.

I'm really enjoying this 6 INT playthrough because all the skills, especially Encyclopedia, will never shut the gently caress up ever nor shall they ever actually contribute anything useful

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

can I get a 4th gang tag

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Palpek posted:

Hobocops represent. Opting in.

And yes, Phys-Fys is really good and fun. Electrochem trying to tell me I needed to be hammered for this and Volition breaking in with 'Not now, I will NOT let you gently caress him up this time' during the Tribunal ruled.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
First off: bought this game after lurking the thread. Game is GOTY hands down for me.

I need some help with figuring out the Make Van Eyck's Jam Harder Core task. I got the vision of the tree with the tape on it but I've been all up and down the target street and haven't found it. Am I missing something obvious?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Palpek posted:

This would be cool.

magic cactus posted:

First off: bought this game after lurking the thread. Game is GOTY hands down for me.

I need some help with figuring out the Make Van Eyck's Jam Harder Core task. I got the vision of the tree with the tape on it but I've been all up and down the target street and haven't found it. Am I missing something obvious?
There's a tree behind the driver who's selling stuff that I think doesn't get highlighted normally with Tab (or at least it didn't when I went there), that's where it is.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Palpek posted:

dehumanize and face to alcoholism

magic cactus posted:

it's the tree behind the guy who sells the sunglasses and poo poo, across the street from the pawn shop

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zerilan posted:

I have one psyche and it feels like every conversation starts with them disliking me and ends with them hating me even if I sometimes get info in the process.

A common theme for me seems to be "conversation starts with someone disliking me, especially if they met me before amnesia, but ends with them just feeling kind of bad for me, if not outright bonding with me."

Perhaps a hamster posted:

I've heard that if you find ways to pass the time until he leaves at around 21:00, you can steal his badge and exit the area that way. Haven't tried it myself though so don't know if it actually works.

As a side note, if you liked Umineko, check out House in Fata Morgana if you haven't yet - it's a VN comprised of several short stories with an overarching plot of a mystery of an ostensibly cursed house, and one of the few games that I felt managed to blur the "written well enough for a game" vs "well written, period" line. It's consistently strong throughout and sticks the landing. It's also very humane and psychological in how it approaches its characters, and is unafraid to tackle some themes you rarely see in games, not unlike Disco.

I've also read Fata Morgana, and while it's very good I actually think Umineko is better overall (though that's partly just because Umineko resonated particularly strongly with me; FM is still my second favorite VN).

I'd probably recommend FM to people before Umineko since I think it's more approachable and probably a better experience "out of the box," with better pacing/prose, etc (and is less likely to trigger an adverse "anime reaction" due to the sprite art*) but Umineko seems to have more depth to it overall and has a far more compelling cast. FM's cast, while good, mostly consists of characters who can still be summed up by one or two of their attributes, while you could probably write an essay about each of like 10+ of Umineko's characters. My Controversial Fata Morgana Opinion is that Jacopo is actually the most interesting character, even if he's a pretty bad person.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Palpek posted:

Woo, my first ever gang tag

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Palpek posted:

Slap it on me.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Palpek posted:

Want

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Palpek posted:

please replace my "dark psychic force" gangtag with this, thank you.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Palpek posted:

:yeah:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

can't wait for this game to hit the 20 dollar mark in a sale so I can buy it forward for a bunch of my friends like I did with Stardew

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Palpek posted:

Yes pls friend

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Palpek posted:

Hell yes :getin:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Palpek posted:

I want to sleep under the boat and dream of the pale

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

can't wait for this game to hit the 20 dollar mark in a sale so I can buy it forward for a bunch of my friends like I did with Stardew

An unrelated-ish side-note: Humble Monthly currently has My Time at Portia as one of the games you can unlock and it's probably the best Stardew-like out there that's not actually SV. I think I might have even enjoyed it a little more. Give it a go.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

I will gladly join my trash siblings.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Megazver posted:

An unrelated-ish side-note: Humble Monthly currently has My Time at Portia as one of the games you can unlock and it's probably the best Stardew-like out there that's not actually SV. I think I might have even enjoyed it a little more. Give it a go.

I've got it, just haven't gotten around to starting it, I may have to once I finish up Obra Dinn

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Palpek posted:

Beautiful

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Hogama posted:

This would be cool.

There's a tree behind the driver who's selling stuff that I think doesn't get highlighted normally with Tab (or at least it didn't when I went there), that's where it is.

Did the trick. Thanks!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Palpek posted:

Oh, I'll be a Hobocop.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Palpek posted:

Give me some Shivers, baby.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Palpek posted:

This pleases the great bloodletting

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Palpek posted:

I'm sorry to make you do this for me. so so sorry

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Palpek posted:

Could use Hobocops to complement my Jammy Bastards, thanks.

Ytlaya posted:

I've also read Fata Morgana, and while it's very good I actually think Umineko is better overall (though that's partly just because Umineko resonated particularly strongly with me; FM is still my second favorite VN).

I'd probably recommend FM to people before Umineko since I think it's more approachable and probably a better experience "out of the box," with better pacing/prose, etc (and is less likely to trigger an adverse "anime reaction" due to the sprite art*) but Umineko seems to have more depth to it overall and has a far more compelling cast. FM's cast, while good, mostly consists of characters who can still be summed up by one or two of their attributes, while you could probably write an essay about each of like 10+ of Umineko's characters. My Controversial Fata Morgana Opinion is that Jacopo is actually the most interesting character, even if he's a pretty bad person.
Fair enough. And I should probably get around to Umineko one of these days. Tried to start with Higurashi before for completion's sake and it really wasn't for me, so might just get straight to the point instead.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Palpek posted:

Amazing.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you (day 4+ spoiler) show up to the Tribunal without your gun?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Palpek posted:

looks awesome thanks

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

overeager overeater posted:

Amazing.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you (day 4+ spoiler) show up to the Tribunal without your gun?

And I just want a simple yes or no Is there a way to get the gun back without the Union's help?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Palpek posted:

Absolutely.

Though, for all that Hobocop opens some amazing options, does it actually do anything, or is it all just dreams of the hobo life until the cold mechanics of the tare machine send them crashing down?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

BigRed0427 posted:

And I just want a simple yes or no Is there a way to get the gun back without the Union's help?

no

you can get a different gun though

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Palpek posted:

hobo me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Palpek posted:

starting my second playthrough right now