Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DemoneeHo posted:

Where do you think the recipes came from?

They're made from the missing pokemon

Volcarona is probably spicy and delicious...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

I'm really torn between running a Rock/Steel/Fire "Blood and Iron" theme team and a reprisal of my mono-ghost team from Sun/Moon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RatHat posted:

What is your source for this?

Random person on Twitter. So, strong possibility it might be wrong.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

I do agree that the devs who chunked 60% of the roster for Pikachu but bigger and 100 different curry recipes thinking that Gen 5 had the most to offer definitely says something about that generation

Gen 5 has actual good bugs for the first time in the series, a flying SUPER ROBOT Pokemon, the angriest dragon, and Garbador, who is a perfect boy. The only way it could have been more perfect was if it was the generation Mareanie first appeared in.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Look I wish the leakers had been going through the code because I just wanna know what game I need to own to make friends with an apple peel dragon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

hopeandjoy posted:

Look I wish the leakers had been going through the code because I just wanna know what game I need to own to make friends with an apple peel dragon.

I really don't know why you would want that over apple pie dragon. Combine is with the teapot ghost and Alcremie and you got the perfect desert set up!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Flapple is quite possibly my new favorite pokemon and I just want it to be a split evo instead of a middle stage

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Why are all the delicious food pokemon in Britain?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I really don't know why you would want that over apple pie dragon. Combine is with the teapot ghost and Alcremie and you got the perfect desert set up!

It's because I'm still 5 and I want the fast and hard hitting one, not the slow and tanky one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah isn’t British cuisine inedible

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How many Pokémon are there now, accounting for all the leaks?

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

Dexit was the inevitable conclusion to the concept of "Pokemon as an eternal game" where a franchise adds a hundred new monsters every few years. Eventually, there comes a point where one must accept that you cannot play with the same team for 20+ years. 400 is a decent number for the scope of this game and I feel having a couple hundred more would make the game feel bloated trying to juggle a bunch of different pokemon, especially starters and legendaries. Will be interested in playing this, though no clue what version I should pick.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DemoneeHo posted:

Why are all the delicious food pokemon in Britain?

Because delicious food food doesn't exist there.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Thundersword238 posted:

Gen 5 has actual good bugs for the first time in the series, a flying SUPER ROBOT Pokemon, the angriest dragon, and Garbador, who is a perfect boy. The only way it could have been more perfect was if it was the generation Mareanie first appeared in.

If I recall, wasn’t Alder associated with Bugs? I know Volcarona was his signature, if nothing else. It also had the first Bug legendary Pokemon.

Gen V is a favorite of mine for a number of reasons, but being the first generation to take Bug types seriously is significant one itself.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TOMMY PROVOLONE posted:

Dexit was the inevitable conclusion to the concept of "Pokemon as an eternal game" where a franchise adds a hundred new monsters every few years. Eventually, there comes a point where one must accept that you cannot play with the same team for 20+ years. 400 is a decent number for the scope of this game and I feel having a couple hundred more would make the game feel bloated trying to juggle a bunch of different pokemon, especially starters and legendaries. Will be interested in playing this, though no clue what version I should pick.
Shield for ponies, Sword for things other than ponies.

I agree though. Mostly I'm just interested in seeing how the competitive scene will evolve.

People like to talk poo poo about Game Freak but I choose to believe they know what they're doing here in terms of developing the game balance and I want to see what ends up shining in a format where so many Legendaries and psuedos are removed from the pool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RatHat posted:

Oh thank god Ditto made it in

No Smeargle though, so there go a large chunk of breeding moves.

Geostomp posted:

If I recall, wasn’t Alder associated with Bugs? I know Volcarona was his signature, if nothing else. It also had the first Bug legendary Pokemon.

Gen V is a favorite of mine for a number of reasons, but being the first generation to take Bug types seriously is significant one itself.

Alder used primarily a Bug based team, which was loving awesome.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vandar posted:

honestly I figured Ditto and Smeargle and Pikachu were like, the three most lock pokemon, for that exact reason

sucks

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’m gonna miss Alolan Marowak. Ridiculously badass mon.

Best post in this thread.

Alolan Marowak was my all time fav. RIP

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i find it funny that like all the dumb as hell conspiracy theories about what gamefreak was going to do have been pretty thoroughly disproven. gen 1 being one of the lesser-represented gens being one of the chief bits of evidence.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's a main pokemon in the anime, Having the third most screen time of any pokemon.
wobbufet should've been removed from the dex so there could be an arc. feat Jessie and James smuggling him past Officer Jenny as a contraband pokemon

Vandar posted:

honestly that's probably WHY he got cut, to limit the egg moves available to certain mons

although lmao if you make your competitive pokemon in the first entry of a gen, rather than the inevitable second one with actual move tutors (because you know they'll hold off on move tutors until Pokemon Gun or Diamond/Pearl HD)

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 5, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
e: whoops, double post

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaziken386 posted:

although lmao if you make your competitive pokemon in the first entry of a gen, rather than the inevitable second one with actual move tutors (because you know they'll hold off on move tutors until Pokemon Gun or Diamond/Pearl HD)

People joke about a Pokemon Gun a lot, but really, if they're gonna do a third version for this generation, it has to be Pokemon Longbow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No no you got to combine two, so please look forward to Pokemon Charge Blade.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Pokémon Glaive

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is it just me or does anybody else have no goddamn idea what Eternatus is supposed to be? It looks like the final boss from Okami put in a blender.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I laughed when people were losing their minds over a couple garbage Pokemon being left out months ago but uhhhh I'm losing my mind, too, now :ohdear:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like they're thinking that by only including half of all pokemon each game, they can use "and your favorite is back in this one!" as a selling point

For me what it ultimately means is I won't even bother touching in-game competitive battling since I usually use a team of my faves for that, but I always use six new pokemon in-game so it won't affect my main experience

It's going to be really frustrating each new game announced trying to guess which arbitrary selection of pokemon will be playable.

Honestly I just wish if they were going to start slaughtering mons so hard, they'd at least take the time to make the remaining ones viable. Maybe it's too much to ask for nearly 1,000 pokemon to be balanced, but takig the final evo of each of the 400 should be somewhat balanceable.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Is it just me or does anybody else have no goddamn idea what Eternatus is supposed to be? It looks like the final boss from Okami put in a blender.

The last Ultra Beast

Chronojam posted:

I laughed when people were losing their minds over a couple garbage Pokemon being left out months ago but uhhhh I'm losing my mind, too, now :ohdear:

The dex culling affects us all, and happens to your bros too.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Chronojam posted:

First they came for the Palossand, and I said nothing, for I did not care for Palossand...

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Cloyster made the cut, that’s all that matters

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Look, I get it, Dunsparce and Cryogonal aren't exactly popular, and that's a small part of why I like them.

But this hurts...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

People like to talk poo poo about Game Freak but I choose to believe they know what they're doing here in terms of developing the game balance and I want to see what ends up shining in a format where so many Legendaries and psuedos are removed from the pool.

While this limited pool will necessarily shake up things competitively, is there or has there ever been any evidence or hint that gamefreak gives a single farting gently caress about competitive battlers? Seems like they've moved away from it recently.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Chronojam posted:

Staryu and Starmie are not garbage.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Scholtz posted:

Look, I get it, Dunsparce and Cryogonal aren't exactly popular, and that's a small part of why I like them.

But this hurts...
Dunsparce's on the reddit top 100 list, even if everyone forgot about its evolved form Jernflap

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ka0 posted:

Staryu and Starmie are not garbage.

I didn't think they'd take the good ones! Not the ones that have been top tier since gen 1! :negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'll never forget Jernflap after the hell I went through trying to breed one with the right gender and nature combo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
No Minior, No Wrassle Cat, No Yanmega, no Breloom or electivire, or Mega Lopunny or Mega Pinsir but loving Stantler got it.

Also Pelipper is in but no Politoed. Ninetales AND Torkoal are is so Sun has already won the weather war.

Aslo the UB's aren't even legendaries they're just aliens put them back in they're so loving cool.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Khanstant posted:

While this limited pool will necessarily shake up things competitively, is there or has there ever been any evidence or hint that gamefreak gives a single farting gently caress about competitive battlers? Seems like they've moved away from it recently.

Everything points to the returns of Sandstorm meta, just through what is left (Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Gygamaxed Drednaw)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No Minior, No Wrassle Cat, No Yanmega, no Breloom or electivire, or Mega Lopunny or Mega Pinsir but loving Stantler got it.

Also Pelipper is in but no Politoed. Ninetales AND Torkoal are is so Sun has already won the weather war.

Aslo the UB's aren't even legendaries they're just aliens put them back in they're so loving cool.

If you want to keep a deer Pokemon why not keep Deerling and Sawsbuck? Their designs are so much better.

qnqnx posted:

Everything points to the returns of Sandstorm meta, just through what is left (Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Gygamaxed Drednaw)

Ooooooh, I hate the sandstorm meta....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ultra Beasts were incredible, I really hope they revisit that. Or at least throw their hands up and call them pokemon, instead of the weird halfass pretending they aren't.