Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rent-A-Cop posted:

And get booed by a horse.
:sniff: "I'm just the best, most amazing president!"

:horse: "Nay"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Well then their generations are probably not defined by the population boom caused by WW2 soldiers returning home to the only untouched country?

well that one at least applies to australia as well so it's ok I guess.

Also I like to think of it as they had the front row seats to watch the whole thing go 'boom' over the last 60 years

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Leave it to goons to over complicate a dumb made up issue

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
god drat at this point they aren't even generational terms, "millennial" = leftist who want good things for people (and, in general "young people these days"), "boomer"=selfish old gently caress and in between are the politically helpless who grew up in the time when the Boomers had an iron fist control. After that it's more of a class divide. not every line is super hard and clear, just accept it and move on

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I recently learned that there is a giant marshmallow man who does music and the youths love him. Instead of thinking "Well, if it works for him, great" I thought "what kind of loving idiot does that? I bet kids like that poo poo."

And that is when I officially became an old person.
I became an old person when I was at a dinner party where everyone else was discussing the side effects of their medication.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
"Chud" does not appear to correlate to an age group.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

not every line is super hard and clear, just accept it and move on

ok boomer

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Is it time for another reminder that generational warfare and arbitrary definitions is how the elite keep people arguing and fighting to avoid people focusing on the real enemies of all generations, the wealthy.

Don't make me tap the sign.
coming up with increasingly granular divisions to explain why i have more in common with someone born in 1983 than someone born in 2003

I felt lost until I joined the discord for jolt cola-ennials

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Fallom posted:

Boomer somehow got adjusted to like 1950-1980

Triggered. Quit triggering me.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Join us for boomer chat.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886674

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Remember a world without computers: Gen X
Remember a world without the internet: Gen Y
Remember a world without smart phones: Gen Z
Born in the Millennium: Millennial
Born in a world where smartphones fundamentally changed the mechanics of life: Gen A

You know that you have a weird and solipsistic understanding of what “millennial” means right? In the common parlance, no one born in the new millennium is a millennial.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Y'all are lucky as hell. Gen-X got the full brunt of Boomer gaslighting and it hosed us up bad.

Have you SEEN the 90s? Neon colors, heroin and meth. loving hell.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

SpeakSlow posted:

Y'all are lucky as hell. Gen-X got the full brunt of Boomer gaslighting and it hosed us up bad.

The 80s were worse. Full 60s nostalgia decade, including the genesis of "classic rock" as a concept.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SimonMoyaSmith/status/1191507038926295041?s=19

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

*Quiet whisper*
what the fuuuuuuuuuck

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Just like notorious trump hero Andrew Jackson woulda done.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Just like notorious trump hero Andrew Jackson woulda done.

I find it interesting that Donald Trump, noted learner of things and history nerd, successfully identified Andrew Jackson as the non-Buchanan president he looks up to, because they're terrible in similar ways (except Jackson was more competent and Trump would not have handled the nullification crisis as well)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Once again I had to check to see if that was an Onion article

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Cross-post from the local politics thread, because it’s easy to forget in an off year that it’s Election Day:

Ogmius815 posted:

Good luck to residents of New Jersey, Louisiana, Kentucky, Virginia, and Mississippi, who have important elections scheduled for tomorrow. Also, you fellows should do something about your weird off-year election cycles.

Moreover, your municipality may have local elections tomorrow even outside those states. Don’t forget to vote.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1191413250786770944

Cool, Rudy's going to start admitting to crimes on his instagram account

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

SpeakSlow posted:

At least you guys and the Zoomers own it. Millenials are the most kicked-dog generation. Boomers killed our futures, turned our generation name into the ultimate pejorative, and most of us believed it (see all the "I'm not really a millenial" memes on facebook for people born in the late 80s/early 90s). I mean, have you ever hear anyone say "I'm a millenial" with an absence of shame, let alone pride? We're pathetic, either still indoctrinated with a self-hating boomer mindset in a world where we have no chance to succeed, or begging the Zoomers to save us.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1191398056056557568

loving LMAO

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Can I just say that zoomer is a dumb as hell name for a generational cohort and I cannot take any post seriously that uses that term unironically

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
this article + whole loving thread has my blood boiling holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1191568152020185088

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Oh but I thought that’s what we’ve been doing all this time! You guys said!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Blind Pineapple posted:

At least you guys and the Zoomers own it. Millenials are the most kicked-dog generation. Boomers killed our futures, turned our generation name into the ultimate pejorative, and most of us believed it (see all the "I'm not really a millenial" memes on facebook for people born in the late 80s/early 90s). I mean, have you ever hear anyone say "I'm a millenial" with an absence of shame, let alone pride? We're pathetic, either still indoctrinated with a self-hating boomer mindset in a world where we have no chance to succeed, or begging the Zoomers to save us.

I'm a millennial, gently caress the scum who mock us. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Strange Poon posted:

this article + whole loving thread has my blood boiling holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1191568152020185088

what the goddamn gently caress

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The article itself has even more gems,

The Water Boy posted:

The senator argues that the primary purpose of capitalism is to provide for human dignity.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

A willingness to go even this far is such a big cloud of blood in the water that it's amazing.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

"cure would ails"

Right-wing shitheads are apparently taking their cues from Trump and not bothering to proof moronic views they post at all anymore, instead just sharting them out there as quickly as possible.

Why do simple lovely typos that should have been caught by even the most cursory effort and care piss me off almost as much as the actual reprehensible views expressed? It's like they can't even be asked to be assholes in an effective coherent manner, and it breaks my brain all out of proportion.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

You know that you have a weird and solipsistic understanding of what “millennial” means right? In the common parlance, no one born in the new millennium is a millennial.

Common parlance is dumb and deserves to be challenged.

This explains my position on the matter:

Generation Names

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
So I'm a water dog.

Trump is a fire dog. Critical weakness: Junk food. Checks out.

Bernie is a metal snake. Very auspicious.

Hillary is a fire pig. I am sure you could make some sexist hay out of that one.

Warren is an earth ox. Very lucky.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1191525585660592128

Shut up and JAM!
Sep 3, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

So I'm a water dog.

Hillary is a fire pig. I am sure you could make some sexist hay out of that one.

What an amazing post that reeks with sub-surface racism.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Shut up and JAM! posted:

What an amazing post that reeks with sub-surface racism.

Why would you say it is racist? Astrology is at least as valid as "millennial" vs "boomer".

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Hey, really interesting thoughts from everyone on the the generations terminology. Wait, no actually, I'm getting word its NOT interesting. Not al all. Ok.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shbobdb posted:

So I'm a water dog.

what the gently caress is any of this nonsense

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Really the courts have been too kind to us plebs the last few centuries. Give us hell Minch.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Bottom Liner posted:

what the gently caress is any of this nonsense

Chinese zodiac man. You get an animal and an element based on what year you were born. You can go a lot deeper if you want to, it's astrology so there is a lot of stuff. If we're going to deep dive into where "Gen X" ends and "Millennial" begins with a "Xennial" bridge why not just use astrology? It all has the same accuracy. Possibly more! I laughed when I saw that fire dogs need to be careful not to over eat junk food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

In this thread we only obey the laws of phrenology :colbert: