Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Good ole' King Dave is also very good, with his Harp of Healing.

Robin Hood is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I have no idea why Kiyolancer has a bonus in this event but her and a friend's Tamalancer were enough to turn the cq into a complete joke. Considering that she also got a bonus in both summer events I'd say that's the best yolo ticket I ever rolled.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Osakabehime is net-friends with Tamamo and Kiyohime so she rigged the event so her friends got power boosts.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Gilg posted:

After I finish farming in the event, I'm going to start on Camelot. I've heard it's a big step up in difficulty, any advice?

All of the 3* archers are your best friends.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

CasGil from ticket. My choice for the SR ticket was not optimal, after all.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Crasical posted:

Osakabehime is net-friends with Tamamo and Kiyohime so she rigged the event so her friends got power boosts.

You can even see figures of Tamamo, Kiyohime, and Tamacat in her room!

Amazing how a one-off joke in Extra has held strong all this time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Stupid mistake: accidentally doing a 10 roll instead of a single ticket on the Babylonia banner. I needed that quartz for Ereshkigal.

Silver lining 1: no banner 5*, so Ereshkigal wouldn't have come home on these quartz anyways.
Silver lining 2: best Gorgon, Lily version, came home.

Challenge quest down, it wasn't too hard (Cu and Herakles for the clutch). What was the gimmick meant to be? That defense buff was nowhere big enough to stop any lancer from punishing Crime Grandpa and the adds were at worst annoying.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Babylonia Master missions are now completed. Now let's go back to the event farming.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Omobono posted:

Challenge quest down, it wasn't too hard (Cu and Herakles for the clutch). What was the gimmick meant to be? That defense buff was nowhere big enough to stop any lancer from punishing Crime Grandpa and the adds were at worst annoying.

it's just a balancing act. you have to kill moriarty fast enough that the elis don't wear you down (and moriarty's short bar + self-charge are no slouches either). the faster you kill him the harder he is to kill, and the more dangerous the elis get. those def buffs are 50% each so something like breaking two of his bars within 3 turns has him fully ignoring any unbuffed damage.

but there are an excessive number of hard counters to the fight, and it's still possible to play right on the line of waiting out the defense buffs without the elis being able to wipe you.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Thanks for the Camelot tips. Separately, I threw some quartz at the Ozymandias and Quetzalcoatl banners and grabbed Quetzalcoatl, my first SSR!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Congrats! She's great, so hope you enjoy using her!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gilg posted:

Thanks for the Camelot tips. Separately, I threw some quartz at the Ozymandias and Quetzalcoatl banners and grabbed Quetzalcoatl, my first SSR!

Embrace your inner Luchador

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
November 3rd is Jinako Carigiri's birthday. Please join me in giving appreciation to this lovely NEET girl.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Whoever at Type-Moon went to bat for making a Jinako servant deserves a loving medal.

And by "whoever" I mean "Wada"

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
More likely it was Nasu since he probably wrote that story chapter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kay Kessler posted:

Whoever at Type-Moon went to bat for making a Jinako servant deserves a loving medal.

And by "whoever" I mean "Wada"

The story singularity was all about Indian bros, which means Karna.

Aoi Yuuki is forever linked with Karna.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Some of these Halloween missions are tedious as hell and I still have 14 left to finish. :smithicide:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Don't worry, I believe in your determination. :kiddo:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Trying to find a single claw drop in the wild for the Babylonia mission has taken me more effort than any of the farming or missions from the event. Doesn't help that I'm out of interludes or ranks up that would have dropped one.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The left ear node also drop claw.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you, you're a lifesaver! I usually ignore the mixed nodes so it didn't even occur to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm only as far as London so I'm not sure if I can even reliably do that mission

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Squiddycat posted:

I'm only as far as London so I'm not sure if I can even reliably do that mission

A friend Cu Alter or Jeanne Alter could probably carry you through it if you've leveled up your support Servants enough (Hans, Mash, Shakespeare et al).

Maybe bring Leonidas or George to seal the deal by taunting to keep the heat off.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

So it turns out NP3 TamaLancer backed by double Merlin makes the challenge quest a complete loving joke. Whodathunk.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

serefin99 posted:

[...] double Merlin [....] a complete loving joke.

It's not a hard quest. If you're gonna use double merlin I bet you could bring old-man Hektor and clear it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

his NP ignores defense so absolutely yes

also has that stun/drain that could actually be useful for once

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just threw all my lancers at him until Grandpa stopped moving. Easy stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Do you know what Lancer's NP ignores defense and is very mean to use against the enemy?

That's right! Elisabeth!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Do you know what Lancer's NP ignores defense and is very mean to use against the enemy?

That's right! Elisabeth!

BOEEEEEEEEEEEEH

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

did you know that holmes counters moriarty's gimmick entirely

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Pretty much done with the Halloween event, just some currency farming left to do to get the last of the stuff from the shop. Everyone is right about Tama Lancer clowning on Coffin Archer in the challenge quest, nothing like ball smashing 300k NPs to ruin an old villain's day.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Aurora posted:

did you know that holmes counters moriarty's gimmick entirely

See also the entirety of Sir Doyle's canon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

See also the entirety of Sir Doyle's canon.

So obviously we need an Arsene Lupin to complete the triangle. He'll beat Holmes but lose to Moriarty.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Done with the NA shop, almost done with the JP shop. Very relaxing farming this time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'd kind of like to Professor Challenger, the other Doyle protagonist, in FGO at some point.

He could attack with dinosaurs or something.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Between the class monuments and the other materials, what should i focus buying in the na event shop? Im still relatively new, i started in the 7 million user celebration, and am only in okeanos story wise.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

materials > exp/fous > monuments and pieces/prisms/etc

would be the general priority order for most event shops.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Monuments are generally easy to acquire. You basically want all of the other upgrade materials, the rare CE’s (aerial drive is really strong) and Mecha-Liz copies. Only after you have everything else you want should you get cubes and QP.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also, gold fous are a super high priority because you just don't get a lot of them and they're your big 'I really love this character' resource.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sa is being weird about posting huh...

anyway i meant to add that within the general outline of mats>exp>etc you will also want to look at your specific servants and any short/long-term goals you have as they relate to that stuff. like, mats for a servant you're actively trying to raise obviously have a higher priority than others, or you may find that pieces/monuments will help you finish ascending an important servant quicker, which can make them worth prioritizing.