Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
matt said it when they did one of the earlier episodes specifically about epstein about how he now understands the duality of being a conspiracy theorist and still be a functioning member of society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Epstein stuff is fascinating because nobody ever questioned how this guy got all this money when his story made no sense (there weren't many billionaires when he started his hedge fund to start with). The vast majority of conspiracy theories - even widely believed ones - are utter horseshit and people just trying to made sense of chaos by putting it in some ordered system but nothing about Epstein's life makes sense except as a pimp for rich pedos.

it really is amazing how every element of his life, before you even reach the child rape ring connected to near every hall of power in the western world, is so overtly odd.

Like, he just had all that money, even other weird finance scumbags with shady money were all 'I'm not sure how Jeff got money tbh' and we just went 'yea, normal'.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

While I feel like the majority of QAnon people are just bored comfortable people into conspiracy poo poo because it makes themselves more interesting, I feel like that's a weird take considering about a few months after the Pizzagate poo poo started, someone loving raided Comet Ping Pong with a gun to check for the pedophile tunnels underneath and another person tried to burn the place down after that.

In general, I just find the Epstein poo poo pointless. Great, we've established the obvious that rich people had him bumped off so he couldn't snitch. Now, what is to be done with the other connections, these people who may have been the people who had him killed or aided him in his pedophile ring? Are we submitting these people connected to the Epstein ring to, I dunno, Bernie or some other leftist authority to deal with when he wins? Are we going to be doing a citizen's arrest or some wacky poo poo on Kevin Spacey? No, apparently the goal is talking endlessly about and speculating about how deep this goes, yet again falling into the trap of endlessly painting a picture of the depravity of the rich, becoming depressed by this portrait, and then doing absolutely nothing about it.

So youre saying we should:
-do something
-ignore it
-?

if you just want to tell anyone who thinks its interesting theyre dumb for caring then you do you, but maybe stop posting like youre so enlightened or whatever if you dont have a better take than that

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Shame we never got a follow-up on this:
https://twitter.com/TheWarNerd/status/1150228124455641093

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the real shame is the war nerd being the one podcast i can't find a pirate feed for

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

share ur piracy feeds

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

T-man posted:

share ur piracy feeds

That’s praxis.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

I said it before, but Dolan would probably go nuts with Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Unnamed One posted:

I said it before, but Dolan would probably go nuts with Legend of the Galactic Heroes

or Saga of Tanya the Evil

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Gripweed posted:

or Saga of Tanya the Evil

or Crayon Shin-Chan

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Percelus posted:

i agree that billionaire child sex traffickers are just a distraction and trying to provide a smokescreen for the real criminals, people that listen to cum town

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Percelus posted:

the real shame is the war nerd being the one podcast i can't find a pirate feed for

yeah it went offline around june-ish i think

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i see posts but i don't see pirate feeds comrades

post a piracy to prove you're not a podcast cop

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/AlexJayBrady/status/1191411621043810304

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Normally I'd advocate piracy but Dr. Dolan is a man who almost died after locking himself in an Italian bathroom. He frequently gets diseases I've only heard described in 19th century novels.

Please contribute to his life support fund so that the holy ride may continue.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Unnamed One posted:

This would absolutely be his poo poo especially since he has a spot for sci fi.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Chapo Trap House posted:

We discuss Neon Genesis Evangelion through the lens of Liz Warren's Big Structural Bailey. Fan Favorite David J. Roth returns to discuss the life and death of Deadspin.com, and what it tells us about American private equity. We also speculate what sporting events Donald Trump might & might not get boo'd at.

is this what kicked off all the Eva discussion because I only just got the ep.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
how does Felix know who Boyd Rice is.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Felix was tweeting about it also

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Epstein talk is good radicalization material.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Big structural Bailey is a very unnerving chant for some reason.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

uber_stoat posted:

Boyd Rice was the alt-right, like, 30 years ahead of his time. It's not too surprising that Felix knows about an extremely tryhard edgelord.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Paladin posted:

Normally I'd advocate piracy but Dr. Dolan is a man who almost died after locking himself in an Italian bathroom. He frequently gets diseases I've only heard described in 19th century novels.

Please contribute to his life support fund so that the holy ride may continue.

buboes

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

uber_stoat posted:

Boyd Rice was the alt-right, like, 30 years ahead of his time. It's not too surprising that Felix knows about an extremely tryhard edgelord.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

"Boyd Blake Rice (born December 16, 1956) is an American experimental sound/noise musician using the name of NON since the mid-1970s, archivist, actor, photographer, author, member of the Partridge Family Temple religious group, co-founder of the UNPOP art movement and current staff writer for Modern Drunkard magazine.[1]"

I remember really enjoying some articles from Modern Drunkard.

"A.D. 732 Ferocious winehead Charles Martel defeats the Moors at the Battle of Tours, rescuing Europe from the horrors of sobriety."

I love the phrase "ferocious winehead".

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lots of people ITT who haven't googled "radio war nerd rss feed"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

prefect posted:

"Boyd Blake Rice (born December 16, 1956) is an American experimental sound/noise musician using the name of NON since the mid-1970s, archivist, actor, photographer, author, member of the Partridge Family Temple religious group, co-founder of the UNPOP art movement and current staff writer for Modern Drunkard magazine.[1]"
If you were a 90s kid obsessed with all things edgy, you probably saw this photo at some point.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
edit:dp

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Imagine being rich enough to do anything in the world, and deciding to continue having an office job that helps no one who isn’t already super rich.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Christmas posted:

Imagine doing anything in the world.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1191724714047217665

This Epstein stuff is boring

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/means_tv/status/1191752861018972161?s=19

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Im hype

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
Felix explaining NGE is loving gold

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

"Heartbreaking: the worst person you know just had a great point" in full effect with this one

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
a little bit disappointed they ended the episode with a cruel angel's thesis instead of komm susser todd, but i guess felix hasn't seen end of evangelion yet so

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Shipon posted:

a little bit disappointed they ended the episode with a cruel angel's thesis instead of komm susser todd,

I don't need to be reminded of the Hillary campaign again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SEELE is the DNC