Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

What's the Labour stance on Trident? Corbyn still against it, but the party still in favour?

Broadly yes as far as I know, trident has a lot of union backing because it creates a lot of jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

Labour: We'll sort out brexit, end austerity, improve schools

Boris: Corbyn's a oval office

Rees-Mogg: lmao plebs 2 ashes

Swinson: i'm a big girl and the meany boys are mean and also they should kill more people in nuclear fire

You've convinced me. I'm off to join the Conservative Party. :swoon:

And :catte: seeing as I haven't used it yet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
she'll probably get a job at some private water company or other after losing her seat so hopefully corbyn also makes her lose that job

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I see our friend the 502 Bad Gateway error is back.
Posts going through though.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

lmao get wrecked idiot

TERRIFYING!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CGI Stardust posted:

If you only have one solid policy at most, which is Remain (or Leave), how much can you say, exactly? There's a limit to how many times you can repeat a single talking point

Watch me sing "jeremy corbyn is a big poo poo" while modulating my voice through an entire change of church bells.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

OwlFancier posted:

Genuinely amazed how badly everyone else is campaigning. Surely, surely someone would have figured out how to do at some point this decade.

It's the only way Corbyn can win, because he's so terrible. It's very kind of the Lib Dems and Tories to follow in Theresa May's footsteps :)

On the other hand it might be complacency after years of playing on easy mode, to the extent that they've forgotten or never realised this was the case :D

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

TERRIFYING!!

She then understood the horror that Margaret Hodge felt when she got that letter about her conduct which made her understand the horror that her father felt in 1939 as a Jewish man in Germany.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Miftan posted:

TERRIFYING!!

"I cannot understate my horror" at not being given £22,000 for loving up her career this badly.

Stronger words than she's had for pretty much anything her entire career. Pure grifter getting caught out on their own grift.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

She then understood the horror that Margaret Hodge felt when she got that letter about her conduct which made her understand the horror that her father felt in 1939 as a Jewish man in Germany.

Didn't he move to Cairo in 1930 or something like that?

Separate:

Surely Angela Smith needn't worry, as she knows, Britain is crying out for solid, centrist, politicians, so she's bound to be re-elected ..... ahem.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

The subject of the debate is actually on the powers conferred by not masturbating.

Dummy Cummy is caught masturbating behind the podium while the good doctor is speaking.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

BBC election debate between Tim Walker, Dominic Cummings, and that anti-masturbation doctor on twitter.

The moderator can be the "Friendship over with/new best friend is" guy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Broadly yes as far as I know, trident has a lot of union backing because it creates a lot of jobs.
I wonder what the overall fiscal multiplier of the national equivalent of open carrying twin AR15s in Walmart in case there's a terror attack is.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

OwlFancier posted:

lmao no it doesn't, like what, fuckin 400 people or so?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Mogg getting in trouble for an almost correct opinion, "Ignore apparatus of the sate."

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder what the overall fiscal multiplier of the national equivalent of open carrying twin AR15s in Walmart in case there's a terror attack is.

You'll get my fistal mutliplier if you don't support are nukes you remoaner sissy

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

When I saw this at first and then second glance I saw little balaclava covered head doing a tongue sticky outie and now even though I know the truth I want :inthera: to be a thing

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Coohoolin posted:

It's about 15,000, across the entirety of the Trident programme.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

MoD stats say 520 civilian jobs and strictly working on Trident missiles and nothing else, 6,500 supporting Trident and the four submarines, of which 3,500 of those are uniformed Royal Navy, 1,700 are contractors, and 1,600 are other civilian employees.

Scotland spends ~£163 million a year on it, and the annual spend generated by the base in the local area comes to just over £270 million per year, including spending in the local economy. So it looks like it has a multiplier of about ~1.65 when considering only Scotland, not great, not terrible.

I'm not sure how much the UK government pays into that though.

DesperateDan posted:

When I saw this at first and then second glance I saw little balaclava covered head doing a tongue sticky outie and now even though I know the truth I want :inthera: to be a thing
Catte, she's in the 'ra.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's about 15,000, across the entirety of the Trident programme.

Probably bollocks.

But lol that every other seaside town has been left to rot and been ignored for decades but this one seaside town with Nuclear weapons is the one we're all concerned about job losses in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol of course

https://twitter.com/benatipsosmori/status/1191721373384794112

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A seaside town with nuclear weapons has a pretty big bargaining chip.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I've never been to Faslane, is it pretty?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lmao he's only gone and done it the absolute coward.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A guy on my train has just said three times that [inaudible] people are just naturally more clever than [inaudible] people. Driving me mad that I can’t make it out.

The less clever ones are apparently “sultry” and “good at massage”!

Edit: ooh he’s just said “think what muscles you use and what you don’t, trudging through the jungle”. I don’t think we’re going to be friends.

Sanford fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 5, 2019

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Probably bollocks.

But lol that every other seaside town has been left to rot and been ignored for decades but this one seaside town with Nuclear weapons is the one we're all concerned about job losses in.

In fairness, the one seaside town that actually has government investment probably wants to hold on to it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WRAP

IT

UP

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1191723043883753474

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
going for the pork pie export vote, is it? we know how the USA loves them Melton Mowbrays

ed: fake news! we're keeping all the pies to ourselves!

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 5, 2019

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

It really does look like the Lib Dems have hosed it.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Congratulations Mr Umuna

Coohoolin posted:

I've never been to Faslane, is it pretty?

I’ve been there a couple of times, it’s fairly innocuous tbh if you ignore the armed guys on the gates and the massive fuckoff fence

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Archaeology Hat posted:

Comrade O'Brien go on the podcast

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Comrade O'Brien go on the podcast

I'm sure order will be restored to its natural bad for Jeremy Corbyn state soon.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Is that a threat, James?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Archaeology Hat posted:

Yeah thank god. Swinson has been awful out the gate and it's why I'm down for her to be in the debates, she's never said a single canny thing

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think if Clegg never had "I agree with Nick" but at the same time absolutely believed he had, you'd have Swinson.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Congratulations Mr Umuna

Thank you. :smug:

But which of the things I have done today are you rightly congratulating me for? Writing the greatest manifesto in history? Remembering where I work? Putting my pants on correctly?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1191724714047217665

Wow

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Braggart posted:

But which of the things I have done today are you rightly congratulating me for? Writing the greatest manifesto in history? Remembering where I work? Putting my pants on correctly?
That's a sweater, you're exposing yourself through the neck hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

A seaside town with nuclear weapons has a pretty big bargaining chip.

Our words are backed by nuclear weapons, Mr Prime Minister.

You must renovate our pier.