Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I don't even care about wrestling and I was on board the Incineroar train from the moment I knew about it pretty much.

The little post-treat fistpumps in Pokémon Refresh are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Owliver Queen actually represents something native to Hawaii and is a hilarious edgelord in Pokken. Unfortunately, it was betrayed by its own first stage being so ridiculously cute and marketable that it will never be allowed to evolve.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the impidimp evo and gigamax looks like the bayonetta hair demons

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

autumnal oddium posted:

the impidimp evo and gigamax looks like the bayonetta hair demons
The gigantamax is literally the Kingdom Hearts tutorial boss design wise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Calico Heart posted:

After thinking this was the best batch of startes we'd had in ages, I can confidently say I hate all of the final evo's. IMO the worst and cringiest pokemon are the ones that become more human-looking as they evolve and that's basically all of the final stages.

I'm going to throw these lovely pokemone in the bin as soon as the game will let me. Grookey is hurt the least but they're all pretty gross.

Anyone who worries about 'cringe' or uses that as a word unironically has a brain of oatmeal.

Plain oatmeal not even blueberry or cinnamon.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone who worries about 'cringe' or uses that as a word unironically has a brain of oatmeal.

Ok boomer

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I was thinking we were going to get 200+ in this game, if it is 400 that is fantastic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I haven’t kept with the competitive / battling scene but has anyone looked at the various tier lists and seen how Dexit shakes things up?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It’s going to suck that all these gigantomax mons have to be caught in raids, meaning that if you pick up your pal unevolved in the wild like most people do, it won’t have a special gimmick.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wait, wait, wait

The starters don't get Gigantimax forms?

All six Gen 6 starters got Megas + the Kanto trio
All three Gen 7 starters got exclusive Z-Moves

This is odd and kinda disappointing.

Edit: Wait, the Kalos starters didn't get megas. I'm an idiot.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I play Pokemon to hang around with wacky and fun animals not weird looking sonic OC’s sorry I upset you

E: incineroar I actually like because he basically still looks like a big silly exaggerated cartoon, just bipedal. The lizard and rabbit by contrast I find way less charming and just look like hideous people-animal fusions

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 5, 2019

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
An animal who walks on two legs is still an animal, oatmeal brain.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
lol that the fire type (most shonen of all types) gym leader has a samurai helmet for his gym badge. I do appreciate the lore that these are people who could be around the age of the kids who started playing Pokémon way back in 96/98.

Can't wait for next Friday goddamn

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m excited for max raid battles I want to see how the wild area really works with friends. Some co-op elements should be fun.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gygas coming from raids being annoying will depend on what determines the raid mons, since
they seem to just be in the wild area you will prob be able to start doing them early.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I kept myself in the dark about the new games but could no longer do it this morning. I'm super hyped to get Sword now! I'm a bit disappointed Gogoat didn't make the cut but I'm sure I'll manage without my goat friend.

Does the game have an open world or is it still a fairly linear experience? I kinda think I remember hearing the gyms could be completed in any order but that could also have been unfounded speculation.

The next week and a half are going to craaaaawl.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Wait, wait, wait

The starters don't get Gigantimax forms?

All six Gen 6 starters got Megas + the Kanto trio
All three Gen 7 starters got exclusive Z-Moves

This is odd and kinda disappointing.

Edit: Wait, the Kalos starters didn't get megas. I'm an idiot.
the kalos starters didn't get megas

Greninja gets that ash form thing, the other two get bupkis

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Linear, though there’s a large-ish open world area which might have higher level monsters appear.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Don't know if anyone still needs codes for the current shiny sun/moon giveaways, but just in case:

A8996M6FGZK4EQRR

A8996LZ6XJKHNJRZ

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Don't know if anyone still needs codes for the current shiny sun/moon giveaways, but just in case:

A8996M6FGZK4EQRR

A8996LZ6XJKHNJRZ

I need them! Thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Here are the gyms that are exclusive to different versions:

Sword gets:
Bea (karate gal): Fighting
Gordie (Melony's son): Rock

Sheild gets:
Allister (mask kid): Ghost
Melony (Gordie's hot mom): Ice

drat Sword definitely lost this time.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

I play Pokemon to hang around with wacky and fun animals not weird looking sonic OC’s sorry I upset you

E: incineroar I actually like because he basically still looks like a big silly exaggerated cartoon, just bipedal. The lizard and rabbit by contrast I find way less charming and just look like hideous people-animal fusions

I'm not going to defend Cinderace because lets be real that's a shonen protagonist wearing bunny skin. But Intelleon is blatantly based on a basilisk and those things got big hands and run upright on water so I don't know what you want here exactly. That's just what the lizard looks like.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RXqSBCHVWEk/Ub2CieiebDI/AAAAAAAAYB4/P4ogg0Rn9HQ/s1600/Plumed+Basilisk+2.jpg

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 5, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

Holy poo poo we can actually see it's upper body and arms in there! It's kinda glorious to realize what rule 34 artists are going to make a bosom is literally just fluffy pigtails.

Please don't loving do this. It's not funny in any way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Calico Heart posted:

The lizard is thinner than a pink panther cartoon lmao. They're all cartoony as hell

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please don't loving do this. It's not funny in any way.

.....I never said I was going to?? I was making an observation my guy calm down.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://lpix.org/3575872/1572950516588.png

Here's the Town Map, doesn't seem like there's any postgame areas, but the leaker wasn't specific as to what's in each area.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Here's the fossils' dex entries

Dracozolt: The powerful muscles in its tail generate its electricity. Compared to its lower body, its upper half is entirely too small.

Arctozolt: This Pokemon lived on prehistoric seashores and was able to preserve food with the ice on itsbody. It went extinct because it moved so slowly.

Dracovish: Its mighty legs are capable of running at speeds exceeding 40 mph, but this Pokemon can't breathe unless it's underwater.

Arctovish: The skin on its face is impervious to attack, but breathing difficulties made this Pokemon go extinct anyway.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

https://lpix.org/3575872/1572950516588.png

Here's the Town Map, doesn't seem like there's any postgame areas, but the leaker wasn't specific as to what's in each area.

I count about four gyms in there, not sure where the rest are at....

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dracozolt: The powerful muscles in its tail generate its electricity. Compared to its lower body, its upper half is entirely too small.

Arctozolt: This Pokemon lived on prehistoric seashores and was able to preserve food with the ice on itsbody. It went extinct because it moved so slowly.

Dracovish: Its mighty legs are capable of running at speeds exceeding 40 mph, but this Pokemon can't breathe unless it's underwater.

Arctovish: The skin on its face is impervious to attack, but breathing difficulties made this Pokemon go extinct anyway.

:stonk:

These are hilariously cruel and I know it's jab at the early sloppy recreations of dinosaurs fossils but holy poo poo this seems unethical especially the fish.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 5, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

.....I never said I was going to?? I was making an observation my guy calm down.

It's still hyper weird, my bro

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just theory crafting about online people drawing pokemon titties. Ha ha, you thought I was thinking about them myself? Maybe it is you who is the weirdo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh God

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's still hyper weird, my bro

Apparently my judgment is worst loving thing in the universe.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Let’s all ironically share which Pokémon are fuckable. Just as a joke. Haha. Imagine thinking Swalot is sexy!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Water Lizard is something I might warm up to if I see it in motion. It still looks like a Pokemon, just not what a starter ends up looking like. Compare to the fire one which everyone's said already. The Grass one is already evocative enough on its own so seeing it in motion would just be a bonus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Let’s all ironically share which Pokémon are fuckable. Just as a joke. Haha. Imagine thinking Swalot is sexy!!

Please don’t fuckle the Shuckle

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De8DbV2waak&t=108s

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I want to gently caress missingno

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

someone's definitely thought that bevore

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
The galar fossils went extinct because they're not fuckable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody better gently caress no pokemon, not even the weird humanoid rabbit with torn fishnet leggings that some sex pervert put into a game for children