Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Palpek posted:

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

Hell yeah hit me with that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

cock hero flux posted:

you have to do it by day 3 but I'm pretty sure you can just go back to him and tell him you hosed it up and it'll move on to the next stage

you can't get your gun back without doing Evrart's second job, but there's alternatives. One alternative involves letting someone shoot themselves in the head so you can take their gun off of their corpse. Not ideal, I know. The other alternative requires you to have befriended a magical necktie. As far as I know these are the only options for mitigating things.

Is there a way to do the latter if you still did the former?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

Is there a way to do the latter if you still did the former?

Pretty sure you can get both a gun and the petrol bomb, but having both is not any more beneficial than just having one

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Palpek posted:

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

:yeah:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Does talking to the "Scab Leader" about his past or showing him the picture of the tattoo's help down the line, or does it only compound and make things worse? My intuitions keep telling me it's making things worse but his mask is slipping and I don't know if it's doing anything.

Follow-up; is there any way to tell him "your little loving bitch brother died and he deserved it"?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

you can tell him that his commander was good and had beautiful baby blue eyes before you lob a molotov cocktail to him

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Tribunal skill check spoilers: all the dialog options and skill checks with Korty affect your skill check to attack him. I think they don't affect anything else - the dodges or the Kim skill check. I think that's the only roll that outright affects the causalities too. Basically playing him right in dialog throws him off his game enough for you to take a shot (or gloriously sacrifice your horrible necktie friend.)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Palpek posted:

Hah. I'll go full Disco Elysium. Thanks!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How do I actually use/apply the gangtag?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

chaosapiant posted:

How do I actually use/apply the gangtag?

it was in you all along

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

kidkissinger posted:

it was in you all along

Oh poo poo that's awesome! And I can remain a Diamond Frog! Yay for space and yay for Cuno!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Digital Osmosis posted:

Tribunal skill check spoilers: all the dialog options and skill checks with Korty affect your skill check to attack him. I think they don't affect anything else - the dodges or the Kim skill check. I think that's the only roll that outright affects the causalities too. Basically playing him right in dialog throws him off his game enough for you to take a shot (or gloriously sacrifice your horrible necktie friend.)

Okay. So does that mean the confrontation happens at a set time? I did the Ruby stuff LATE and when I got back the execution was already taking place and I don't think I coulda have snuck past them to make the cocktail. Maybe the "flag" for the event is meeting Ruby and then it happens at a set time on that night?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I have general question on how the skills work. There are some things that are a little opaque mechanics wise. The skills you have the most points in, are those skills, specifically, the ones that will pipe up constantly? I noticed in my previous playthrough that my highest skills like Inland Empire and Empathy were constantly chiming in, and now it's EC that constantly has "great ideas". And I don't remember seeing EC's great ideas in the last playthrough. Some of them, but not this many.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Okay. So does that mean the confrontation happens at a set time? I did the Ruby stuff LATE and when I got back the execution was already taking place and I don't think I coulda have snuck past them to make the cocktail. Maybe the "flag" for the event is meeting Ruby and then it happens at a set time on that night?
It's scripted to always happen as soon as you get back from Ruby.

chaosapiant posted:

I have general question on how the skills work. There are some things that are a little opaque mechanics wise. The skills you have the most points in, are those skills, specifically, the ones that will pipe up constantly?
Yes. Skills piping up means you passed their passive checks (the roll for passives is always set at a skill level + 6), so the higher the skill, the more often it will pipe up. Some skills/items also affect your interactables, like if your Perception's too low, you don't even notice (and thus, can't interact with) the broken window in the starting room.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 5, 2019

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I have a thought that says I get 10 XP from passive Conceptualisation checks and as far as I know it's never, ever happened. Have 7 Conc.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

In that case, how do I make the molotov? I have the necktie and the spirits and my Inland Empire is fairly high

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So apparently you can call Harry’s ex not just have a dream with her, how/when does that happen.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Palpek posted:

If its not too late I want in on this. Dual-classed art cop hobocop is the path of my life.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Yes. Skills piping up means you passed their passive checks (the roll for passives is always set at a skill level + 6), so the higher the skill, the more often it will pipe up. Some skills/items also affect your interactables, like if your Perception's too low, you don't even notice (and thus, can't interact with) the broken window in the starting room.

That's awesome! So, sometimes I get some passive checks that I fail. But if my skills in those passives were any lower, then I'd likely not even see the roll, correct?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

E: forums mucking around, reposted downthread.

Beefeater1980 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 6, 2019

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It just occurred to me that Measurehead's particular hatred of the Maun is probably a reference to HP Lovecraft's hatred of the Dutch. Especially since his whole deal is "scientific" racism, what with the phrenology tattoos and yammering on about haplogroups.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

Avalerion posted:

So apparently you can call Harry’s ex not just have a dream with her, how/when does that happen.

Just keep dialing random numbers on the payphone down the coast. I never got the dream after doing this, I have no idea if this is related?.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I did that and stopped, but you can do it a lot and it gets weird

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

I have a thought that says I get 10 XP from passive Conceptualisation checks and as far as I know it's never, ever happened. Have 7 Conc.

In that case, how do I make the molotov? I have the necktie and the spirits and my Inland Empire is fairly high
Is your game fully patched? Art Cop thought benefits were bugged, but are working for me now with latest patches.

Not 100% sure re. spoilered question as I haven't done that in my playthrough but, have you checked if those items are interactable via inventory screen?

chaosapiant posted:

That's awesome! So, sometimes I get some passive checks that I fail. But if my skills in those passives were any lower, then I'd likely not even see the roll, correct?

No, I think a few are just scripted to show up even if failures. Dunno exactly why, but I suspect for more important ones it's to give you a hint that you might wanna put more points into that on your next playthrough, and for others it's just for comedy value, like if they give you a completely wrong advice instead.

Avalerion posted:

Use the phone on the boardwalk. IIRC there's an Interfacing check, and you might also need to do a few prank calls beforehand from the same location.

ETA:

willing to settle posted:

Just keep dialing random numbers on the payphone down the coast. I never got the dream after doing this, I have no idea if this is related?.
I got both. For the dream you have to take a nap at the Deserter's bunker on the island.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Avalerion posted:

Fish market payphone, keep dialling.

Palpek posted:

:toot:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Molotov: the horrific necktie and super alcohol are not interactable and once the tribunal is going on you can't sneak around them to get back to the hotel and make the cocktail :/

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

willing to settle posted:

The dream is for sleeping in the bunker on the island which seemed dumb/inecesary so my char didn’t do it. :(

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Calico Heart posted:

Molotov: the horrific necktie and super alcohol are not interactable and once the tribunal is going on you can't sneak around them to get back to the hotel and make the cocktail :/

You need to be wearing the Horrific Necktie right after dealing with Ruby while having the alcohol. The tie will pipe up and tell you the portents say now.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The entire game is about doing unnecessary poo poo. Start doing more unnecessary poo poo in this game and you'll see more cool poo poo.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
As much as I love DE I can't be a Hobocop. I'll patiently wait for the 41th Precicnt one.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

The entire game is about doing unnecessary poo poo. Start doing more unnecessary poo poo in this game and you'll see more cool poo poo.

But Kim might disapprove. :ohdear:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Kim is more chill than you'd think, as long as you're not being an rear end to nice people.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Avalerion posted:

But Kim might disapprove. :ohdear:

You can be surprisingly wacky and still be bros with Kim. My latest run was basically smartass Inland Empire Shiversman after being a boring cop first and we're still good. ACES HIGH :respek:

e: I guess it changed a little since I didn't get the option to hit him with ACES LOW after ACES HIGH in my crazier play though like I did with my :geno: one, but it still worked out overall.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 5, 2019

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kim's main concerns are not being a dick, not being a racist, and getting the case done. He might sigh a bit but he doesn't really get annoyed with an unprofessional or weird cop.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Kim is actually way more into your wackiness than he lets on too. I had a combo of skills that would frequently point out that Kim liked this idea, or was inwardly approving of some concept or w/e

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Night10194 posted:

Kim's main concerns are not being a dick, not being a racist, and getting the case done. He might sigh a bit but he doesn't really get annoyed with an unprofessional or weird cop.

The only time he gets pissed is if you fail to make him dance

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Palpek posted:

Please.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Kim clearly is working through his own trauma from his police career he just channeled it differently than Harry.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Palpek posted:

tag me daddy

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kim, the 24h rental shop is making me sad :(

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrinkingBird
Sep 26, 2017

Palpek posted:

I want to Scrooge McDuck in my hoard of tare. Please and thank you.