Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I maintain the use of mishtoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mirage posted:

I used the word "mishtoon" in chat recently and nobody in the Goonsquad channel at the time had apparently heard it before.

Young kids today I tell ya.

shut the gently caress up boomer

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it only took six years of the game being down for the word to finally lose its currency

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Mirage posted:

I used the word "mishtoon" in chat recently and nobody in the Goonsquad channel at the time had apparently heard it before.

Young kids today I tell ya.

Ok boomer

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Been seeing some new players the past week or so, just FYI your ingame name defaults to your first character name. Just change it with Menu > Chat Handle or \ x.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
God I forgot about this game. As soon as I can think of a witty character name I'll definitely jump in.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Thumbtacks posted:

God I forgot about this game. As soon as I can think of a witty character name I'll definitely jump in.

Thumbtax, the man with the $42,000 spine

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Thumbtacks posted:

You can have up to 1,000 alts.
You'll need to come up with more than 1 witty name.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i just saw "Waterfelon" earlier in the thread and I know I can't live up to that

i posted in the discord so now i will wait while i brainstorm hero names

seems like goons are mainly on homecoming?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 5, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't actually remember what was up with the revamped Atlas Park, but it looks like it's retextured for the season on Homecoming.

(not pictured but also in the parks: a landscaper truck with a bunch of pine trees and a winter currency NPC hangin' out)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

i just saw "Waterfelon" earlier in the thread and I know I can't live up to that

i posted in the discord so now i will wait while i brainstorm hero names

seems like goons are mainly on homecoming?

yeah homecoming is the only servers that have people on them basically. the most goons are on indomitable out of the 5 homecoming servers afaik.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

You gotta start early with this stuff, I guess.

I remember when 'Raised by lesbian hellions' was a meme. Now we've got whole packs of gay skulls roaming the streets

Crasical fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 6, 2019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Glazius posted:

I don't actually remember what was up with the revamped Atlas Park, but it looks like it's retextured for the season on Homecoming.

(not pictured but also in the parks: a landscaper truck with a bunch of pine trees and a winter currency NPC hangin' out)

There's a version of atlas park that has the old textures and layout, if you feel that part of the nostalgia is missing. I think the portal is behind the building in ouroboros.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Crasical posted:

I remember when 'Raised by lesbian hellions' was a meme. Now we've got whole packs of gay skulls roaming the streets
It was a what now.

Maybe I got in way late so I might've missed it popping up, but what?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dinictus posted:

It was a what now.

It was in someone's bio that became a meme.
Same with "Kill Skuls" which became a badge.

To this day I will still sometimes quote "THIS GAME HAS GONE TO THE AMERICANS"

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dinictus posted:

It was a what now.

Around '09 or '10 or so, someone made an Architect mission entitled "Monstrous Regiment of Lesbian Hellions". It was funny and not at all homophobic, but of course some moron complained and it got taken down.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

From the mists of time.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
It is everything I had hoped it to be :allears:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

the only thing i dislike about indom is almost no one has a bio

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

I AM THE MOON posted:

the only thing i dislike about indom is almost no one has a bio
It's one of a number of reasons why I mostly play on Everlasting.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Any excuse to post Connorman.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

One of my all time favorites

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

yeah, i moved to everlasting and you get bios on bios on bios.

i haven't seen any that are really wild yet but most folks have one.

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
I am very creative.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
I also suck at MS Paint.
Edit: Oh hey, a typo in the bio. I could fix it, but :effort:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doon fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 8, 2019

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

God those classic bios take me back

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Doon posted:

I also suck at MS Paint.

don't even use MS paint, just use Snipping Tool and grab what you want and save it. it's much faster/easier. snipping tool is your best friend.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of these kind of special bios on any of the homecoming servers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tsurupettan posted:

don't even use MS paint, just use Snipping Tool and grab what you want and save it. it's much faster/easier. snipping tool is your best friend.

Or is you use paint, lasso what you want and hit Crop.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of these kind of special bios on any of the homecoming servers.

apparently they're more common on Everlasting and it's making me think about switching

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

apparently they're more common on Everlasting and it's making me think about switching

i have an alt on Everlasting and its fuckin great. playing a relatively normal weirdo in a sea of FALLEN ANGELS and DARK GODS who are all ALSO FURRIES or OCCASIONALLY VERY DEDICATED PRAETORIAN CLOCKWORK ROLEPLAYERS WHO ONLY SPEAK IN PRAETORIAN CLOCKWORK is definitely an experience.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
For a good long while playing on Everlasting I was just reflexively taking screenshots every time I saw a character had a bio, regardless of it's content. My screenshot folder has over 600 images in it. I sometimes feel like if I went and sorted through them I could find some really amazing gems, but I also don't think that my sanity would come out intact.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Judgement posted:

For a good long while playing on Everlasting I was just reflexively taking screenshots every time I saw a character had a bio, regardless of it's content. My screenshot folder has over 600 images in it. I sometimes feel like if I went and sorted through them I could find some really amazing gems, but I also don't think that my sanity would come out intact.

my favorite thing ive seen is The Supremist, a super hero frankensteined out of the best parts of different races to create the "ultimate supremist human"

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

some other weird pubbie poo poo i pasted into discord at some point:

eve 4 did NOTHING WRONG an it is not ok the other eves bully her

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

the homecoming discord costume channel is a good source for only the highest quality characters

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I AM THE MOON posted:

i have an alt on Everlasting and its fuckin great. playing a relatively normal weirdo in a sea of FALLEN ANGELS and DARK GODS who are all ALSO FURRIES or OCCASIONALLY VERY DEDICATED PRAETORIAN CLOCKWORK ROLEPLAYERS WHO ONLY SPEAK IN PRAETORIAN CLOCKWORK is definitely an experience.

Not gonna lie, Praetorian Clockwork is one of the RP characters I have kicking around. Mostly just because the name RKNJL was free. But otherwise I'm happy with Q.Pid, grizzled Praetorian police officer who chafed at his superiors and pants and now wears red-and-pink powered armor with a skirt.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dareon posted:

Not gonna lie, Praetorian Clockwork is one of the RP characters I have kicking around. Mostly just because the name RKNJL was free. But otherwise I'm happy with Q.Pid, grizzled Praetorian police officer who chafed at his superiors and pants and now wears red-and-pink powered armor with a skirt.

you better learn the language then

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have a character on Everlasting named The Tourist who runs around asking people to pose for him. I really need to log him back in.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That is beautiful, Deadmeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
here's an indom bio for ya!

it's one of mine