Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Not a fan of the Infinity kickstarter not letting you pledge for the small boxes, but I completely understand that it would probably be a huge pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JazzFlight posted:

Don't forget to get in on this amazing game before the campaign ends:
Virtue Signal: The Game of Social Justice

Hoo boy.
is it okay to hope a funded kickstarter is actually just a scam and they're gonna run off with the money

because that would be the best outcome here imo, bunch of chuds get parted from their money and the game never gets made

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lord_daeloth posted:

I'm not even close to being able to plop down that much money for the game, but I do appreciate the fact that the Asian hero didn't get defaulted to the "ninja-stealth-assassin" role.
Yeah, YuJing are bad at sneaky, they like big power armour

Ropes4u posted:

I kind of want this, what are the odds its a decent game?
it be good

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Captain Invictus posted:

is it okay to hope a funded kickstarter is actually just a scam and they're gonna run off with the money

because that would be the best outcome here imo, bunch of chuds get parted from their money and the game never gets made

yes, I permit you to hope this with all your heart

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Unfortunately you can look at the creator's facebook and learn that they are, in fact, a shithead conspiracy theorist who claims that their game is making fun of extremist views and is not trying to be an alt-right game.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

GrandpaPants posted:

Man, spirit Island digital looks like it's not going to hit its stretch goals, and possibly not even the regular goals. That's sort of disappointing.

They went to IndieGoGo for all the right reasons and I think they're going to get screwed because of it. Really a bummer. The campaign itself also feels weirdly low energy. Especially given how well they did on their previous two apps.

drat.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Memnaelar posted:

They went to IndieGoGo for all the right reasons and I think they're going to get screwed because of it. Really a bummer. The campaign itself also feels weirdly low energy. Especially given how well they did on their previous two apps.

drat.

Maybe they'll relaunch on KS?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

GrandpaPants posted:

Maybe they'll relaunch on KS?

It's kind of gross to say but... I hope so?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So whatever happened with the unionization efforts?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

It would have been fine on KS, indiegogo isnt even close as a marketing platform.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Atlas Hugged posted:

So whatever happened with the unionization efforts?

Still ongoing, to my knowledge no major changes since the last announcements.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i saw some people rt'ing this yesterday

https://twitter.com/ksr_united/status/1189656841376141312?s=20

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Unions take a v long time to Do Stuff, and the process can often be obstructed from onlookers for very good reasons. Still stand with them, still demanding KS recognize them.

Sidenote: Disposable Heroes slacker-backer thing is ready. We're doing it via Itch (because Itch.iowns) and it's limited to the overflow we anticipate from printing. Maybe if we sell out these we'll knock the printing run up a notch, we'll see, I'm not holding my breath. I know Itch is an unorthodox place to run a late backer/pre-order campaign, but I really love the platform and I wanna see it thrive, and this is basically the best way I can do that as a creator.

https://sandypuggames.itch.io/disposable-heroes-preorder-edition

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Really glad Disposable Heroes made it. :)

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

One of my friends from college just launched a kickstarter for his first solo-designed game, Honey Buzz: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brentdickman/honey-buzz-the-worker-bee-placement-game

I unfortunately haven’t played it, so I can’t provide any first hand reviews, but it’s been fun seeing the games progress through his Facebook posts over the last few years. He also got a fantastic artist for the game, Anne Heidsieck, who’s done illustration for Meeple War, Carcassonne Safari, Romny’s Treasure, and a few cards from When I Dream.

Vidmaster fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 5, 2019

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Was a little more excited when I thought it was called Homey Buzz.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

CitizenKeen posted:

Was a little more excited when I thought it was called Homey Buzz.

Whoops! Maybe that will be one of the stretch goals...

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Fria Ligan is kick-starting Vaesen- A Nordic Horror Role-playing Game. They make good poo poo.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Fria Ligan is kick-starting Vaesen- A Nordic Horror Role-playing Game. They make good poo poo.

And the layout and prepress stuff is being done by one of the guys who worked on Mork Borg, which is looking pretty great.

I'm sure Vaesen will have less gratuitous font usage, though.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
An old friend is launching a KS for a gothic horror RPG called "The Curse of the House of Rookwood":

"You play a cursed family with skeletons in their closets and dark magic in their veins. It's mix of family drama and supernatural adventure, and uses an original rules system based on d6s."

Link to KS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not a current kickstarter(but rather started from one of the older ones in like 2011 or 2012 iirc), but Dreamforge Games is halting production of all plastic kits and liquidating the warehouse stock as they shift to a resin model instead. The discounts are fairly insane and you can get the Leviathan mech kits for 25 bucks each, originally $115-125, and additional arm weapons for 5-7 bucks. Pretty much everything is 80-85% off right now, and it's first-come-first-served. The model quality is extremely high, definitely grab a handful. All the regular infantry kits are long gone, but there's still some normal ones left, like the support and heavy weapon team kits. Dreadnought-scale Leviathan Crusaders are 13 bucks, fer crissake. They're all worth picking up to at least tinker with, the kits are pretty drat intricate.

https://dreamforge-games.com/collections/all

It's a shame to see his business fail and have to return to resin kits, but I do hope he continues making great minis like before.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
God drat, I'd love to grab their WW2 infantry boxes, but australian shipping is absurd.

Ouch

Cassa fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 6, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Captain Invictus posted:

not a current kickstarter(but rather started from one of the older ones in like 2011 or 2012 iirc), but Dreamforge Games is halting production of all plastic kits and liquidating the warehouse stock as they shift to a resin model instead. The discounts are fairly insane and you can get the Leviathan mech kits for 25 bucks each, originally $115-125, and additional arm weapons for 5-7 bucks. Pretty much everything is 80-85% off right now, and it's first-come-first-served. The model quality is extremely high, definitely grab a handful. All the regular infantry kits are long gone, but there's still some normal ones left, like the support and heavy weapon team kits. Dreadnought-scale Leviathan Crusaders are 13 bucks, fer crissake. They're all worth picking up to at least tinker with, the kits are pretty drat intricate.

https://dreamforge-games.com/collections/all

It's a shame to see his business fail and have to return to resin kits, but I do hope he continues making great minis like before.

That's a drat shame, his stuff is really cool, just kinda lacked a good game to attach it to.

Probably a good thing to go to resin, though, most of the other custom model shops use it because it's cheaper to do small runs with than hard plastics.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, but the sharp detailing on the infantry I'm not sure you can capture with resin the same way. We'll see I suppose.

Also, he mentioned that there's less than 10 of the Mortis Leviathans left, so grab one of those now before they're gone if you're interested.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
A dice maker i've been following just put this up, if anyone wants to get in on the first day bonus dice.

They seem very shiny.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What is with sets of dice with only 1 D6? Are there games that only throw 1 D6 at a time? This is basically the main reason why I'm not pledging because they are, in fact, quite pretty dice.

Alternatively, if there is a good site for good, pretty dice, I would like to know.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 6, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ceebees posted:

A dice maker i've been following just put this up, if anyone wants to get in on the first day bonus dice.

They seem very shiny.

Those look pretty and all but jeeze, $48 for just 1 set, $840 for all of them if they unlock all 20 types + the exclusive set you only get at $840

That's some hella expensive stuff, what the heck

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Yeah, it's pretty nuts. Nothing caught my fancy at gencon so I'm picking up a set for myself here to splurge, but i'm not going to pretend it isn't extravagant.

Although i think the exclusive set is at $420, ten boxes not twenty. Still too rich for my blood.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ceebees posted:

They seem very shiny.
Those are gorgeous but also way, way out of my price range for dice.

I mean, that's almost double what I paid for a gorgeous set of pre-inked Gamescience with the full Zocchi 12-dice spread.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Yeah I just realized the bulk discount is, uh, pretty low. Each additional set saving an additional $1 per set doesn't really trigger that urge to add additional sets.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

there is already over 50 people paying $840 for dice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ceebees posted:

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. Nothing caught my fancy at gencon so I'm picking up a set for myself here to splurge, but i'm not going to pretend it isn't extravagant.

Although i think the exclusive set is at $420, ten boxes not twenty. Still too rich for my blood.

$840 is for the full bonus set, pledging for only 10 to 19 sets just gets you a bonus d20 in that bonus theme.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Those are insanely overpriced. Just absolutely insanely overpriced. But I salute the dude for making Artisanal Gamer Dice. Seems obvious in retrospect.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
"Those dice aren't for rolling, Gary! Put them back in their display case where they belong!" - Me if I backed this.

I have turned losing game pieces into an art form but fair play to people who want only the shiniest dice in the land.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Those are insanely overpriced. Just absolutely insanely overpriced. But I salute the dude for making Artisanal Gamer Dice. Seems obvious in retrospect.

They are literally hand-made, rather than mass produced. $50 for hand poured, polished, and painted seems pretty reasonable to me

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Gotta say that most of those look like what my table calls Ninja Dice. IE, ones that you can't really read the numbers on without picking them up and looking closely. Low contrast, multiple colors, etc. Very pretty as art pieces but not very practical even discarding their price.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

jivjov posted:

They are literally hand-made, rather than mass produced. $50 for hand poured, polished, and painted seems pretty reasonable to me

I mean, doesn't hand made with dice mean they are more likely to have a flaw and be biased?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

GrandpaPants posted:

What is with sets of dice with only 1 D6? Are there games that only throw 1 D6 at a time? This is basically the main reason why I'm not pledging because they are, in fact, quite pretty dice.

Alternatively, if there is a good site for good, pretty dice, I would like to know.

Most dice sets only come with one of each, except for an extra percentile d10. Blame D&D for the standard, I guess?

Those dice are cool but for that price I'd at least expect all the numbers to be readable, and a lot of them aren't against the pattern of the die

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

jivjov posted:

Right I'm saying he's doing it the inefficient hand-done way for the supposed 'quality', which is part of the Artisanal process.

BTW I am 100% respectful of this dude and those are nice-rear end dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, but the sharp detailing on the infantry I'm not sure you can capture with resin the same way. We'll see I suppose.

Also, he mentioned that there's less than 10 of the Mortis Leviathans left, so grab one of those now before they're gone if you're interested.

I wish you'd posted this in the Steals and Deals thread, I've been wanting that Mortis forever but it's been just outside my reach. And now it's gone forever.

Still, got a bunch of 28mm Soviets and a Crusader. :toot: