Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The head of the IRA, Brad Pitt.

e: seems I'm confusing Harrison Ford v. the IRA movies here, Hollywood was at sea in trying to find a villain in the wake of the Soviet Union's collapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

White supremacy is just a lie to justify structures that uphold white supremacy?

White supremacy is a lie to support capital, who doesn't actually feel any kinship to the white poors they grind up either.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
shot:

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1191601711669891072

chaser:

https://twitter.com/CallumRFlynn/status/1191619599579656192

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DEBATE ME (for 11 hours)
lol

https://twitter.com/awallenstein/status/1191765435449921536

Ahaha we're hosed forever

zoux has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Nov 5, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Does Brazil even have a history of blackface? Is this even offensive in Brazil? I'd be interested to hear what the black soccer players in that town think about this but I don't speak Portuguese so I can't look for news articles.

You misread Brianza for Brazil like I did the first time, but this is in Italy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

chitoryu12 posted:

Remember when Gerardo Rivera got so into decrying #metoo that he possibly outed himself as a rapist?

Aw man, I can't believe The Witcher is cancelled.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

So I did! Yeah this poo poo's offensive even if the kids didn't mean it that way. Where are the parents here?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CallumRFlynn/status/1191741718116343810

This guy's a galactic dipshit

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

The head of the IRA, Brad Pitt.

e: seems I'm confusing Harrison Ford v. the IRA movies here, Hollywood was at sea in trying to find a villain in the wake of the Soviet Union's collapse

Clear & Present Danger was pretty good though and not entirely implausible (IRA terrorists targeting a minor nobleman and getting angry when an American interrupts it).

Although looking it up there were 2(!) IRA terrorist movies that year. Blown Away was IRA but with bombs instead of machine guns.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The worst part is there's always some dipshits who see that and go "well gee I just I just don't know why is she being so unreasonable :goonsay:"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe youtube was better when THEALGORITHM and market tastes were for shorter videos.

(it wasn't and lol at galaxy beans not knowing how to properly form an essay or work)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Krispy Wafer posted:

Clear & Present Danger was pretty good though and not entirely implausible (IRA terrorists targeting a minor nobleman and getting angry when an American interrupts it).

Although looking it up there were 2(!) IRA terrorist movies that year. Blown Away was IRA but with bombs instead of machine guns.

You may be thinking of Patriot Games; I think C&PD was the one where Tuco goes to the Cocaine Jungle?

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Nov 5, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I watched her joker video and I'm not gonna watch the response but if it's like most times people respond to Jenny Nicholson the bullet points are:
-she is wrong
-sjw
-who let this feeeeemale have opinions about star wars and spandex men

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://mobile.twitter.com/CallumRFlynn/status/1191744671606853633

Looks like you've got some growing up to do!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/CallumRFlynn/status/1191685837718732801

Guess we gotta make a loving miniseries to tell a girl why she's wrong about a comic book movie.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

The IRA had it rough. Their only major success was that time they had Thatchers drink spiked with Alzheimer's.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if he just made an editing pass and cut out all the ums, ahs, and ehrs it would be like 1.5 hours i bet

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/CallumRFlynn/status/1191685837718732801

Guess we gotta make a loving miniseries to tell a girl why she's wrong about a comic book movie.

He's got under a hundred subscribers and only one video with over a thousand views, and he's expecting Jenny "Multiple millions of total views" Nicholson to take the equivalent of half a working day to listen to an 11-hour chat stream (of which only 5 hours relates to her content) in order to "engage civilly"

Also he's nineteen lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Holy poo poo Jenny's comments are full of what should be parody guys telling her that she can't complain unless she watches the whole video. And that actually it's cool and normal to regularly watch 11-hour streams. And it's fine, they only talked about her video for about 5 hours. Which is normal. And they were just "critiquing" her lighting and makeup, they weren't insulting her appearance. Can't she take critiques? Is there a specific word for getting pissed at someone, not for what they're saying, but because they think they're being special clever little geniuses and that no one can tell what they're doing.

Holy gently caress. Just, gently caress.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

I love the representation of the IRA in US TV shows. I can't remember which one it was just they had an IRA villian who was some international super spy who bust out of a North Korean blacksite for international criminals, it was incredible. It might be Burn Notice where the female lead if a member of the IRA?

It was Burn Notice. The IRA is like the mob to Americans/American media. They can be bad guys, or they can be scrappy vigilantes depending on what you need them to be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Eschenique posted:

The IRA had it rough. Their only major success was that time they had Thatchers drink spiked with Alzheimer's.

The Telegraph just published an op-ed complaining about how much taxpayer money goes to Northern Ireland. It's gonna be hilarious if Brexit leads to Irish unification .

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ha, found the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36YdEZT6Vg

It's a nearly 12 hour rambling conversation between three right-wing losers (two of whom have furry-adjacent avatars) on a stream. I can't imagine the level of entitlement you would need to have to assume that you're so important that people are obligated to give listening to that a "fair shot."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I watched her joker video and I'm not gonna watch the response but if it's like most times people respond to Jenny Nicholson the bullet points are:
-she is wrong
-sjw
-who let this feeeeemale have opinions about star wars and spandex men

she's mentioned in a couple of her videos that she's had problems with stuff like creeps following her around in real life because why a girl do a star war :mad:

personally i think her most entertaining videos are the ones on Real Witch Spells and Terrible Disney Boondoggles and such, which presumably wouldn't attract anywhere near as many garbage men, but she has that Endgame video where she kind of breaks down and talks about how making a living as a youtuber sucks because you have to have hot takes on whatever's the latest manchild blockbuster because that's how you get the views, even if you don't really care about that stuff and just want to make videos reviewing halloween spiders, and it makes me sad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Intergalactic dipshittery is a phrase you've inspired me to coin. Thank you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Why does length matter I scream as everyone around me laughs and calls me 'micropeen'.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Skwirl posted:

The Telegraph just published an op-ed complaining about how much taxpayer money goes to Northern Ireland. It's gonna be hilarious if Brexit leads to Irish unification .

What's the English gonna do? scuttle the royal navy's 2 remaining ships in the North Channel in protest?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1191725599171186691

Was Julius Caesar an early victim of Cancel Culture?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Caesar's famous last words "So much for the tolerant left"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I try to think about what happens in my day over the course of eleven hours, and imagine sitting in front of a screen for that time.

Alternately, waiting with excitement for the moment I can get alone and watch another couple hours of some weirdo's single video in hopes of getting through it that week

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Han Dipshit over there actually recommends that you leave it on in the background while doing other things.

You know, something you do when you want to pay attention to a video.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I don't think I've had eleven hours of movie opinions in my entire life.

Do you think they started to think this was kinda weird around hour nine?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Han Dipshit over there actually recommends that you leave it on in the background while doing other things.

You know, something you do when you want to pay attention to a video.

He also unironically suggests watching it in multiple parts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s eleven hours but it only felt like 9 and a half

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zakharov posted:

Because of loving course.

https://twitter.com/paroriksi/status/1191772976594739200?s=20

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zakharov posted:

I haven't watched it but people who have are saying that less than half (at best) is actually talking about Jenny Nicholson and it includes bullshit about her appearance that she'd have to sift through to get to any meaningful rebuttals. They're basically demanding that she spend her entire day hunting for their needle in a haystack and that she's obligated by politeness and professional courtesy to do so for them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sagebrush posted:

she's mentioned in a couple of her videos that she's had problems with stuff like creeps following her around in real life because why a girl do a star war :mad:

personally i think her most entertaining videos are the ones on Real Witch Spells and Terrible Disney Boondoggles and such, which presumably wouldn't attract anywhere near as many garbage men, but she has that Endgame video where she kind of breaks down and talks about how making a living as a youtuber sucks because you have to have hot takes on whatever's the latest manchild blockbuster because that's how you get the views, even if you don't really care about that stuff and just want to make videos reviewing halloween spiders, and it makes me sad.

I like the Disney world videos bc all my alcoholic cynic irl friends/all goons will laugh at me for liking Disney world

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Looking forward to the directors cut.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Those guys spent more time thinking about The Last Jedi than anyone employed by Disney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

I haven't watched it but people who have are saying that less than half (at best) is actually talking about Jenny Nicholson and it includes bullshit about her appearance that she'd have to sift through to get to any meaningful rebuttals. They're basically demanding that she spend her entire day hunting for their needle in a haystack and that she's obligated by politeness and professional courtesy to do so for them.

Goddamn sea lions