Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Went back to the Asylum on a friend's advice for some ring and an optional enemy which I figured was our old pal who rescued us turned hollow. That fight was fine and then I fell through the floor and another Asylum demon kicked my rear end. Figured out his pattern and how to beat him after a couple of deaths but it took quite a few more to beat him. Ithink my weapons were a bit weak as I went and checked his HP on the wiki and with my strongest weapon hitting two handed with R2 attacks I had to hit him 52 times. So it took a while and I died in two hits each try. Lots of souls though :mrgw:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finally went back into the depths and found the bonfire super fast. Spotted the place I saved the pyromancer from the starting area and hopped down there and the corridor with tonnes of leeches I left by last time had it at the other end and I'd never noticed. Found the boss too.. and beat him first try. Felt like a god lol. Such a cool loving design.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Dang thats crazy!! That boss under the tutorial area is one of the hardest bosses for me in the whole game. Im pretty sure they figure youll save it for later cause you get the ultimate upgrade material for beating him,. Well fought

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time I found that one I Noped the gently caress Out when I saw it's health bar. Nice job persevering

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

The first time I found that one I Noped the gently caress Out when I saw it's health bar. Nice job persevering

Dark Spirit Bob Has Invaded Your World

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you for the kind words pals! 🙏

In Blight Town currently and it's quite tricky. Got to the first Bonfire and not far beyond that lol, so glad these dart fellas don't get to come back to life. They suck so much. Spent ages trying to find one of them up high just after the first bonfire and decided gently caress this and to see if I could shoot him with a bow and arrow and I could thankfully. Then I was able to work my way through the area and figured out how to get to him if I'd done it right. Died a few times to an ogre fella in there. First time aggroed him with a regular enemy, second time got caught between a ramp and the wall and then slipped trhough a crack in the ground. Not a bad area without the dart lads it seems, starting to get my bearings. Also found a spell behind a giant tick in this huge well area and saw a huge mist gate down there :mrgw:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Stay strong gamer... They usually reward you w something rly nice after the gross/dark areas. Level after blighttown is my fav.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ty ty, I have heard this is a real nasty place so I had been messing around doing other stuff in game but it's not bad as expected. Will be glad to shot of it.

Still most hype about the pygmy, really hope that pays off. No better hype for me than "and the furtive Pygmy so easily forgotten". I didn't forget.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

ty ty, I have heard this is a real nasty place so I had been messing around doing other stuff in game but it's not bad as expected. Will be glad to shot of it.

Still most hype about the pygmy, really hope that pays off. No better hype for me than "and the furtive Pygmy so easily forgotten". I didn't forget.

You may have to delve into some Lore to figure out who the furtive pygmy is, but it's very good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

You may have to delve into some Lore to figure out who the furtive pygmy is, but it's very good

he's my freind and my son and I respect him

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blighttown is really rough the first time but it's not too hard to navigate once you get the hang of things.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I always liked the upper portions of Blighttown and I think people who skip it are lame.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Blighttown was when the scale of Dark Souls really hit me. It's easy to get turned around and it just keeps going in all directions.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Doing a new play through with a thief so I can rely on executing parties and critical hits, while having the dang Master Key.

Defeating the Stray Demon right after activating the elevator in the undead parish is great, my money real good right now.

Congrats on getting the Stray on your first play, EmmyOk. I beat it my first time late in the game and it took me a long time to figure it out.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sekiro is already the perfect husbando.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sekiro is already the perfect husbando.

📠

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i want to play sekiro but i should probably finish dks3 and bloodborne first

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Panty Saluter posted:

i want to play sekiro but i should probably finish dks3 and bloodborne first

Nothing wrong with triple wielding imo.... I think the only confusing thing can be if you get your builds mixed up or forget progress. But imo Sekiro is different enough (and the level-ups just increase everything) that you should be good. And sekiro is so amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time it snows I'm gonna replay Sekiro. Feels like it was made to be a winter game and came out too early in the year

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's been about two years since I played DS3 and something about all this gray cold weather makes me wanna replay it. FromSoft games in general scratch that itch for bleak horror stuff during fall.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
stuck on the twin princes ugh. they move too fast, i cant deal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Panty Saluter posted:

stuck on the twin princes ugh. they move too fast, i cant deal

Yeah, one, two princes kneel before you. That’s what I said now. Princes, princes who adore you. Just go ahead now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah, one, two princes kneel before you. That’s what I said now. Princes, princes who adore you. Just go ahead now.

lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:hmmyes:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the dude hairstyles in DaS are so bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Switching to two handed the second I enter a boss room

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EmmyOk posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted: