Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

idk i think its good and healthy to critique the gently caress out of what they're putting out

im voting dem unless its gabbard somehow through her russian handlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Absolutely nobody ITT is going to vote for Trump. People criticizing Warren's policies now are still going to vote for her if she wins the primary. It would be cool if people could stop acting like they won't.

quote:

On Election Day, Stein finished in 4th with over 1,457,216 votes (more than the previous three Green tickets combined) and 1.07% of the popular vote.

But yeah, the primaries are still running and now is the time to call out Warren (and everyone else).

Necrocult
Oct 18, 2010

Form Fitting

Fister Roboto posted:

Absolutely nobody ITT is going to vote for Trump. People criticizing Warren's policies now are still going to vote for her if she wins the primary. It would be cool if people could stop acting like they won't.

Well yeah.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

But yeah, the primaries are still running and now is the time to call out Warren (and everyone else).

exactly. gently caress em all until they get the nomination

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Chichevache posted:

Second best is still a loser. That's why I am writing in "Karl Marx" instead of voting for Bernie.

Thanks for the vote

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I doubt that there are over 100 regular posters ITT or even in all of GIP, so statistically speaking nobody voted for Stein :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i voted for al sharpton in the first primary i was old enough to vote in

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

poo poo, I missed that in my keyword search.

Serves me right for being lazy.

quote:

Lastly, I support eliminating the so-called “Widow’s Tax” and efforts to ensure that all families of veterans who died or became totally disabled from a service-connected condition receive the Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits that they are entitled to.

Got the issue completely backwards, though.

McNally fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2019

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Fister Roboto posted:

People criticizing Warren's policies now are still going to vote for her if she wins the primary. It would be cool if people could stop acting like they won't.

Nope! I live in a solid red state so my vote doesn't matter, so I can vote my conscience anyway.

Bernie is already my compromise candidate, he's the only person I see even being able to tolerate pulling the lever for.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dwanyelle posted:

Nope! I live in a solid red state so my vote doesn't matter, so I can vote my conscience anyway.

Don't be this thick.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dwanyelle posted:

Bernie is already my compromise candidate, he's the only person I see even being able to tolerate pulling the lever for.

The reason it's solid red is because Republicans have succeeded in their propaganda game of convincing you that your vote doesn't count. Throwing your vote away is giving them the win.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk i think its good and healthy to critique the gently caress out of what they're putting out

I would prefer the sexy lady controlled by the Russians over the angry pile of KFC coleslaw in a baggy suit controlled by the Russians

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

orange juche posted:

The reason it's solid red is because Republicans have succeeded in their propaganda game of convincing you that your vote doesn't count. Throwing your vote away is giving them the win.

Are.....are you aware of Georgia politics?

The current governor was elected in an election he was responsible for overseeing at the time, had some shady poo poo go down, and then, when a recount was requested, fought against it until the courts ruled they had to recount, then destroyed the ballots.

My vote really DOESN'T count, yo. And considering I'm poor, struggle with mobility, and don't get paid time off if I wanted to go vote, thus costing me money I can't really afford....well, your lucky I'm doing it at all

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dems keep confusing critiquing policy with muck raking.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://apnews.com/df38e25dcea64abebfa2cae435d914be

quote:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a man was shot to death at a Waffle House after calling other patrons racist slurs and starting a fight.

The GBI says Butts County deputies responded Halloween night to three 911 calls that were minutes apart. The first reported an angry customer, the second reported a fight and a third reported shots had been fired.

Responding deputies found 27-year-old Nicholas Phinazee Bryan mortally wounded. An investigation determined that Bryan “was using racial slurs” toward 36-year-old Robert Lewis Henderson Jr. and 39-year-old Antonio DeMarty Evans. Waffle House staff told Bryan to leave. Then their argument became physical. Police say Henderson fired a single shot at Bryan, who later died at a hospital.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dwanyelle posted:

The current governor was elected in an election he was responsible for overseeing at the time, had some shady poo poo go down, and then, when a recount was requested, fought against it until the courts ruled they had to recount, then destroyed the ballots.

My vote really DOESN'T count, yo. And considering I'm poor, struggle with mobility, and don't get paid time off if I wanted to go vote, thus costing me money I can't really afford....well, your lucky I'm doing it at all

yeah, I'm in the electorally opposite position here in California: my primary vote matters, but electorally CA is not in play. I'm lucky to have free time and energy, so today i'm spending 12 hours pushing voter guides into people's hands. all politics is local, they say.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dwanyelle posted:

Trump won GA by 5% with 25% of the eligible voters not even voting.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm moving to Butts County

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm moving to Butts County

It sucks

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The warm wind blows gently, though (if not consistently)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dwanyelle posted:

I am quite well aware as I was born and raised there, and the governor's election was close as gently caress, Georgia is a state that could conceivably go blue as long as people keep on the press. It's gotta start somewhere, that's why get out the vote campaigns exist, and other grassroots efforts to get people who feel disenfranchised out to the polls. As far as compensation for voting, I really unfortunately don't know what to say there, because there unfortunately exists no legislation that requires employers to compensate for voting time other than allowing time off.

If people actually got out and voted instead of saying their vote doesn't count, then the nations electoral map would look way the gently caress different than it does. Republicans in particular prey upon convincing voters that they don't like that their vote doesn't count, and then put out terrible racist poo poo to energize people who they want to flood the polls.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 5, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1191735343730450434?s=21 :bernget20:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dwanyelle posted:

What an excellent post by an idiot in 2016! You realize we have a dem senator in Alabama right now right? Get your loving head out of your rear end

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
oh cool more voter shaming

maybe next we can blame the working class again for not trusting Clinton after getting sold out by both her husband and Obama

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

I am quite well aware as I was born and raised there, and the governor's election was close as gently caress, Georgia is a state that could conceivably go blue as long as people keep on the press. It's gotta start somewhere, that's why get out the vote campaigns exist, and other grassroots efforts to get people who feel disenfranchised out to the polls. As far as compensation for voting, I really unfortunately don't know what to say there, because there unfortunately exists no legislation that requires employers to compensate for voting time other than allowing time off.

If people actually got out and voted instead of saying their vote doesn't count, then the nations electoral map would look way the gently caress different than it does. Republicans in particular prey upon convincing voters that they don't like that their vote doesn't count, and then put out terrible racist poo poo to energize people who they want to flood the polls.

Voter suppression in places like GA does not rely solely on convincing people to not vote. That is absolutely one strategy, and one they use to the hilt, but straight out being unable to vote is not an unheard of fantastic made up situation in these Republican poo poo holes, and that's just the "legal" stuff they do.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dwanyelle posted:

Stacy Abrams came within a oval office hair of getting elected, and that was with every type of election fuckery the GOP could muster.

I sympathize with you, though. I have lived primarily in Red states for the last 20 years, and goddamn is it ever disheartening to be a liberal in the deep red U.S.A.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Moving to WA was a huge breath of fresh air. There's no way I could ever move back to the South, where I spent most of my life.

Left coast, best coast.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

maybe next we can blame the working class again for not trusting Clinton after getting sold out by both her husband and Obama

Don't forget to blame women for not voting Hillary

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i have given up hope for a better america

hail satan, run the country into the ground and start over

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Letting a literal fascist be president was a pretty bad move and if you're not doing everything you can to vote then you're part of the problem.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

i have given up hope for a better world

hail satan, run the planet into the ground and start over

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Chichevache posted:

Letting a literal fascist be president was a pretty bad move and if you're not doing everything you can to vote then you're part of the problem.

Not voting in 2016 was one of the worst mistakes of my life, and since then I have voted in every primary, general, and special election.

Never. Again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Thankfully VA is really easy about absentee ballots, I voted last week and my reason was basically "I don't wanna go to the polls normally".

I checked off 'YES' to every tax increase (which might increase my yearly burden by a whole hundred dollars) without really looking into any of them because I don't really care. My uncle will be thrilled when I tell him this.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

EBB posted:

i have given up hope for a better america

hail satan, run the country into the ground and start over

Is everything worse or are we now just able to see every detail of how the upper class is never held accountable thanks to the dumb old internet? Either way I'm with you all.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Dum Cumpster posted:

Is everything worse or are we now just able to see every detail of how the upper class is never held accountable thanks to the dumb old internet? Either way I'm with you all.

Both. It's more visible AND we're back in a second gilded age.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

I checked off 'YES' to every tax increase (which might increase my yearly burden by a whole hundred dollars) without really looking into any of them because I don't really care. My uncle will be thrilled when I tell him this.

Voted yes on anything tax like here, yay Colorado ballots being mailed out to voters so we can just drop them off at our leisure, or in the mail.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

gently caress yes spreading that CT desire for taxes

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I actually voted no to the quarter percent sales tax increase on the ballot here because what they want to use it for is nebulously defined as "arts, parks, and education" without setting any specific goals regarding what they're going to accomplish with the additional funding, just what it *might* get spent on. Hard to support when it will put the county at the highest sales tax rate permitted by state law and we have billion dollar rail infrastructure projects coming up that we're gonna need to fund somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1191554629571633153?s=19