Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Borrovan posted:

e: ^^^a shameful civil war

How the gently caress are they supposed to scare off ghosts

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Ghost-out-of-Your-House

this is worst snipe in the history of this thread and I'm leaving it to ward off ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I hope Labor wins the election. Good luck Brits, show we aren’t 100% hellworld.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
We should test JRMs response to a fire by burning his house down and then making him a Guy Fawkes.

I'll eat the probation, I really don't care anymore.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bessantj posted:

I have no trouble believing that if JRM found himself inside Grenfall, at any time, he would have been out of there in a flash. then burnt his clothes. And bathed in bleach.

Also UKMT stop me being terribly uninformed re: Brexit. Has the NI border issue been sorted out?

Bozzas latest proposal would haved moved it to the Irish Sea. Right now though, well, you may have noticed we're having an election just at the minute...

Edit: if Labor win that means we got conquered by Australia, which would be a turn up for the books!

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 5, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The conservative and extremely anti unionist party.

European union: bad.

Act of union: worse.

Labour union: literally hitler.

Hitler: Misunderstood.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

This is a take so staggeringly bad that it really beggars belief.

Also, fair play, that last line "I just need to pull up my socks...oh wait I don't have socks" is very funny

This isn't an excuse at all, but he's practically playing a character. He's on American Dragons Den and is basically a capitalism troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ubnDcyYGw

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
Are YouGov going to do another of their...big...seat...poll thing? The one that pretty much predicted 2017?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Episode 2 of Podcasting is Praxis, now available on YouTube with subtitles!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5wD8ZvmKgU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Happy Glorification of Domestic Terrorism night everyone.

Will anyway be attended one of the pagan rituals where small explosives are used as an offering in an attempt to ward off larger explosions?

Really needs a hot take from the reporting-on-the-uk-like-the-uk-reports-on-africa twitter account.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Laranja02/status/1191788029003870209

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

f ur bf hes a fallen now.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I was listening to pm on my way home and I was going to post the bridgen thing

he literally led in with "Jacob is a leader, and whilst most people would stay put if they're told to by an authority figure he would use his brane and get out of there", he must not have got the briefing

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Jacob rees mogg would actually have used his galactic brain to will the fire out and also turn the tower into 30 luxury apartments that nobody lived in, thereby actually making them the safest possible form of accomodation.

Things Jacob Rees Mogg Thinks He Knows More Than
- Firefighters at a tower blaze
- The CBI about Brexit
- Van Drivers who run deliveries across EU countries
- The UK Treasury (when businesses were moving out of the UK, he accused the Treasury allowing them to humiliate the UK)
- German car makers

Add any I missed.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

bessantj posted:

I have no trouble believing that if JRM found himself inside Grenfall, at any time, he would have been out of there in a flash. then burnt his clothes. And bathed in bleach.

Also UKMT stop me being terribly uninformed re: Brexit. Has the NI border issue been sorted out?

The can of the hard border has been kicked from whenever Brexit happens under the current deal to about 2024. The assumption is that something will be found by then or Stormont will vote to continue the border in the Irish Sea.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
The stupidest (though not the most monstrous) thing about what Rees-Mogg said is that if he really was a Very Clever Fellow who lived on a high floor in Grenfell, he’d have known that shelter-in-place was a proven strategy that had worked for every major high-rise fire up to then (and would probably have worked at Grenfell too if someoene hadn’t coated the exterior with napalm), and he’d have stayed in his flat until it was too late, chiding his neighbours who made a run for it as easily-panicked idiots.

But no, he’s a Clever person, so of course he would have done the Correct thing, even if what that thing was is something we can only know in hindsight, based on knowledge he couldn’t have had at the time.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
There should be a law against neighbours trying to start awkward small talk in common spaces

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

RockyB posted:

Happy Glorification of Domestic Terrorism night everyone.

Will anyway be attended one of the pagan rituals where small explosives are used as an offering in an attempt to ward off larger explosions?

Really needs a hot take from the reporting-on-the-uk-like-the-uk-reports-on-africa twitter account.

I'm wandering around outside freeloading off everyone else's fireworks

it's p good can see them going off from Liverpool to Llandudno, and beyond

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

feedmegin posted:

Edit: if Labor win that means we got conquered by Australia, which would be a turn up for the books!

Is it possible for the UK to become more racist? Find out on the next exciting episode!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I hope Labor wins the election. Good luck Brits, show we aren’t 100% hellworld.

Lib Dem/UUP coalition incoming....

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1191796949499961344

lmao

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

happyhippy posted:

Things Jacob Rees Mogg Thinks He Knows More Than
- Firefighters at a tower blaze
- The CBI about Brexit
- Van Drivers who run deliveries across EU countries
- The UK Treasury (when businesses were moving out of the UK, he accused the Treasury allowing them to humiliate the UK)
- German car makers

Add any I missed.

Everyone about everything ever.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

mediadave posted:

Are YouGov going to do another of their...big...seat...poll thing? The one that pretty much predicted 2017?

They pulled that right before the GE because the tories were paying them for machine learning processing and they didn't like the prediction. Survation also used machine learning and got similarly close but they can only run machine learning when someone pays BIG money for it and they don't tend to release those results anymore.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This is one of the few nights a year I wish I lived in a tower block. We always used to go to my mate's brother's flat on the 19th floor and could see a hundred displays in one night, and people would only occasionally deliberately aim rockets at us.

Also I'm keeping up my 100% record of having weird pets - my dog, for the 11th year running, is refusing to give two shits about the fireworks and is in fact snoring loudly enough to drown them out. My cat, meanwhile, is desperate to go out so he can see what all the noise is about.

I used to live in North East London with my two cattes. We had fireworks on 5th Nov and weekends either side, Diwali, Eid Al Adhar, Eid Al Fitr, Christmas, New Year, Easter.... my cattes got used to them and showed no fear.
Personally, I loathe fireworks having had them chucked into the hood of my school coat when I was a kid by any kid my dad (a teacher in a secondary modern) had told off that day.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Boris wants to put it in the irish sea.

So, I mean, as far as the EU and sinn fein are is concerned it has :v:

feedmegin posted:

Bozzas latest proposal would haved moved it to the Irish Sea. Right now though, well, you may have noticed we're having an election just at the minute...

painted into a coroner posted:

The can of the hard border has been kicked from whenever Brexit happens under the current deal to about 2024. The assumption is that something will be found by then or Stormont will vote to continue the border in the Irish Sea.

Won't that put the DUPs nose out? (Something I'm in full support of.)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The only organised fireworks in Portsmouth this year is happening tomorrow on the mainland, because the Gunwharf which usually does the big display used all of theirs for the D-Day 75 celebration earlier in the year

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pochoclo posted:

There should be a law against neighbours trying to start awkward small talk in common spaces

Now you know the real reason London is so expensive, it's the only place in the country where this is guaranteed.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Goldskull posted:

It's not just Islington the Lib Dem's are bullshitting about, I've been bombarded with letters/leaflets the last 4 days all saying Labour can't win in Finchley & Golders Green, where 'What party am I in this week numbskull' Luciana Berger's running for them.
Labour were ~1600 votes shy of the Tories in 2017, Lib Dems were nowhere. Is this poo poo even legal? The only source they say id some Survation poll from October, but not what question was asked of the people surveyed.
While we're on that subject, has anyone here ever been surveyed for any of these polls? I've been asking everyone I know recently and no-one ever has.

The Grauniad are looking for examples of dodgy campaign literature. Take a picture and send it in, it could help give the Lib Dems a kicking for another news cycle: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/05/have-you-received-any-general-election-leaflets-share-your-photos

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Edit: double post bad gateway

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Boris wants to put it in the irish sea.

So, I mean, as far as the EU and sinn fein are is concerned it has :v:

Hi all, I mainly lurk in this thread and don’t post but thought you might enjoy this little tidbit of info.

I live on the Isle of Man (halfway between Liverpool and Ireland for those that do not know). We are a crown dependency with our own laws and parliament.

We have ferries going to and from Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool and Heyshem. 2 of my closest friends work at our ferry company and tell me that zero preparation has been done for anything to do with a border ‘down the Irish sea’. Our government is also not inclined to implement any kind of customs nonsense that the English government would demand (they shafted us on a VAT deal some years ago).

I’m not sure how the English government think that we will fit into the plans for a sea based border but I wish them the very best of luck.

Vyro Ingo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 5, 2019

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I know the lib Dems are twats and I understand why you might not want to acknowledge that you're going to at best get third place and the balance of power at the outset of the campaign

but now they've specifically ruled out supporting either of the parties that are almost certainly going to win the most seats, how is a vote for them anything other than a vote for another general election immediately afterwards

if they explicitly won't vote for another party to form a government, then unless someone else gets a majority or they win literally 320 more seats (or 160+ and someone else joins them as a junior partner, I suppose) then no one will be able to form a government

or maybe they're secretly anarchists and just don't want a government at all?

swinson_650_seats.jpg

e; I guess they might also demand corbyns resignation as price for their 8 votes? so we get a leadership election that takes several weeks at the shortest and then someone elected by the left wing labour membership takes over

XMNN fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 5, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vyro Ingo posted:

Hi all, I mainly lurk in this thread and don’t post but thought you might enjoy this little tidbit of info.

I live on the Isle of Man (halfway between Liverpool and Ireland for those that do not know). We are a crown dependency with our own laws and parliament.

We have ferries going to and from Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool and Heyshem. 2 of my closest friends work at our ferry company and tell me that zero preparation has been done for anything to do with a border ‘down the Irish sea’. Our government is also not inclined to implement any kind of customs nonsense that the English government would demand (they shafted is on a VAT deal some years ago).

I’m not sure how the English government think that we will fit into the plans for a sea based border but I wish them the very best of luck.

Cool thanks for the additional info and you should post more.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

Won't that put the DUPs nose out? (Something I'm in full support of.)

Not sure if you haven't been paying attention but boris sacked a big pile of his MPs so the DUP don't even give him a majority any more.

Vyro Ingo posted:

We have ferries going to and from Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool and Heyshem. 2 of my closest friends work at our ferry company and tell me that zero preparation has been done for anything to do with a border ‘down the Irish sea’. Our government is also not inclined to implement any kind of customs nonsense that the English government would demand (they shafted us on a VAT deal some years ago).

I'm quite sure the government hasn't even begun to think about Man tbh :v:

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure if you haven't been paying attention but boris sacked a big pile of his MPs so the DUP don't even give him a majority any more.

I'm quite sure the government hasn't even begun to think about Man tbh :v:

Historically the Manx have always been pirates and smugglers, could make for a great cultural revival tbh :D

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

XMNN posted:

I know the lib Dems are twats and I understand why you might not want to acknowledge that you're going to at best get third place and the balance of power at the outset of the campaign

but now they've specifically ruled out supporting either of the parties that are almost certainly going to win the most seats, how is a vote for them anything other than a vote for another general election immediately afterwards

if they explicitly won't vote for another party to form a government, then unless someone else gets a majority or they win literally 320 more seats (or 160+ and someone else joins them as a junior partner, I suppose) then no one will be able to form a government

or maybe they're secretly anarchists and just don't want a government at all?

swinson_650_seats.jpg

iirc the line is they've ruled out supporting the current leaders so there's still plenty of scope to support the tories when push comes to shove because, as ever;

https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/1191808834316185600?s=20

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Pochoclo posted:

No there shouldn't we live in a society ask them to vote Labour and if not ask why they want poor people to die

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vyro Ingo posted:

Historically the Manx have always been pirates and smugglers, could make for a great cultural revival tbh :D

Very excited for the post brexit future where the UK becomes a client state of Mann because someone put a gun fort on it.

Not least because the Tynwald is a strong contender with Westminster for arcane procedural bullshit :v:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

iirc the line is they've ruled out supporting the current leaders so there's still plenty of scope to support the tories when push comes to shove because, as ever;

https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/1191808834316185600?s=20

ah yes, I'd sort of thought they wouldn't go for getting a different conservative leader elected by their insane membership but i forgot about the siren call of the ministerial jag

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Gonzo McFee posted:

We should test JRMs response to a fire by burning his house down and then making him a Guy Fawkes.
I see you've been reading my twitter :v:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also I'm keeping up my 100% record of having weird pets - my dog, for the 11th year running, is refusing to give two shits about the fireworks and is in fact snoring loudly enough to drown them out. My cat, meanwhile, is desperate to go out so he can see what all the noise is about.

my cat is 100% unbothered by the fireworks when he's indoors but he keeps wanting to go outside then thinking better of it when he's actually presented with the opportunity and it's a lot louder and closer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/bholliday/status/1059445567401660419?s=20

Posting my favourite poppy related tweet.