Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

biosterous posted:

RIP biosterous

please redwarf me as biiosterous (and lemme know how I corked it!)

Biosterous the first lived a long life and likely would have had he not somehow found his way into the military. He notably spent his time dividing zombie corpses with a steel shortsword last year and if I remember correctly, he was an unfortunate casualty when the humans pressed the assault to the entrance ramp. He died to a war hammer and was an honorable contribution to keeping the filthy humans out of Valleysilences during The Squeezing Onslaught instead of continuing to be a fisherdwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can't see Fuubi so I guess she perished. Can I get a recount of her last moments, as well as a re-dorfing? Or humaning...

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Fuubi posted:

Can't see Fuubi so I guess she perished. Can I get a recount of her last moments, as well as a re-dorfing? Or humaning...

The original Fuubi is down in history as dying of thirst in the winter of 565.

Fuubi II seems to have bled to death in combat against the mutilated elven corpse, Dangertalon during the autumn of last year. Given her minor background in beekeeping and herbalism, I presume she was caught in the early onslaught of the zombified elves. She was a friend of the late overseer, Twybil, and you might be interested to know her parents are unknown and were possibly linked to being some unknown creature or force. Her children live on in another fort far away, 2/3 of them being nobility.

I've put you on the list!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The Flying Twybil posted:

Yeah, apparently Volmarias I was strangled by DeceitfulPenguin in a berserk rage about a year ago. The new Volmarias is likely going to have a mental breakdown soon, having the highest stress of anyone right now and "being harrowed by the utter tragedy that is their life."

Life imitates art I guess

:iit:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Welp, a few in game years have passed since my dwarf died, put me down for a re-dwarfing, or even (gasp!) re-humaning

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

mercenarynuker posted:

Welp, a few in game years have passed since my dwarf died, put me down for a re-dwarfing, or even (gasp!) re-humaning

Mercenarynuker I, according to records, died in the autumn of 568 by thirst. I'll put you down on the list!

I'd like to note that actually the number of humans in our fort is down to two, both just being musicians as all of our human military units fell during the battle.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Well, finally caught up with the thread. Lotta stuff happening while I wasn't looking.
I'd like to ask for a redwarfening/-humaning as well, if there are any free ones left.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Nuramor posted:

Well, finally caught up with the thread. Lotta stuff happening while I wasn't looking.
I'd like to ask for a redwarfening/-humaning as well, if there are any free ones left.

Yep, you're in as well! Apparently the old Nuramor got melted about 2 in-game years back.

E: Actually your ghost is currently haunting us. Trying to put an end to that, but work is slow.

E2: Technically, if anyone wants to be a goblin, we just got one.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 5, 2019

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
My dwarf went on a quest for a book then returned.

Did my dwarf do anything interesting on that quest, or at all? I know he is still alive.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Sad King Billy posted:

Did my dwarf do anything interesting on that quest, or at all? I know he is still alive.

Checking the world history, there seems to be two Sad King Billys in the world right now...? Both are alive, so I don't really know. The one currently we have around is an incredibly depressed animal dissector.

The other one seems to have not been around since 567 as he's not recorded as witnessing any of the battles from that point on. I'm starting to think this is a bug I've seen mentioned before where traveling units never return since the crew that got sent to the tower hasn't returned yet either. That's a real shame because there's actually good military units in that group, I think.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Slate 573, no date - Scrawling of an unknown dwarf:

We've put forth the measures to block ourselves off from the outside world for now. We need to take precautions to defend ourselves from the humans.

Mayor Gbuchold ordered a ban on exporting bins. The idea we were exporting anything was worth a laugh in its own respect.

Solarian and Guarstine's corpses were found in the halls. Nobody knows how they died and I can't seem to convince these lazy fuckers to get them a proper burial.

Adults and kids alike are throwing tantrums, others just falling into a blank-eyed depression.

Half the children walk around like zombies themselves- the others take to playing with religious artifacts.

The slackers hanging around our food stores finally get it into their heads their going to "perform" or "slay monsters". The latter might be useful, but the former is not. They should be craftin' or haulin' too.

Brother Buer isn't one of the slackers, though. He came up with a plan today to get back inside the colossus. The Bible agreed with him and signed himself up for the role of pulling the lever.

We'll see how it goes.

Written on the backside of the parchment, it seems to continue.

Geshud! These morons left those corpses there long enough to rot! You imbeciles, you're going to get us killed!

At some point one of these idjits gets around to doing something useful in Geshud's name and tosses that corpse! Sorry to ya, fellow dwarf, but proper burials are gettin' hard these days.

People are still falling into these blank-eyed trances, but at least we're seeing less fights break out. Someone got around to finishing some memorials and the ghost of IbbleBibble stopped haunting us. If I knew who it was, I'd give 'em a share of my hidden brew for actually gettin' something done around here.

-21st of Slate-

By our many gods, they've done it! It's time to burn these invaders to ash! Brother Buer has dashed ahead to the ladder on his own, the madman!

~:~:Written Account of an unknown dwarf:~:~

Unknown Dwarf 1: "No, you fools! The humans are still out there! Get the hell back in here!"

"Agh, you low-witted laborers! Go, NOW! Useless performers and scholars- drat you all-"

A pair of young planters runs up to the raging dwarf- name still unknown to this day. They relay a message.

It was at this point the dwarf ran away screaming curses of every kind. Death decided to rear its beady eyed head at the wrong time.

Various battles raged across the mountain. In the depths, a monster hunters ran to kill the ancient beast attacking our livestock.

To the top, beyond all comprehension, the military ran out to attack the humans and undead in the entry hallways instead of going to fight the forgotten beast.

Unbelievably, the ancient crustacean reached the upper floors of the fortress. Even more unbelievably, a scholar ran up to the beast and smashed it's skull in with his foot.

He merely said nothng and went back to his research.

I know at least tFUCKINGmesis, crimea, Soulex, and Guarstine are dead. Check for your names on the list, because I've got no clue if we lost anyone else.

E: I went back and updated the list because I apparently am also stumbling around obliviously.

Summary of what just happened: People finally start doing some work as I find two people almost randomly dead in the hallways. Blocked us off from the humans for good and then that snafu'd when I tried to melt the humans(this failed). Forgotten lobster shows up, kills some livestock and a person or two, then dies to a scholar of all things.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 6, 2019

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Scholars in this setting are hardcore, man.

I happen to not have a job assigned on that screen. Clearly I've got fed up with trying to sew together the worst jigsaw puzzle ever and just gone to drink in a corner.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Sad King Billy posted:

I don't think any of us returned, I think we all just redorfed after writing off the expedition as lost.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
This poo poo is getting crazy, glad I got a spot of reading in.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Oh this is fantastic! It looks like corgski perished some time ago, could I get redorfed as "not-corgski"?

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Foul Ole Ron posted:

This poo poo is getting crazy, glad I got a spot of reading in.

I mean, it's been two months and everything has gone to fun. My overseer character died in two weeks of me starting. At this point I'm hoping for another dragon or titan or something to come by and kill these invaders. The colossus hasn't been turned off since I pulled the lever- if I could find a way to get these people to stop panicking/enjoying stories I'd try to engineer some way to increase pressure so I could flood the entire outside in lava.

corgski posted:

Oh this is fantastic! It looks like corgski perished some time ago, could I get redorfed as "not-corgski"?

Sure, I'll put you on the list. The original corgski seems to have bled out in an encounter with an elf zombie last autumn.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 5, 2019

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think I died back in the second year or something stupid. Re-incarnate please. Non-dwarf immigrants like goblin scholars or elvish bards are fine.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think I died back in the second year or something stupid. Re-incarnate please. Non-dwarf immigrants like goblin scholars or elvish bards are fine.

You were strangled by the reanimated corpse of Gay Hitler Hitler's Gay Secret, Hopegallows, about 4 years ago. I've put you on the list!

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 5, 2019

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

You were strangled by the reanimated corpse of Gay Hitler

That's one hell of an epitaph.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Black Robe posted:

That's one hell of an epitaph.

Actually it reads "Strangled by the reanimated corpse of Hitler's Gay Secret". I had my Hitlers mixed up.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Did I die again?

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug
Considering I still appear on the list, picking up equipment, maybe you mixed me up with Soulex? At least that is what the description of the mangled corpse actually said.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

AJ_Impy posted:

Did I die again?

...Yeah, but I don't really know how. Your corpse is just outside the tunnel, so I think you probably fell when the gigantic rush of civilians started happening. Your corpse is having fun punching crossbowmen though.

SOLarian posted:

Considering I still appear on the list, picking up equipment, maybe you mixed me up with Soulex? At least that is what the description of the mangled corpse actually said.

Cripes, you're right. Your dwarf is fine, just stumbling around obliviously in depression and if not, probably going to be in a little while. I'll fix that.

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.
I'm amazed that dwarfchild me has not only managed to stay alive this long, but even appears to be doing sorta well, through playing with hammers, drinking and now even helping out with chores. Or maybe it's all just a coping mechanism to stave off the inevitable day of toy hammer-wielding berserker madness? :shrug:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I STILL LIVE :yeshaha:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Time for a third incarnation!

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Am I on the dwarfing list?

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

WereVolvo posted:

I'm amazed that dwarfchild me has not only managed to stay alive this long, but even appears to be doing sorta well, through playing with hammers, drinking and now even helping out with chores. Or maybe it's all just a coping mechanism to stave off the inevitable day of toy hammer-wielding berserker madness? :shrug:
You have absolutely no skills worth mentioning so far, but your stress value is only 243. You're possibly the most stable child we have right now. Also worth noting is that a dwarf's personality reflects what form their insanity/haunting as a ghost will likely be. Yours doesn't seem to have any inclination from what I can see, so toy hammer rage may be possible should everything go south.

AJ_Impy posted:

Time for a third incarnation!

On the list!

So Math posted:

Am I on the dwarfing list?

Yeah, somehow I must have blanked out when doing the names because none of them stuck. I'll remedy that in just a second!

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 6, 2019

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Jesus looks like I bit it, again. Is it greedy to ask for IPA Regulations IV if so?

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

UP TO DATE LIST OF LIVING DWARVES/HUMANS/GOBLINS

IPA Regulations posted:

Jesus looks like I bit it, again. Is it greedy to ask for IPA Regulations IV if so?

I somehow failed to keep the names correct, (it's all chaos on my end right now,) but IPA III died trying to burn the humans with lava the first time. I hadn't put you back in yet thanks to me blanking out while trying to keep the fortress alive, but I'll have IPA IV in the next update.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 6, 2019

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Haha this is going wonderfully. Might as well put me on the re-dwarfing list too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RIP me. At least I got a good haunting out of the fort.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I guess I probably died in the initial clash with the humans, bravely throwing my corpse onto the pile so our stench could hold them back.

Xenocides II is ready to be dorfed.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 6, 2019

stratego
May 6, 2007

I'm a cook! Reading a book! Glad to not be dead. Thank you for the updates!

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Ibblebibble posted:

RIP me. At least I got a good haunting out of the fort.

According to fort legends, you died last winter at the hands of Crystalgate, a fellow dwarf. You were quite quickly avenged by Strrrrront it seems. Your legacy is that of four children, one of which is having a mental breakdown and the other wants to take over the world.

Xenocides posted:

I guess I probably died in the initial clas with the humans, bravely throwing my corpse onto the pile so our stench could hold them back.

Xenocides II is ready to be dorfed.

Xenocides I the Amazing Temptation of Working had eight kills to his name, being a very effective zombie slayer. When the human invasion happened you were defending the entry ramp and even took an invader down with you, drastically slowing their push forward. Your zombie continues to harrow them even now.

Next update will take me a bit, but I assure you that we've made some progress!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I'm still in there and alive, which is fun. I'm currently thinking about fortresses. Am I particularly good at anything (not that I've ever played this crazy game to know what that means)?

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Dog Kisser posted:

I'm still in there and alive, which is fun. I'm currently thinking about fortresses. Am I particularly good at anything (not that I've ever played this crazy game to know what that means)?

You're actually in the manager noble position right now, which basically means you get a nice room in return for people being able to complain at you. Social skills-wise, Dog Kisser isn't the greatest, but you've got a lot of old military training that might need to be brought back to use as we work at training some new soldiers. You're also very good at weaving, which is what I suppose you've been doing most of the time.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

~ Record of Valleysilences, kept by an unknown dwarf~

Slate 7th, year of 573

Praise be to the hardworking souls that are Air is Lava! and Cpt. Viking!

After an unknown dwarf barricaded the open entryway, they enacted an effective plan...

Long since, deep within our temples, a floodgate has remained closed.

Though a visitor many took respite within, they knew not the blood of the mountain flowed behind it.

Breaking through the once sacred walls of The Golden Abbey with a pick, Cpt. Viking unleashed an easier path to the humans. Woe be to us!

Yet, woe be to them! Air is Lava stood stationed by a lever he had refashioned for days!

At the illustrious broker's sign, and with Doren's forgiveness he let loose a glorious grunt as he heaved the primed lever onwards!

Foolish, impudent invaders they were, but ash they are now! Believing this was their moment for a coup, they charged in only to meet the wrath of the mountain!

They would not make it away from this place so easily- all of our artifacts have prices to pay!

~Worker's Log, Month of Slate in Year 573~

Got those humans good, we did. In their anger, they're turning on each other- their cries can be heard. Doin' that shut down some of our smelting operations, but it couldn't be helped. We don't have that many people smelting anymore anyhow.

We know there's still a few relics out there, but their recovery may have to wait. The mountain may claim them before we can.

Some humans got stuck in the tunnels- they won't risk a dash through the magma mist. They'll go insane and kill each other before long. It's a grim thought for sure, but we rather prefer dealing with the undead.

We're locked in now- best to just hope no migrants or traders come on by for a while. Wait for these tallfolk to move on. We've got work to do in the meantime.

I was informed that we managed to cage a human? Somehow one of them ended up in our caverns and was trapped. Only Geshud knows how, but whatever. We'll find some use for him, I suppose.

We have a good many strands of that miracle material, but using it may need to wait until we gain an experienced candidate for overseer. Many of us have mentioned we would like to see them worked into the finest gear for defending our mountain.

We've also set up some more military training and quarters, just in case. A few of our old hands have taken up their axes and hammers again to train new recruits. Hopefully it will prove to be a smart endeavor, for we've long lost hope of The Large Metals returning.

I copied this from the military logs. I'm not really sure why I did, I guess someone has to keep all of this in order, though.

New Military Lists~

Barricaded Heathers - Speardwarves: Camoes, Mr. Moon, Spaced God
Tangles of Silver- Swordsdwarves: Haifisch, Alehkhs
The Reclusive Crypts - Axedwarves: Rutile, Dog Kisser, Brother Buer, Strrrrront, Selious, NiftyBottle
The Large Metals - Still Missing
Archers Ho! - Marksdwarves: FrenzyTheKillbot II, Habeasdorkus II, tildes
The Brave Pages - HardHead (though he's still locked away), SOLarian, turol, Cyflan

They're not all training right now as we've got work to catch up on.

~A Few Days Later, Worker's Log~

Since the coast is clear, we've decided to let our metalworkers refine our adamantine into wafers. To keep it safe, we've designated all of it to be stored within the tombs below- specfically at Lpzie's tomb.

I've just been informed that PetraCore, a kid, and Lord of Hats, some performer, are throwing tantrums.

Lord of Hats quit after injuring Dallbun, one of our cooks. What's this fortress come to?

More people are starting to walk about obliviously or become depressed. Only a few are throwing tantrums, thank goodness. I fear we may be undone by ourselves before the year is through.

Oh for- STOP ATTACKING THE CATS!

In summary: I started burning things with lava not intended for burning things. We might have lost a few masterworks, but it's anything to keep the humans back at this point. Body parts are still lying about in places and dwarves are too lazy or busy listening to stories to bother dealing with them. Something's probably going to come and kill us before the year is over if we don't loyalty cascade.

Nobody's died yet, so the dwarf lists should still be the same. Xenocides and FrenzyTheKillbot have been dwarfed with some of our last actual citizens. I've gotta say, I apologize if this is going a tad slow, but I'm having to stop and resolve issues every two seconds it seems. We'll see how long it takes for a dragon to fly by and melt everything.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 6, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

According to fort legends, you died last winter at the hands of Crystalgate, a fellow dwarf. You were quite quickly avenged by Strrrrront it seems. Your legacy is that of four children, one of which is having a mental breakdown and the other wants to take over the world.

You do you, kiddo. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
I am still hopeful for a happy ending: a hardened handful of elite sociopaths clad in adamantium. Made mighty from repeatedly slaying their reanimated friends and family, taking over the neighbouring necromancer tower and conquering death itself