Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Your actual first priority should always be the welfare servant ascension materials and NP copies.

Gold fous are not going to be nearly as useful to a newer player than Exp or mats IMO. I'd get them all things being equal but I wouldn't lose any sleep over skipping a few here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Thankfully my mecha Eli is fully operational. I ended up buying the fous, embers, and cubes already, so I'll check and see what items I'll need for my merlin since i love my fluffy magic boy, almost as much as my new used pyramid salesman.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I hope I’m not the only one who doesn’t care about gold fous. They’re so blatantly a time/attention sink that I can’t really get excited about them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just want more Bones and Dust.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Vengarr posted:

I hope I’m not the only one who doesn’t care about gold fous. They’re so blatantly a time/attention sink that I can’t really get excited about them.

I just dumped them all on Jack once I had 40 of them clogging up inventory space. I can never choose favorites so I decided I might as well use it on someone who'll be useful even in 2022.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Vengarr posted:

With all the Gold Fous in JP you can currently 2000/2000 almost three Servants, I think.
They are definitely for favorites. I'm using them on Da Vinci, then I'll max Parvati and Kama.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 5, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've used most of them on Tamamo Shark because I use her a lot and she owns. I think maybe I'll use some on Shuten because she's shown up 3 times pretty much unlooked for (and also breaking a nearly year long ssr drought) so she's deserves it, i guess. Also, maybe she'll be less likely to murder me :ohdear:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

a kitten posted:

Also, maybe she'll be less likely to murder me :ohdear:

I can sort of see the thread of logic but I'm not fully throwing my weight behind the 'Shuten is stronger' = 'Shuten is less likely to eat me' calculation you've got there.

Try and summon Ibaraki or Kintoki so she has someone more interesting than you to hassle, that seems like it might keep you safe.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm more interesting than kintoki

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Dr Pepper posted:

See also the entirety of Sir Doyle's canon.

Not really. Moriarty was just a character that Doyle came up to use as an excuse to kill off Holmes (until Doyle realized how popular Sherlock was and retconned his death). Moriarty got turned into Holmes' nemesis in pop culture, but the only Doyle story he ever appeared in was The Final Problem.

Vengarr posted:

They're pretty easy to get. And gacha games are designed to be addictive time sinks to begin with so I don't see how gold fous are any different from any other in-game resource.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

They're pretty easy to get. And gacha games are designed to be addictive time sinks to begin with so I don't see how gold fous are any different from any other in-game resource.

1 Gold Fou = 5 Claws of Chaos in the store. They're considerably more expensive than other resources for way less payoff.

And they started using them as rewards for some challenge quests instead of saint quartz. Blech.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't remember any cqs giving quartz

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Aurora posted:

I don't remember any cqs giving quartz

I remember a bunch that gave tickets, like the Prison Tower, Onigashima and some of the GudaGuda's.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Fully gold fouing a servant can be over a 10% attack boost and is basically never under 5%, and it's base attack so all other buffs scale on it. A lot of self heals are in the 1500 to 3000 range, so 1000 extra HP isn't nothing either. They won't make or break a servant (although normal fous do push some servants like Arash over breakpoints from time to time) but they're a notable power boost.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've maxed both my regular cu and cuzilla with gold fous, loving worth it. Onicure gets all the gold fluff next.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I haven't gotten all of the possible Gold Fous so far, I know I missed a few during event reruns where I just couldn't bring myself to care enough to play, but so far every single one has gone to my best girl, OG Medusa.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Vengarr posted:

1 Gold Fou = 5 Claws of Chaos in the store. They're considerably more expensive than other resources for way less payoff.

It's not hard to get both though. I've almost finished clearing the store (except for the pieces and monuments) without using any apples or rolling the gacha for drop CEs.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Factor_VIII posted:

Not really. Moriarty was just a character that Doyle came up to use as an excuse to kill off Holmes (until Doyle realized how popular Sherlock was and retconned his death). Moriarty got turned into Holmes' nemesis in pop culture, but the only Doyle story he ever appeared in was The Final Problem.

From a Doylist perspective you're not wrong, but when in the story Sherlock says he's been actively investigating Moriarty for years but M always covered his tracks almost perfectly (until five minutes before the start of The Final Problem), Crime Grandpa being Holmes' nemesis is absolutely the intended Watsonian interpretation.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Vengarr posted:

I currently have almost 200 Claws of Chaos. Almost all the gold mats become less and less scarce as you keep playing. Gold Fous in the other hand will be always useful (and rare).

quote:

And they started using them as rewards for some challenge quests instead of saint quartz. Blech.

CQ almost never gave SQ anyway, the reward usually is a lore. And even in the future, a CQ with a Gold Fou reward will be more the exception than the rule.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Do you guys think I could get to the final singularity before the 8m campaign ends if I'm currently only halfway through America?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If you skip all cutscenes (that you can watch later from the My Room menu) and use a guide along with people's busted Lv. 100 support servants, I don't see why not. How much time is left for the campaign, anyway?

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Omobono posted:

From a Doylist perspective you're not wrong, but when in the story Sherlock says he's been actively investigating Moriarty for years but M always covered his tracks almost perfectly (until five minutes before the start of The Final Problem), Crime Grandpa being Holmes' nemesis is absolutely the intended Watsonian interpretation.

Doyle did mean for Moriarty to be the most dangerous criminal in his stories so that Holmes would go out in a blaze of glory when the two of them died together. I don't think that Moriarty works very well as an archenemy in the original stories though because he appears completely out of nowhere in The Final Problem. You'd expect a nemesis to get introduced early on and then for the rivalry to get built up before the final climactic confrontation. Moriarty skips all of that and just goes straight to the final battle to the death.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
But can Moriarty's machinations and machinery defeat three saints and their very patient master?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Oh, dios mio

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Sophism posted:

But can Moriarty's machinations and machinery defeat three saints and their very patient master?

The battle that had taken me the most time to finish was the summer rerun challenge quest. Slow and steady does win the race:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

Doyle did mean for Moriarty to be the most dangerous criminal in his stories so that Holmes would go out in a blaze of glory when the two of them died together. I don't think that Moriarty works very well as an archenemy in the original stories though because he appears completely out of nowhere in The Final Problem. You'd expect a nemesis to get introduced early on and then for the rivalry to get built up before the final climactic confrontation. Moriarty skips all of that and just goes straight to the final battle to the death.

There’s a section of post-Doyle Holmes stories that explore Moriarty and Holmes as being split personalities unaware of the other. Very entertaining if somewhat cliched.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm another person who can't decide who to give Gold Fous to because there's nobody I can truly say is far and away my fave so far, so I just decided to dump them into the 5* Servant I have the most NP levels in. You can apply a similar reasoning for yourself to make up your own mind, like "which support Servant do I use the most?" or "who will I continue to use even after their Bond is maxed out?" or "who I do want to try a solo challenge with?"

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I accidentally dumped a lot of my gold Fous into Ozzy while leveling him.

I'd feel bad about it, but it's Ozzy.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

My metric was 'Berserker Kintoki carried me through two and a half Singularities and was my very first SSR' so he gets all the gold Fous for now.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

My metric was 'Berserker Kintoki carried me through two and a half Singularities and was my very first SSR' so he gets all the gold Fous for now.

Similar thing here, except for me it was Jalter and she carried me from Septem to America. Also Jalter is an enormous dork and I love her for that, really looking forward to her goofy summer version next year.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Since people brought up Conan Doyle and Holmes and why Moriarty even exists:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 5, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just bought Extella Link on impulse, hoping it will be better than the original Extella, which I never got around to finishing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bunyan is getting all my golden Fous. I just think it's fun making this game's joke chatacter as strong as possible.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just bought Extella Link on impulse, hoping it will be better than the original Extella, which I never got around to finishing.

It is better, but its still kinda eh? The musou combat is funner at least.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I never finished the original Extella and I enjoyed the hell out of Extella Link. It helps that they went back and changed up the gameplay to make it less tedious and more streamlined. Capturing fields takes far less time and effort, and is helped along by the fact that your Noble Phantasm is now basically a "gently caress every single mook in this sector" button that you can use more or less whenever you need it. But arguably, the most improved part is the allied NPCs you have accompanying you, since their AI is actually shockingly competent. And not just in the sense that they don't need you to constantly babysit them in order to ensure they survive the mission, they'll actively go out and attempt to help you clear mission objectives like hunting down elites or capturing specific zones.

It's not a perfect game, but it is a better game, gameplay-wise, than its predecessor was.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I never finished the original Extella and I enjoyed the hell out of Extella Link. It helps that they went back and changed up the gameplay to make it less tedious and more streamlined. Capturing fields takes far less time and effort, and is helped along by the fact that your Noble Phantasm is now basically a "gently caress every single mook in this sector" button that you can use more or less whenever you need it. But arguably, the most improved part is the allied NPCs you have accompanying you, since their AI is actually shockingly competent. And not just in the sense that they don't need you to constantly babysit them in order to ensure they survive the mission, they'll actively go out and attempt to help you clear mission objectives like hunting down elites or capturing specific zones.

It's not a perfect game, but it is a better game, gameplay-wise, than its predecessor was.

Sound sgreat, gonna try it tonight.

I bought the Vita version by mistake, but I have a Vita and it cost me 8 bucks less so that's fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Charlie is fun so far. When will he get added to FGO, I wonder?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Charlie is fun so far. When will he get added to FGO, I wonder?

We still haven't gotten Archimedes in FGO.

I want him to show up just so I can shove him in a party with 5 different versions of Liz.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If there's any justice in the world he will have a My Room line for every single Liz variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just want Charlie to call Tamamo Big Sister.

I also need that Drake Costume for my JP account. (She eludes me in NA)

Also just got Sanzang with today's tickets... by rolling on the the story banner. I wanted story-locked Servants, and I guess I got more than I expected!

Edit: Finally got the Bond Points for the last of the New Interludes. The Serenity Interlude is great, and has Arash and Paracelsus being cool.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 6, 2019