Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Uhhh this game is goty fast-food excellent turn your brain off and great writing and awesome companions

Focusing on chimps on asteroids tells me that you missed the point of the game :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

mormonpartyboat posted:

i like how the space gorillas are on every planet in the solar system, including asteroids that couldn't have possibly supported life before humans arrived

Apparently there's a log in the Circustime or w/e wrecked freighter there that explains it. They broke out of the circus ship and have been able to survive due to the active terraformer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

etalian posted:

”Spacer Choice" version of a meaningful RPG experience.
New thread title plz

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

This game was written by people who think being a Warren supporter is revolutionary

:drat:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This game really subverts expectations...

by putting the "hunt rats in the sewers" quest in the endgame zone

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This is what I feel like a completely average game. So...

etalian posted:

the "Spacer Choice" version of a meaningful RPG experience.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
If the planet Typhon doesn’t have a Prey reference I will throw my Xbox on the loving floor.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Apparently there's a log in the Circustime or w/e wrecked freighter there that explains it. They broke out of the circus ship and have been able to survive due to the active terraformer.

Huh, look at that. I actually thought they used to be humans that got hosed up by being too close to a Terraformer or something along those lines, because there were a couple on Scylla with humanlike names.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I did the Retirement quest and lol what was that (not in a good way)

I don't like using the word "lazy" to describe game elements because development is hard work but... uh...

So just some text boxes and a bog-standard vault room with enemy robots? Nothing thematically specific or unique to this setting or story? And then I get a Board Reputation Increase for finishing the quest? What?

I know the writing team has cycled through but it really feels like there are so many scenarios here that are pale imitations not even of previous Obsidian games but of the things people made fun of in the Bethesda Fallout games

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Patches for what?

Except for minor balancing tweaks and config settings I can't imagine what it would need to patch so far. I didn't have any technical or performance issues in the entire playthrough.

Eh, I'm aware it's a lot less buggy than what Obsidian is notorious for, but I still expect some QoL/balance patches in the near future. Doesn't look like they've said anything since launch, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i like how the space gorillas are on every planet in the solar system, including asteroids that couldn't have possibly supported life before humans arrived

There's a reason one of them had a funny name like Col. Butterscotch or something

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Are we likely getting any DLC for this in the future?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't believe Obsidian got an 83 on metacritic for this game

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

In a Bethesda Fallout way, the gorillas are here because they where accidentally released, killing everybody, something that you can read on a computer terminal or notes left behind next to dead bodies.

WAIT A SECOND

How can Gimli be reading a diary left by Balin, if he is dead and entombed there?, do people in the LOTR universe are writting their diaries to the last second, when they die, and are encypted by their enemies!?

quote:

'That would be Ori's hand,' said Gimli, looking over the wizard's arm. `He could write well and speedily, and often used the Elvish characters.'

`I fear he had ill tidings to record in a fair hand,' said Gandalf. 'The first clear word is sorrow, but the rest of the line is lost, unless it ends in estre. Yes, it must be yestre followed by day being the tenth of novembre Balin lord of Moria fell in Dimrill Dale. He went alone to look in Mirror mere. an orc shot him from behind a stone. we slew the orc, hut many more ... up from east up the Silverlode. The remainder of the page is so blurred that I can hardly make anything out, but I think I can read we have barred the gates, and then can hold them long if, and then perhaps horrible and suffer. Poor Balin! He seems to have kept the title that he took for less than five years. I wonder what happened afterwards; but there is no time to puzzle out the last few pages. Here is the last page of all.' He paused and sighed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 6, 2019

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the space circus crashed and released space gorillas right next to a shipment of space gorilla mind powder and for the short while it lasted the space gorillas recorded a bunch of extremely accurate impressions of the people they dismembered

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Siljmonster posted:

Believe, my friend.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Siljmonster posted:

Too high or too low? Goon consensus seems to be "good but not great" and that's what an 83 is I think.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Bioshock Infinite has a 94, I wouldn't put much thought into it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

what if a gun that shoots space gorillas

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

ASenileAnimal posted:

That would actually make this game come dangerously close to interesting

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
A gun with the strength of five gorillas.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

El_Elegante posted:

A gun with the strength of five gorillas.

It would still have a non-unique skin

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Volte posted:

Bioshock Infinite has a 94, I wouldn't put much thought into it

Probably the most boring game I've ever played.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ugh that retirement quest left such a bad taste in my mouth. I did all the companion sidequests and these other tasks on Byzantium seem like filler busywork so I'm probably just gonna go see the end

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Volte posted:

Bioshock Infinite has a 94

:eyepop:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Talk about a game that aged awfully. Its politics make TOW read like Das Kapital and the actual gameplay is just poo poo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

sean10mm posted:

Talk about a game that aged awfully. Its politics make TOW read like Das Kapital and the actual gameplay is just poo poo

Lmao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ASenileAnimal posted:

all your guns can shoot space gorillas

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Too high or too low? Goon consensus seems to be "good but not great" and that's what an 83 is I think.

I'd personally put it anywhere between 6.5 and 7. The more I look back on it the more mediocre I think it was and I'm guessing its going to age horribly.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
big if true

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sean10mm posted:

people looked at bioshock 1 & 2 and asked "ok i didnt understand any of that so can you do one where the message is that slavery in america was actually for the good of the enslaved"

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Game reviewers compared Bioshock Infinite to Citizen Kane. Game reviewers are goddamn morons.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I think I accidentally played part of the intro, and is loving powerful. Like being born again, and I think thats a religious term "born again", so it loving nail the thing.
You may not like it, or disagree, but it hits the visuals.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Glenn Quebec posted:

That would actually make this game come dangerously close to interesting

They added a system for science weapons, in-game lore talking about them and how wacky and cool and powerful they could potentially be, and there's like three in the game and they're all boring as poo poo.

fuckin how?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wheeee posted:

They added a system for science weapons, in-game lore talking about them and how wacky and cool and powerful they could potentially be, and there's like three in the game and they're all boring as poo poo.

fuckin how?

I'm pretty sure there are five.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The mind control Ray is objectively good at killing stuff but it makes an annoying as hell sound I got immediately sick of and respecced my character out of science immediately bc the other weapons were just bad.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It would be cool if you could use the Shrink Ray while holding another gun altogether. Or really map all of the Science Weapon effects to powers you have on hand rather than weapons you need to swap to.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also it would be cool if there were SMGs or some other type of gun that filled the niche of "Light Ammo, High RoF, not a Heavy Weapon." The burst pistols aren't quite the same imo

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The mind control Ray is objectively good at killing stuff but it makes an annoying as hell sound I got immediately sick of and respecced my character out of science immediately bc the other weapons were just bad.

Bad as in boring or bad in killing.

Antigrav gun makes me.laugh when bodies fly around but im still amused by dumb ragdolls so that may be me.

Never understood what the mandibular rearrangy thing did.

Mind control is nice but yes the jingle my god the jingle.

Shrink ray i havent used yet.

The hammer. MY GOD THE HAMMER. SCIENCE HAMMER FOR PRESIDENT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xarbala posted:

Also it would be cool if there were SMGs or some other type of gun that filled the niche of "Light Ammo, High RoF, not a Heavy Weapon." The burst pistols aren't quite the same imo
I can't decide if them forgetting to assign light ammo to the light assault rifle is an oversight or on purpose. Given how it's your first assault rifle, it's probably on purpose because even if you stick around there won't be many heavy ammo weapons spawning on edgewater.

I am still convinced somebody got the shotgun stats backwards though. Even ignoring the damage situation, how many games can you think of where the "Sawed off" shotgun had MORE ammo than the "tactical/combat/etc" version?

Sawed off loving RULES. Even just shock modded shreds mantis queens too. It's artificially low "Haha, spacers choice is bad, get it?" 1,500 durability is also not really felt at all compared to "My +ammo modded LMG costs 9% durability per drum without durability loss buffs" pausing to shove weapon shards into it every other queen.

Figures the most New Vegas thing about the combat is "Hold on, I need to stop and repair my gun at no real expense beyond wasting my time." :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 6, 2019