Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm hoping us kickstarter dupes will get it for free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm hoping us kickstarter dupes will get it for free?

I feel like y'all need to tattoo "ALL FOUR ACTS OF HIVESWAP FREE FOR BACKERS" on your arms so you don't forget.

Because you always forget.

And yes I'm aware that it's likely due to the length of time it's been since Act 1, but even so. We go through this every time.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Whoa. That's very unexpected. Seems like WP are really rolling along lately!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
its almost like giving hussie an editor, manager and deadlines was a good idea........??

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

its almost like giving hussie an editor, manager and deadlines was a good idea........??

Ironically, Viz's arm in all of this (publication and distribution of the printed volumes) is the portion lagging behind the most as of late. We're supposed to be at Book 7 right about now.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nice. Lots of content lately.
It's been an awesome month.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Plom Bar posted:

I feel like y'all need to tattoo "ALL FOUR ACTS OF HIVESWAP FREE FOR BACKERS" on your arms so you don't forget.

Because you always forget.

And yes I'm aware that it's likely due to the length of time it's been since Act 1, but even so. We go through this every time.

Ouch. Maybe the burn I just received will serve as a reminder.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
ah hell yeah this is exactly the homestuck content i want because im an idiot trash moron

not that the other stuff isn't homestuck content it's just homestuck content im not interested in or don't care too strongly about

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

Ironically, Viz's arm in all of this (publication and distribution of the printed volumes) is the portion lagging behind the most as of late. We're supposed to be at Book 7 right about now.

Well, Hussie has to both figure out how to snapshot all the Flashes and write commentary, and apparently he's been a busy little bee this year.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
The derision with which he treats the page content in the most recent book (specifically the 150 pages for the first troll meteor game, which is the part I've got through so far) didn't occur to me until now that he'd probably only be that sarcastic about his own work / choices. He writes as though someone else handled the screenshotting.

It was a little disappointing that a wider variety of animation frames for the chat sprites wasn't captured.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hint: It's when you play FLARP with Vriska.

Try for Petticoat Seagrift class and name your character Vriska. For the other one go for Boy Skylark and name your character Tavros.

Pretty sure it's the same reaction I got for "Aranea Serket", though she was cool with "Meenah Piexes"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Duodecimal posted:

The derision with which he treats the page content in the most recent book (specifically the 150 pages for the first troll meteor game, which is the part I've got through so far) didn't occur to me until now that he'd probably only be that sarcastic about his own work / choices. He writes as though someone else handled the screenshotting.

It was a little disappointing that a wider variety of animation frames for the chat sprites wasn't captured.

He's said in interviews that some one else handled/handles the book formatting. All he does is provide the commentary.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bell_ posted:

Pretty sure it's the same reaction I got for "Aranea Serket", though she was cool with "Meenah Piexes"

does she feel completely owned like a dummy for being the lame serket.....????????

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hey! Finally!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

The hover was broken for me in the first release, so I was picking attributes blindly. Knowing what they actually were did help a lot.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I quite enjoyed the epilogues but reading like a million words of "what Homestuck is meant to read like" really highlights to me how H^2 has failed to properly capture the tone so far. You just didn't really have the same charm or honesty coming across in any of the dialogue.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I never read Candy because a truly self-indulgent work would dedicate several pages to the fate of FedoraFreak :colbert:

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I quite enjoyed the epilogues but reading like a million words of "what Homestuck is meant to read like" really highlights to me how H^2 has failed to properly capture the tone so far. You just didn't really have the same charm or honesty coming across in any of the dialogue.

I like to think that it's just because all of the dialogue so far has included Dirk, who has no charm or honesty

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Dirk's a tool, but generally a more charming tool in Act 6.

Homestuck^2 is definitely interesting, but I think it has a ways to go to win me over. That's fine, though, I'm willing to give it the time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The next routes in Pesterquest are Terezi and Equius.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The next routes in Pesterquest are Terezi and Equius.

Well, I suppose once we will have done Gamzee and Equius, everything will be clear sailing after that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

thanks alot assbag posted:

I like to think that it's just because all of the dialogue so far has included Dirk, who has no charm or honesty
He's a horrible abusive boyfriend to the entire universe but he still had some fun moments in the epilogue, like dead-cherub intentionally riling him up by using inaccurate sword metaphors or his tendency to get lost in his own thoughts and ramble about sexuality or something. That sense of personality seems largely gone in H^2.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well, I suppose once we will have done Gamzee and Equius, everything will be clear sailing after that.

Eridan.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Really? You consider Equius more problematic than Eridan?

Edit:
Plombar knows what's up.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Cronus.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Eridan is inarguably the second-worst troll (Gamzee still wins) but has he even once mentioned (A) sweat or (B) milk? I rest my case.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Cronus.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Those idiots don’t count as actual characters

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I used to read way too much homestuck and fell off hard somewhere in act 6. eventually after the story finished I went back and marathoned everything else to the end.

then I read the (recaps of) the epilogues for the first time just now

what the gently caress

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Simsmagic posted:

I used to read way too much homestuck and fell off hard somewhere in act 6. eventually after the story finished I went back and marathoned everything else to the end.

then I read the (recaps of) the epilogues for the first time just now

what the gently caress

Imagine reading it in long form, and in one sitting

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dave and Dirk are my favorite characters in HS

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

He's a horrible abusive boyfriend to the entire universe but he still had some fun moments in the epilogue, like dead-cherub intentionally riling him up by using inaccurate sword metaphors or his tendency to get lost in his own thoughts and ramble about sexuality or something. That sense of personality seems largely gone in H^2.

him grabbing the story and shaking it back and forth while screaming gently caress ALREADY YOU BETA MANLETS at Karkat and Dave had me in tears laughing

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
and then immediately going "wow you weirdo creepers for wanting to see this. grow up. this ain't no peep show" and focusing on something else

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dirk talks a big game, but he's actually very prudish and repressed when it comes to both sex and sexuality.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Heh, take a guess at what's hiding in toby's new pokemon song

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No big announcement for 11/11, I take it?

They had such a streak going I just expected some random thing today.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

MagusDraco posted:

Heh, take a guess at what's hiding in toby's new pokemon song
I'm never going to get over this because he could have sampled an actual good song like Black or Umbral Ultimatum, but chose to reuse a shitpost about a 13-year-old irony-poisoned rapper giving birth to a Con Air obsessive who is somehow his teenaged best friend and also his baby.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New Pesterquest is up.

Equius is still a cutie, in case you were wondering.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Also, Terezi is kind of fat? Weird choice, after all the Vriska jokes way back when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Also, Terezi is kind of fat? Weird choice, after all the Vriska jokes way back when.
Vriska isn’t “kind” of fat.