Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ice Phisherman posted:

He's right in a specific way. When you highlight truth to the exclusion of other truths in a way that creates a false narrative, that's propaganda.

She talks about Clinton and points fingers and media elites. That's true. The problem is that said finger isn't pointed at other elites across the spectrum. This creates a narrative around the Clintons and "fake news", which reinforces already existing false narratives.

So this is true. It is a real event. She means what she says. But the scope isn't broad enough for it to be the whole truth and without the whole truth, this plugs into already existing lies.

Oh she didn't have a comprehensive list of the disgusting pedophiles while angrily ranting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Glumslinger posted:

Poor Gen Xers, no one loved them enough to actually give them a name

Do you think it’s a coincidence that everything got super X-treme in the 90s? That JasonX was a movie marketed to gen-X’ers? That DegenerationX was the hot wrestling storyline? Hell, I remember hearing somebody say that gen-X was gen-X because “they love skateboarding and listen to nine inch nails.” It started out as a non-name but quickly became something else.

Captain Invictus posted:

excellent, champing at the bit to go to war in mexico, a great idea

they're really accelerating all their horrific republican bullshit these last couple weeks.

As the child of Latin American immigrants this is actually like one of the least bad things he’s suggested.

poo poo’s incredibly violent and terrifying in Central America and Mexico and it’s ENTIRELY our fault. It’s basically the ISIS problem except that it’s been building since the 70s.

And the whole time we’ve basically gone “welp, sorry! Not our problem! But also please do something about all of these refugees that keep showing up in our country! We don’t really care what, just take care of it. K thx bye!”

For all of the media around the drug war and border war poo poo like Sicario, we’ve focused the overwhelming bulk of our attention domestically, using drugs and cartels as an excuse to oppress black and brown people at home.

Now obviously Trump and his circle of fascists are the last people you’d want running any kind of military or humanitarian campaign anywhere. But if I were the democrat president of the US, I’d strongly consider sending robust humanitarian and, yes, even military aid to places like Nicaragua or Honduras. It would be exponentially more valuable and useful than anything we’ve done in the Middle East.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Now obviously Trump and his circle of fascists are the last people you’d want running any kind of military or humanitarian campaign anywhere. But if I were the democrat president of the US, I’d strongly consider sending robust humanitarian and, yes, even military aid to places like Nicaragua or Honduras. It would be exponentially more valuable and useful than anything we’ve done in the Middle East.

Instead of just running guns and money to central American death squads, the United States can cut out the middleman and put leftists in mass graves themselves. What do you think happens to that military mission of mercy once another weak corporatist gets voted out for Trump II?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Or maybe because O'Keefe is already on the margins of society that he is allowed to publish that to begin with? You're reacting to it exactly the way someone who wants this story buried is reacting to it.

If your stance is the James O'Keefe is a brilliant media manipulator rather than an insane rich kid who is getting undeserved attention, you may wish to reconsider your stance

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Electric Bugaloo posted:

THE LAST DEMOCRATIC ADMINISTRATION HELPED OVERTHROW THE HONDURAN GOVERNMENT

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

:ohdear:

This race tipping the right way would be one of my personal touchstones for A Good Night, surpassed only by losing none of our new good Dems and taking the Senate.

Incidentally, anyone who wants to TV/IV results of tonight's races, consider the State and Local thread as well as this one, it's full of knowledgeable locals and lots of nervous posting energy.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Oh she didn't have a comprehensive list of the disgusting pedophiles while angrily ranting!

Quoting someone credible in a way that serves your interests isn't about the person speaking. It's about the person repeating that very specific message in a very specific way for their own political purposes.

I don't really expect anything from someone speaking off the cuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ice Phisherman posted:

Quoting someone credible in a way that serves your interests isn't about the person speaking. It's about the person repeating that very specific message in a very specific way for their own political purposes.

I don't really expect anything from someone speaking off the cuff.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1191724714047217665?s=19

Here you go.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

rkajdi posted:

Yup. We live in a hell earth were a 10 point win would not be enough if rural states continue to support Trump in his dismantling of the government. I'd like to hope a recession would hurt him, but those just tend to polarize toward people pushing minorities out to make room for the white working class.

Dems won the House by 8.56% nationally last year.

They won Wisconsin 53.18% to 45.61%
They won Pennsylvania 55.03% to 44.75%
They won Michigan 52.33% to 44.65%
They won Arizona 50.37% to 48.66%

That's enough for 289 electoral votes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Dems won the House by 8.56% nationally last year.

They won Wisconsin 53.18% to 45.61%
They won Pennsylvania 55.03% to 44.75%
They won Michigan 52.33% to 44.65%
They won Arizona 50.37% to 48.66%

That's enough for 289 electoral votes

And Florida was basically a statistical tie it was so close.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.
AusGoon asking the question: Do we get to see THE NEEDLE for any of the elections coming up, or is it not that kind of election?

(ETERNAL GLORY TO THE NEEDLE.)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Admiral posted:

AusGoon asking the question: Do we get to see THE NEEDLE for any of the elections coming up, or is it not that kind of election?

(ETERNAL GLORY TO THE NEEDLE.)

They dont have it for the Kentucky election and they probably wont for the VA elections

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Doctor Butts posted:

The CEO of American Airlines is the chief pilot!
lol

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Love watching predictit moves on elections. KY gov race close to 50/50 there

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I didn’t even know KY had a governors election that was even going to be competitive. How could a state with those Senators possibly elect a Dem?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I didn’t even know KY had a governors election that was even going to be competitive. How could a state with those Senators possibly elect a Dem?
Literally nobody likes the governor.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Terebus posted:

We're on the internet where we can reach just as large an audience as O'Keefe and other chuds. Everyone can keep bringing up that Epstein didn't kill himself while at yhe same time calling out chuds for being disingenous. If we want something to change we have to keep this story fresh because it won't realistically be tackled until after this election cycle. That is if Trump doesn't get reelected.

They know they're disingenuous. They don't care about facts or reality, you will not reach them.

Go ahead and try it some time. I agree that people should still be hammering on this story forever because it's atrocious but you're never ever going to get the chuds to admit that a single Republican ever was involved.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

oxsnard posted:

i have a friend from HS who got a MIT PhD in Materials Science and worked at SpaceX.

quote: "Elon is a dumb person's idea of what a smart person is like"

Yeah or just watch the Joe Rogan interview with Musk. Even before he smoked a blunt in the interview he came across as extremely awkward and Dunning-Kruger levels of overconfident incompetence. And LMAO at the idea of emulating him 'pulling up his bootstraps'... Elon was born into wealth and elite power in South Africa.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The governor said teachers' strikes lead to children getting left at home to be sexually assaulted and addicted to drugs.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Jaxyon posted:

They know they're disingenuous. They don't care about facts or reality, you will not reach them.

Go ahead and try it some time. I agree that people should still be hammering on this story forever because it's atrocious but you're never ever going to get the chuds to admit that a single Republican ever was involved.

Hell, half of the people sharing the meme only even care about Bill's involvement because it lets them tie it to Hillary somehow.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

The governor said teachers' strikes lead to children getting left at home to be sexually assaulted and addicted to drugs.

Yes but he has an R next to his name and for KY I would have thought that’d be enough.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1191867391367618560

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ague Proof posted:

The strikes were because Bevin ratfucked them out of pensions and he called them thugs for getting upset

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes but he has an R next to his name and for KY I would have thought that’d be enough.

The last election he ran on taking away people’s healthcare and when he did we got the “I didn’t think he would take away my healthcare”, so I can see how he’s just made things worse and worse for himself over his term.

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Strangely, Bevin is only the second R governor in KY since the 70's.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Kill Dozed posted:

Strangely, Bevin is only the second R governor in KY since the 70's.

Democrats deciding to give the finger to organized labor means some of these states are only red recently.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't give a poo poo who is involved in the child rape ring. I want EVERY ONE OF THEM punished. I don't care if a loser political mascot is the one bringing attention to it. Good. Good for him. He did a good thing, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

Ffs

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

DarkHorse posted:

The strikes were because Bevin ratfucked them out of pensions and he called them thugs for getting upset

Kentucky teacher here. Voted for Beshear today. Typically leading up to elections, my left leaning friends are pretty quiet on social media but for this one it has been VERY different. I dunno if he’ll win as I sometimes fall prey to Nothing Matters but I sure as gently caress hope so. I attended one of the strikes in Frankfort with my coworkers, some of whom lean VERY far to the right. They all hate Bevin.

On our opening day this year, our superintendent announced that we will comply with our new state law saying all schools must post “In God We Trust” prominently in each school. This was met with great applause. Red meat for the base and it struck me as not a good sign for this election.

Also, due to those strikes in order for a teacher to use a sick day now we have to sign an affidavit and get it notarized. Clear retaliation by our Junior Trump Governor.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

I don't give a poo poo who is involved in the child rape ring. I want EVERY ONE OF THEM punished. I don't care if a loser political mascot is the one bringing attention to it. Good. Good for him. He did a good thing, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

Ffs
ok

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Ffs

If you want EVERY ONE OF THEM to be punished, signal boosting o'keefe is kinda counter to that goal.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ffs

James O'Keefe is more of a fascist propagandist but otherwise your very valid point stands.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jaxyon posted:

If you want EVERY ONE OF THEM to be punished, signal boosting o'keefe is kinda counter to that goal.

I'm signal boosting the lady in the video.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sublimer posted:

On our opening day this year, our superintendent announced that we will comply with our new state law saying all schools must post “In God We Trust” prominently in each school.

What the gently caress

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Sublimer posted:

Also, due to those strikes in order for a teacher to use a sick day now we have to sign an affidavit and get it notarized. Clear retaliation by our Junior Trump Governor.

what the gently caress

the fact that every single teacher in that state won't show up to vote him out is depressing as hell. I bet a scary number will vote against their own job security

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ColdPie posted:

What the gently caress

That's either a lying superintendent or an ACLU phone call

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Democrats appear to have taken the Virginia State Senate

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1191882607237185536

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm signal boosting the lady in the video.

Stopped clock or not, there are alternate sources you can post/retweet etc. One was dropped earlier up ITT.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Democrats appear to have taken the Virginia State Senate

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1191882607237185536

:sun:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Stopped clock or not, there are alternate sources you can post/retweet etc. One was dropped earlier up ITT.

Hey I don't give a poo poo, I thought I made that pretty clear.

If people can't find the guts to stand against pedophilia because the wrong person is doing it, gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1191883526603456513?s=20