Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Jerusalem posted:

Seth Rollins has lost his goddamn mind.

Surely this tweet will resonate with the fans and turn the tides on this wave of fake news that Meltzer spews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

that sucked rear end too

there has literally never been cosplay in wrestling that isn't embarrassing

What? You didn't think all the times DX or Hall and Nash dressed as other people it wasn't pure gold?

Comedy. Gold.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

quote:

Bryan: They do this match, and it just goes to a DQ when Lashley runs in and hits him with the crutch.

Dave: Yeah, yeah. So he was on crutches, and as it turned out, it was a ruse, and he was fine.

Bryan: So he didn’t tear his groin in the bedroom with Lana.

Dave: No, he didn’t. That was like...a lie.

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 5, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1191872206151680000

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good on Dave for apologizing and admitting he made a mistake.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

a class act, that dave meltzer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Here's an apology to Seth Rollins: sorry you suck

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Bryan is still going to find some way to be snarky about this tomorrow and it’s gonna be hilarious

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

"We apologize for insinuating that Seth was actually a leader in the locker room, when he was not"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I honestly hope Dave goes into an explanation as to where the story came from and why her decided to do the retraction.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Always good to see a scoopsman able to take the L and admit he was wrong.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I honestly hope Dave goes into an explanation as to where the story came from and why her decided to do the retraction.

Would it be conspiracy theory to think that Vince intentionally leaked something false so that his credibility was called into question on the entire SA plane situation?

Seriously out of all the rumors out there why is it this one Seth is super insistent on correcting?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

he will cry live on air and admit that rovert is the better man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No because that's a common anti-journalist tactic in lots of industries.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Helicity posted:

Would it be conspiracy theory to think that Vince intentionally leaked something false so that his credibility was called into question on the entire SA plane situation?

Seriously out of all the rumors out there why is it this one Seth is super insistent on correcting?

3 reasons

1)He earnestly sees himself as the face of the company and the initial story is a bad look
2)If it's true he didn't do the speech, I actually think it's fairly reasonable to lash out. Seth probably has enough stress without people saying things that are false about him
3) He's kind of a goober

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

coward

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The cowards are the ones who refuse to admit fault when they were wrong :colbert:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The cowards are the ones who refuse to admit fault when they were wrong :colbert:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jerusalem posted:

No actually those are the ones who have all the power in the world

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Powards :colbert:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1191837259399651328

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

This is the worst possible week Jericho could do this poo poo. A week it could not be easier to make AEW seem like the moral alternative to WWE and he goes and does this

I still think AEW is the relatively “moral” alternative to WWE at present, but gently caress, Jericho you drunk rear end in a top hat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

This is the worst possible week Jericho could do this poo poo. A week it could not be easier to make AEW seem like the moral alternative to WWE and he goes and does this

I still think AEW is the relatively “moral” alternative to WWE at present, but gently caress, Jericho you drunk rear end in a top hat

I promise you he thinks this will help the PPV.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaz-L posted:

guess he missed trump getting boo'd at UFC

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gaz-L posted:

I would say that I want to see this worked into the Inner Circle getting blasted into oblivion, but really, what I would want to see is AEW's performance suffer from Jericho pulling this poo poo, and that sucks.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Pollyanna posted:

I would say that I want to see this worked into the Inner Circle getting blasted into oblivion, but really, what I would want to see is AEW's performance suffer from Jericho pulling this poo poo, and that sucks.

Pony up and don't buy the PPV then, and let AEW know that's why.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Helicity posted:

God, I kinda might if it's going this way. Depends on Dynamite tomorrow and whether the podcast is Jericho being his usual self or if he's enthusiastic about it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Helicity posted:

This is exactly what I'm going to do.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
So what are the odds that someone on the inside was intentionally fed misinformation to suss out leaks? The reddit spoiler guy who posted about Seth before Dave reported it has since deleted his account. I suppose there's a chance that Dave reported something he read on reddit in 2019.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Andy Dufresne posted:

So what are the odds that someone on the inside was intentionally fed misinformation to suss out leaks?

This is more likely,

Andy Dufresne posted:

Dave reported something he read on reddit in 2019.

Than this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Andy Dufresne posted:

So what are the odds that someone on the inside was intentionally fed misinformation to suss out leaks? The reddit spoiler guy who posted about Seth before Dave reported it has since deleted his account. I suppose there's a chance that Dave reported something he read on reddit in 2019.

Dave has always said that he won't report anything if he can't get at least two independent reports, so I'm more inclined to believe he and whoever posted that thing to reddit both got it from the same place. None of which changes the fact that apparently that source/s was either lying or got it second-hand themselves, and if the latter Dave should have known better than to report on it. If the former, then he let a source/s play him which isn't good (but also not unheard of in any field of journalism).

Again, Dave apologized and retracted the story, so he's acknowledged he screwed up. This screw-up really feels like the exception rather than the rule when it comes to Dave's journalism.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 6, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dave’s used sketch sources before. It happens when you’re trying to figure out a death cult’s next move.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Andy Dufresne posted:

To fight with a Bruce Prichard fan with 5 followers on Twitter instead.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

rovert posted:

Is this the part where you goad me into saying I've dropped hundreds of stories on here and Jerusalem probates me for turning the thread into about myself? Sorry but I expect the industry-leading journalist not to lift from Wreddit and have an authoritative account of what happened in a major locker room meeting. He used to be able to deliver that.

I can post his "story" beside the Wreddit write up if you want. They are basically the same bar some editing

I believe Dave was fed bad information, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and confirm Dave does edit/summarize other things people have written sometimes. I've had a few DEFY reports snipped down and put in the Observer. While he does significant editing, I can usually see where the portions I wrote got condensed as he wrote, because the things he mentions are always in the order I mentioned them*. Since he is on friendly terms with Farmer I've operated under the expectations that he passed the summaries to Farmer for confirmation on events before publishing. I'd be interested in hearing from Farmer's side but I do not want to be identified as the person who gives the DEFY star ratings to the people running DEFY.

e: *including side comments I've made

TTBF fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 6, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TTBF posted:

I believe Dave was fed bad information, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and confirm Dave does edit/summarize other things people have written sometimes. I've had a few DEFY reports snipped down and put in the Observer. While he does significant editing, I can usually see where the portions I wrote got condensed as he wrote, because the things he mentions are always in the order I mentioned them. Since he is on friendly terms with Farmer I've operated under the expectations that he passed the summaries to Farmer for confirmation on events before publishing. I'd be interested in hearing from Farmer's side but I do not want to be identified as the person who gives the DEFY star ratings to the people running DEFY.

It happens on the indies.

I've heard from promoters complaining to me that Meltzer added lines out of nowhere that are false.

But WWE should offer a larger cross-section of verification. And is frankly more important to Meltzer's business to get correct.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

rovert posted:

To fight with a Bruce Prichard fan with 5 followers on Twitter instead.

You keep saying this poo poo as if its relevant to literally anything and it ain't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

You keep saying this poo poo as if its relevant to literally anything and it ain't.

I believe rovert's point here was that Dave expends more time and energy on engaging with random nobodies on twitter than he needs to (as very entertaining as it is), and it would be better served used for his writing instead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TTBF posted:

I believe Dave was fed bad information, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and confirm Dave does edit/summarize other things people have written sometimes. I've had a few DEFY reports snipped down and put in the Observer. While he does significant editing, I can usually see where the portions I wrote got condensed as he wrote, because the things he mentions are always in the order I mentioned them. Since he is on friendly terms with Farmer I've operated under the expectations that he passed the summaries to Farmer for confirmation on events before publishing. I'd be interested in hearing from Farmer's side but I do not want to be identified as the person who gives the DEFY star ratings to the people running DEFY.

are you able to comfortably give me an amazon gift card in order to not share this information. If you say no, or yes but i do not want to, then i will drop this line of questioning.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

All of wrestling twitter is basically engaging with nobodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

Explain

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1189378867699412992