Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mustang posted:

Moving to WA was a huge breath of fresh air. There's no way I could ever move back to the South, where I spent most of my life.

Left coast, best coast.

Oh yeah it’s insane to hear from friends that work at Ohio State about how they have to wait hours in line, when I mailed in my ballot weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SC rolled out new voting machines this year so today when I went to cast my uncontested single-race ballot for mayor there was only one machine for the entire precinct.

OTOH they'd been open for 3 hours and I was voter #5 so

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Voted straight-D in my very safe suburban VA district.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The 2020 Dem primary in a nutshell:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gracephaley/status/1191797740507938819

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that may have made me a bernie bro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also jfc gently caress off gabbard

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just voted in my local special election for alderman. Democrat running unopposed, but every vote counts :)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mustang posted:

Moving to WA was a huge breath of fresh air. There's no way I could ever move back to the South, where I spent most of my life.

Left coast, best coast.
Don't take it for granted, please. There are tons of Libertarians and Tech bros from my generation that came out of the woodwork over the past couple of years.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

That $3 is about what they cost to make.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

That's supposed to be in Rubles, so she's charging about $0.50

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

Is everything worse or are we now just able to see every detail of how the upper class is never held accountable thanks to the dumb old internet? Either way I'm with you all.

The more I learn about history the more I learn that none of this poo poo is new, we're just facing a huge cliff of end-stage capitalism and climate change this time. I really think from an evolutionary perspective we are failing as a species to perpetuate our own survival.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guess they're a little confused about the Fight For 15.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

warren be like

fifteen bucks
little man
put that poo poo in my hand
and if that money doesnt flow
then you owe me owe me owe

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OWEEEEOWEEEEEOOOOOOO

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dem just took the lead in KY gov race, according to CNN.

E: Kentucky is a close loving race right now.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 6, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i get that its fundraising but jfc bernie is using it correctly

its a weird sentiment i know but why the hell would you not be shoving signs everywhere and anywhere

why gate that poo poo to try and scrape up more fundraising

screw it blanket the town and show drivers what their neighbors think

sorry thats my old man talking from beyond the grave. he didnt make it to the Trump presidency, he loved local politics and bullshitting with everyone about anything. he was head of the local democrats and could talk the paint off a barn.

id get emails from him when i was in iraq where he'd be grumbling about local republicans trying some bullshit on budget crap. every election night i'd be at the democrat headquarters. Polls closed at 8:00, a rep from each party would drive a copy of the results to their headquarters by 8:15 and we'd talley up all the machines on a chalkboard. high fives and drinks or a stampede outside for anger smoking cigarette soon followed

idk its weird but yeah $3 a sign says a loving lot

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sorry high af right now signing off from the ce thread

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

The newest Worst Year Ever (by the same guy who does Behind the Bastards) is about Tulsi Gabbard and it’s basically just excoriating her for being a garbage person. Not at al surprised she’s charging $30 for a yard sign; just par for the course on her lovely grift.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bell_ posted:

There are tons of Libertarians and Tech bros from my generation that came out of the woodwork over the past couple of years.

Yeah these types are the future of the GOP.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The newest Worst Year Ever (by the same guy who does Behind the Bastards) is about Tulsi Gabbard and it’s basically just excoriating her for being a garbage person. Not at al surprised she’s charging $30 for a yard sign; just par for the course on her lovely grift.

Learning how she was raised in a cult was the least surprising part of that episode.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1191882607237185536

:lol:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

According to some of the replies the yard signs are closer to $15 for at cost, but just shows that 1) Bernie's got a huge small donor war chest and 2) he's investing it back into stuff that helps keep the grassroots motivated and get out the word at the community level rather than spending it all on pointless TV ad buys and consultant leeches.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hope is a lie, etc etc, buttttt

https://twitter.com/chrisjollyhale/status/1191878661651255296

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pretty much over.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1191886701410627584?s=19

Republicans still doing great in Kentucky, Bevin's just a bad politician and Beshear is a very good politician. Donnie did a rally for Bevin too, so Bevin's gonna get memory holed as not MAGA enough.

https://twitter.com/MarkAgee/status/1191887686501404673?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 6, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Beshears' father was a Kentucky governor, too. He's got coat tails to ride.

Not that I'm complaining.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the democrats have a hat trick in virginia

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Take that name out of your bowl and shove it up your rear end.

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1191889192407588864?s=19

https://twitter.com/ToddEberly/status/1191889483492450309?s=19

Anyways, Kentucky ain't blue, but fuckin lol that Donnie couldn't save Bevin.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Lee Carter also held onto his seat :toot:

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Kentucky to go blue next year based on tonight's result, but it sure as gently caress does not bode well for the GOP.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hell yeah for Lee and Danica

https://twitter.com/AlexClearfield/status/1191890599303172096

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

gently caress yeah.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i get that its fundraising but jfc bernie is using it correctly

its a weird sentiment i know but why the hell would you not be shoving signs everywhere and anywhere

why gate that poo poo to try and scrape up more fundraising

screw it blanket the town and show drivers what their neighbors think

sorry thats my old man talking from beyond the grave. he didnt make it to the Trump presidency, he loved local politics and bullshitting with everyone about anything. he was head of the local democrats and could talk the paint off a barn.

id get emails from him when i was in iraq where he'd be grumbling about local republicans trying some bullshit on budget crap. every election night i'd be at the democrat headquarters. Polls closed at 8:00, a rep from each party would drive a copy of the results to their headquarters by 8:15 and we'd talley up all the machines on a chalkboard. high fives and drinks or a stampede outside for anger smoking cigarette soon followed

idk its weird but yeah $3 a sign says a loving lot

I expect it's the difference between local and national races. Local stuff, signs are more important to getting your name out there than ads or mailers. For national stuff, I expect the word is gotten out by ads and news, and signs are more for voters to show their support.

Local races, you want as many people as possible people to have signs to get your name out, so it's an expense (and a good one) National races, your name's already out there and I guess the idea is that people will pay to show their support to support other parts of the campaign. Sort of like free baseball tickets to get people into the park, but fans will pay for shirts and ballcaps.
Still, the idea of charging for signs is weird.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

From reading earlier in the week Bevin losing KY isn't quite an indictment about Trump. Apparently dude and his admins were just tremendous assholes to everyone and burned a lot of bridges etc. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to see a D win in KY and I think Trump weakening might have played a part, but probably a pretty small part compared to Bevin shooting himself in the dick. Do we have any local KY people that know more of the story?

Good news all the same, wins a win :toot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
you can just chalk it up to Bevin being an absolute shitlord(he is) but if the R beside the name isnt good enough to carry a gigantic rear end in a top hat then the GOP could be in real trouble

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dwanyelle posted:

Are.....are you aware of Georgia politics?

My vote really DOESN'T count, yo.

Or maybe it does...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it just leaves a rotten taste in my mouth

i get the local/national disconnect, but charging anything more than ten bucks for a sheet of stencil spraypainted corrugated plastic at best and a 2 cent wire frame feels vulgar as hell

pantslesswithwolves posted:

ive gotten nothing but garbage vibes from her and the assad stuff sealed it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I get having your lips sewn to the orange rear end in a top hat of the president to get back in and continue your... whatever scam you're trying to pull, but goddamn the walk of shame you've gotta do when you've debased yourself in front of the world and it didn't even work.

I'd just call it a day and eat a bullet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you can just chalk it up to Bevin being an absolute shitlord(he is) but if the R beside the name isnt good enough to carry a gigantic rear end in a top hat then the GOP could be in real trouble

Yep.

I'm waiting to see how the Mississippi race turns out but it so happens that the Dem running for Governor there is basically just a GOP shitlord in all but his views on state medicare stuff. All of his social stuff is complete bigoted trash just like the rest of his state and constituency so I'm not sure if it really would even count as a 'win'.

Mississippi delenda est.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

That Works posted:

Yep.

I'm waiting to see how the Mississippi race turns out but it so happens that the Dem running for Governor there is basically just a GOP shitlord in all but his views on state medicare stuff. All of his social stuff is complete bigoted trash just like the rest of his state and constituency so I'm not sure if it really would even count as a 'win'.

Mississippi delenda est.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2I

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Donnie Dumbfuck put his all behind that race with his last minute Nazi MAGA rally. If I had any optimism left in me I'd hope to see his enchantment over the rest of the party break, leaving it obvious to them that the only route to political survival is to throw his dumpy, fascist rear end to the curb.

I'm doubtful of that though. Instead we'll get to hear another verse of the narcissist's prayer.