Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

They're resorting to washed up wrestlers to push his stupid book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Glumslinger posted:

I keep forgetting about this weird shitshow of constitutional edge cases we might be seeing very soon

https://twitter.com/erintothemax/status/1191901839597416448

Can a pending amendment expire?
Can states retract approval of a constitutional amendment?

Oh, and congrats

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1191902446081196032

Virginia is now a blue trifecta

Go pass some commie laws :toot:

I believe several states (Tenn?) in the 1980s did retract their support if ERA. Unless there is a new bill unrelated to the original failed bill that didn't get passed and had an expiration date.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

This guy's district is gerrymandered as hell and an example of when gerrymander fails, it fails catastrophically.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

evilweasel posted:

This means they undo the gerrymander and Republicans never win the state again. The south loses Virginia, again.

Note: I am not being snide with this question.

From a strategic standpoint, do you think that the Democrats in Virginia (or another state they win) should focus on gerrymandering the GOP out of existence or changing something that seems more inherently fair like a redistricting commission?

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1191898045115441154

the best of us, as always

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

friendbot2000 posted:

I AM DRUNK OFF MY rear end BUT WE GOT VIRGINIA GOOOOOONNNNSSSSSS! gently caress YEA. gently caress RIGHT OFF CHUDS. COME AND GET SOME!

THIS IS MY DAY MOTHERFUCKERS! I HAVE MY loving DAY!

Congratulations friend. You did a lot of work for Carter. Glad to see it pay off for ya.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'm sure the John Bel Edwards camp in Louisiana is watching this closely.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

mutata posted:

I'm stoked but I'd like KY to be called before I feel good.

Kentucky media is calling it for Beshear.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

T_d right now is better than sex

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Won Kentucky. Electoral slaughter in VA.

Jaxyon posted:

Virginia went blue on a state level, KY gov won, including one county that went trump by 45 pts in 2016

loving score!

This means that Republicans won't be able to gerrymander VA next time around AND Kentucky(!!) too, right?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

More likely they go the Illinois route and do the bidding of big business but without the odious culture war baggage.

Arent you the racist shitpile that loves genocide? Sit the gently caress down. You are out of your element. You know nothing about Virginia

Drunk Theory posted:

Congratulations friend. You did a lot of work for Carter. Glad to see it pay off for ya.

Thanks friend. We did a lot of work. Fancy and I have been in the trenches nonstop and its good to see the work pay off.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Bizarro Watt posted:

From a strategic standpoint, do you think that the Democrats in Virginia (or another state they win) should focus on gerrymandering the GOP out of existence or changing something that seems more inherently fair like a redistricting commission?

Both of those do the same thing though.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm sure the John Bel Edwards camp in Louisiana is watching this closely.

When is that election?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Interweb posted:

loving score!

This means that Republicans won't be able to gerrymander VA next time around AND Kentucky(!!) too, right?
Yes the KY Gov has a veto over gerrymandered maps

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CNN had a pip with some woman talking at a podium while some guy was clearly trying to get the microphone away from her and I have absolutely no idea what was happening there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Amazing Zimmo posted:

When is that election?

Saturday November 16th.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cr0y posted:

T_d right now is better than sex

Is it round-up-able? I'm not about to go there to see

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/ChazNuttycombe/status/1191903037641678849

e. For Virginia, that is.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i'm glad we won ANYTHING In kentucky, but VA was the one that had me sweatin'. so glad that anti-trump momentum is alive and well AND in an off year election!

it's very well possible 2020 will be a slaughterfest

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

friendbot2000 posted:

Arent you the racist shitpile that loves genocide? Sit the gently caress down. You are out of your element. You know nothing about Virginia

Don't let the Han supremacist internet trolls get you down. Congrats on your hard work and your victory!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bizarro Watt posted:

It’s a hard question but a redistributing commission should be constitutional not just a law if they take the route of redistributing. Anything else is just only disarming Democrats but not republicans.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Goon on goon love.

And context about Matt Bevin again. I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again.

He ran on getting rid of "Obamacare", specifically ending the medicaid expansion. The ACA was called Kynect in Kentucky, and it was the most successful exchange in the nation. They voted him in anyway thinking Kynect and Obamacare were different things.

Then Bevin went and screwed over the poorest people in kentucky and took their healthcare.

Then trump came in and said, "oh yeah we're gonna fix that no biggie" and they realize they're getting poo poo on. Here an article about the poorest county in kentucky. Read it it's good.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/11/19/502580120/in-depressed-rural-kentucky-worries-mount-over-medicaid-cutbacks

quote:

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, who was elected in 2015, has argued his state can't afford Medicaid in its current form. Obamacare permitted states to use federal funds to broaden Medicaid eligibility to all adults with incomes at or below 138 percent of the federal poverty level, now $11,880 for individuals. Kentucky's enrollment has doubled since late 2013 and today almost a third of its residents are in the program. The Medicaid expansion under Obamacare in Kentucky has led to one of the sharpest drops in any state's uninsured rate, to 7.5 percent in 2015 from 20 percent two years earlier.

Kentucky's achievement owed much to the success of its state-run exchange, Kynect, in promoting new coverage options under the health law. Kynect was launched under Bevin's Democratic predecessor, Steve Beshear, and dismantled by Bevin this year.

Bevin has threatened to roll back the expansion if the Obama administration doesn't allow him to make major changes, such as requiring Kentucky's beneficiaries to pay monthly premiums of $1 to $37.50 and require nondisabled recipients to work or do community service for free dental and vision care.

Want that abscess looked at? Go pick up trash. Anyway he rolled it back.

And here's an angry analysis article to wash it down.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a50874/clay-county-kentucky-healthcare-trump/

Bevin was a UNIQUE piece of poo poo who will almost certainly leave for a consulting job tomorrow and never set foot in kentucky again. They need to keep the coal mines open just long enough for them to toss him into one and seal the entrance.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao get loving rekt, Trumpies. Just jump ship already you idiots. On second thought don't, I love this poo poo.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes the KY Gov has a veto over gerrymandered maps

good poo poo

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Both of those do the same thing though.

In California they did, though I don't think that necessarily means it would happen elsewhere. There were also a bit of wacky hijinks the CA Dems did to make sure they were favored by the redistricting commission, though none of it was backdoor dealing or anything.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Is this the guy Obama snubbed?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

wet_goods posted:

Is this the guy Obama snubbed?

It is indeed friend! won by 7 point margin

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1191906961190739969

loving hell Dems are slaughtering in Virginia

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I'm phone posting and reddit copy paste is garbage but this whole thread is lovely;

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/ds7coq/results_kentucky_and_mississippi_gubernatorial/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I believe several states (Tenn?) in the 1980s did retract their support if ERA. Unless there is a new bill unrelated to the original failed bill that didn't get passed and had an expiration date.

Can't retract an amendment.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

TD reacts

quote:

blues are getting bluer while reds are getting purple. republicans are useless
-
gently caress CUCKERTARIANS THOUGH
May as well be hardcore Antifa's
-
If Republicans don't take back control of atleast 50% of the media, this country is hosed. Right now 95% of the media is run by the dems. Let's not mention the fact that dems own big tech, educational institutions and hollywood.
Do you really think CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, Wapo and hundreds of other media outlets have no influence over people?
Every late night show actively promotes democrats. That poo poo sways elections. You wouldn't have to worry about all other factors when you stop the leftist brainwashing.
-
There’s a bright side to this... if KY goes blue, it wakes up the lazy republicans to get out in 2020
-
People want to vote to be slaves it's crazy, not me buddy.
-
Beshear declared winner... Fellow Kentucky pedes stock up on second amendment accessories tomorrow morning because little Andy is coming for them. Goodnight all... we won every down ticket but we just couldn’t get passed how hated Bevin was. Pray for our state and our country.
-
It's time to send Libertarian traitors to GITMO. drat you, bastards!
-
Messing with teachers pension was a stupid rear end move by Bevin.... Sucks for our amazing president. Feels bad man
-
Get ready to fight in 2020. We should have won easily tonight if as many people were awake as we hoped. The time for hope is gone. Be ready Pedes
-
Every urban city will nullify everyone in every state eventually. Make no mistake about it. Every state will have 1 to 3 blue dots and there goes the state. Frustrating!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Bevin losing seems to be more of a uniquely a Bevin problem, and not a Kentucky wide blue wave. That said, Trump’s very existence seems to draw people out to the polls. If there were anyone else in the White House tonight, a lot of non-conservatives wouldn’t even know there were elections today.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1191906961190739969

loving hell Dems are slaughtering in Virginia

This is my district and I’m so loving happy about this.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/campbellnyt/status/1191905866762653697

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Can't wait to see which other VA Dems wore blackface

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TyrantWD posted:

Bevin losing seems to be more of a uniquely a Bevin problem, and not a Kentucky wide blue wave. That said, Trump’s very existence seems to draw people out to the polls. If there were anyone else in the White House tonight, a lot of non-conservatives wouldn’t even know there were elections today.

It goes both ways. There was massive turnout among R's too.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Just saw that Virginia dunked all over the republicans extremely hard and that's the good poo poo I need from the comrades across the pond, good job! Kentucky governor is just icing on the cake.

Between last year's midterms and tonight, if the Dems can actually put up a decent candidate with a positive message and campaign next year it could be a slaughter of absolutely catalcysmic proportions.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

At this rate, 2020 feels like it's going to be a very therapeutic year. We have momentum, let's get some good work done with it!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

trump's overwhelming popularity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is gonna tweet some really stupid poo poo tomorrow.