Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress you Bevin I hope you rot in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I dunno, but the AP has alerted me to the existence of (Republican) VA Statehouse candidate Gaydonna Vandergriff.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 6, 2019

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/1191906593786363904?s=21

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Otteration posted:

"I wonder if there's ever been a time where so much political identity has been centered on one person."

Barack Obama?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Never said you were.

That's great, perhaps the US can gently caress off then and let the people who live there teach capital and their mercenary lackeys a lesson without the CIA, NED, and a half dozen other regime change outlets show up and coup leftist leaders?

Translation: “I don’t give two shits about whatever horrors befall Central Americans as long as the US stays out of it. Let’s ignore them the same way we ignored central Africa. I prefer a US that walks away from its messes same as a Trumpster does, except I call it leftism.”

A home-grown leftist insurrection ain’t gonna be unseating the gangs any time soon.

My last school wasn’t just majority-minority, it was literally 70%+ El Salvadoran immigrants and the children of El Salvadoran immigrants. I had kids who literally lost siblings and parents to cartel violence, kids who saw family members and acquaintances violently killed, tortured, or sexually assaulted- or experienced assault or torture themselves.

I had kids with carte-blanche “trauma privileges” who could literally peace out of class to the counseling office whenever they needed to.

You can go ahead and fall off your high horse. And then get trampled by it.

cr0y posted:

T_d right now is better than sex

Rollllllllllllll That Beautiful Bean Footage

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bevin didn't have the support among republicans that Trump does.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Also watch Bevins/Trump start yelling about voter fraud

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Zwabu posted:

Fox News is portraying it as "AP has just reversed their calling the race to too close to call" and emphasizing Bevins not conceding. Is the bit about AP true? I couldn't tell looking at AP's site.

Even if one candidate doesn't concede why don't the news orgs call it when all the votes are in and counted?

It's a 5,000+ vote margin out of 1.4 million votes cast. Florida was <1,000 and it had almost 6 million cast. A recount ain't gonna change the election.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SovietSergey/status/1191912566345351168
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1191921790374891520

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The DSA in MI got trounced

Can you talk more about this?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tuff Scrote posted:

Also watch Bevins/Trump start yelling about voter fraud

Bevin is already refusing to conceded and making noises about busses and such.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:ironicat:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but couldn’t put it into words. “Oh the KY race can’t really be extrapolated because that was a candidate who had a ton of controversy had was uniquely hated across a huge swath of people.” Hmmm

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Translation: “I don’t give two shits about whatever horrors befall Central Americans as long as the US stays out of it. Let’s ignore them the same way we ignored central Africa. I prefer a US that walks away from its messes same as a Trumpster does, except I call it leftism.”

People also often confuse lack of government policy with lack of US role. Often times it just means that the most unscrupulous capitalists do whatever drat they want.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wow, both Tucker and Fabio are really confused about what the hell Fabio is doing there.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I voted tonight at a place that had a bunch of tarantulas in captivity in the same room. Pretty cool.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fool_of_sound posted:

What is it with the busing conspiracy every single election

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

fool_of_sound posted:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1191916940203352064

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arist posted:

Soros bringing in paid voters :freep:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bizarro Watt posted:

Yeah I was gonna ask, my MI ballot had a single ballot initiative on it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

fool_of_sound posted:

Soros bringing in paid voters :freep:

There would have to be hundreds of buses from out of state to even make a 0.1% difference. Where would they have bused people in from? Ohio?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Arist posted:

Use and abuse a talking point that works until it doesnt, then say you never backed such a position and move on to a new one.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Also Friendbot and Fancy, you guys rule, soak in that victory tonight, you worked hard and earned it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

They're just gonna do this for every race they lose now I guess

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

Roy Moore never conceded, it doesn’t matter.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also Friendbot and Fancy, you guys rule, soak in that victory tonight, you worked hard and earned it.

This for days, you two have done amazing work! Your posts have been highlights for me and your dedication have come to fruition tonight.

You both have inspired me with every post you make and I Hope to work some of that magic in Indiana next year as well.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Roy Moore never conceded, it doesn’t matter.

As long as it is ratified, which the SoS in Kentucky did, it doesnt loving matter. Plus Candidates have to fund recounts out of their own pocket in KY so lolololol get hosed

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Seconded

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Barack Obama?

A home-grown leftist insurrection ain’t gonna be unseating the gangs any time soon.

My last school wasn’t just majority-minority, it was literally 70%+ El Salvadoran immigrants and the children of El Salvadoran immigrants. I had kids who literally lost siblings and parents to cartel violence, kids who saw family members and acquaintances violently killed, tortured, or sexually assaulted- or experienced assault or torture themselves.

I had kids with carte-blanche “trauma privileges” who could literally peace out of class to the counseling office whenever they needed to.

You can go ahead and fall off your high horse. And then get trampled by it.

take a quick look at what the Salvador Option is, who did it, to where, and how many times. then guess who put those cartels in place.

there is a reason there are a lot of Salvadoran refugees in America. we put in an awful lot of work to make the place they lived.... ah, what is the preferred euphemism.... "business-friendly."

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

And I welcome their invitations to post the corncob quote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

friendbot2000 posted:

As long as it is ratified, which the SoS in Kentucky did, it doesnt loving matter. Plus Candidates have to fund recounts out of their own pocket in KY so lolololol get hosed

yea the fox crowd will crow over this for a while but if the SoS ratifies the election he's got nothing but a big old pit to dump his money into in which case go right ahead and enjoy it dude.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Bizarro Watt posted:

A lot of energy went into a mayoral and city council race in Ferndale to no effect. An endorsed good lefty did finally win a seat on city council elsewhere in metro Detroit though.

E; shouldn't say no effect, outreach is good, and only a few thousand people voted, but it was lopsided in favor of more luxury condos and restaurants

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 6, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mcmagic posted:

Bevin didn't have the support among republicans that Trump does.

also yea while it is funny to dunk on republicans, it IS important to remember while this is a good core sample of the ~TrUmP bUmP~'s usefulness rapidly decreasing, you can't read a ton into Trump in this just because Trump's the cult head and Bevin was merely a disciple.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Whoops. We got it all wrong about the KY gov race.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Here are the districts that the Dems flipped in the VA HoD:

and my favorite

look at that fuckin gerrymandering
we can do something about that now

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
https://twitter.com/noUpside/status/1191922176225497088

Libertarians, man.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

just straight chaotic neutral. i can tolerate libertarians who aren’t just closet republicans

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Youth Decay posted:

Here are the districts that the Dems flipped in the VA HoD:

and my favorite

look at that fuckin gerrymandering
we can do something about that now

poo poo, none of those would crack the NC top 5 most gerrymandered districts.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"We will just gently caress with you, because we can"

Sometimes the existence of chaotic evil is a bad thing for lawful evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Why is it always down to these comically tiny margins though

Why are we split so freakishly down the middle as a populace

It's a mathematical inevitability with first past the post voting. Voters quickly realize how to vote strategically, so what happens is you get two parties of the most important issues clumped together semi-randomly that oscillate back and forth (and a bunch of disaffected voters)