Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think by law if you take over Wayne Tower you control all the Wayne money.

I'm just assuming that it's operating on the same logic that Flash is. STAR Labs hasn't been operational for 6 years now or at least in any profitable manner, and yet Barry and co. never have to worry about money to keep the lights on or upkeep on all their fancy equipment. To quote my main man Todd Howard, "It just works."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

Are either Kate or her father billionaires? Running a security company seems solidly in the millionaire range. Kate seems to be doing the socialite thing, but until she said she was going to do that housing thing, she seemed pretty disowned and not rich.

I'm pretty sure that, at least in the comic universe, the Kanes are old money just like the Waynes are, so even if Jacob isn't making billions with the Crows, he's got plenty to fall back on. That said, there's not even a Crows in comics, so we know comparatively little about this set of Kanes.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just assuming that it's operating on the same logic that Flash is. STAR Labs hasn't been operational for 6 years now or at least in any profitable manner, and yet Barry and co. never have to worry about money to keep the lights on or upkeep on all their fancy equipment. To quote my main man Todd Howard, "It just works."

Don't forget, you can ignore the giant hole in the side of the building too!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 6, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Wells/Thawne left Barry a fuckload of cash.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Wells/Thawne left Barry a fuckload of cash.

I've stated several times now that Cisco is actually still Flashpoint rich and just quietly keeping the place afloat with his Scrooge McDuck money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, is he really? Thawne left Barry a video diary confessing to killing his mom and leaving him flashbucks.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Barry is actually living off his dad's wrongful imprisonment settlement.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Wait, is he really? Thawne left Barry a video diary confessing to killing his mom and leaving him flashbucks.

Thawne confessing and leaving Barry all his criminal money is the canon explanation, yes. I just like to joke that Cisco is still rich because it makes more sense than anything Thawne did actually legally flying.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think by law if you take over Wayne Tower you control all the Wayne money.

That is literally how business works in the DCCW universe. Remember how Oliver Queen had tons of money and owned at least a good chunk of his family's business and then he got voted out as CEO and suddenly had no money?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

oh jay posted:

Are either Kate or her father billionaires? Running a security company seems solidly in the millionaire range. Kate seems to be doing the socialite thing, but until she said she was going to do that housing thing, she seemed pretty disowned and not rich.

Step-mom owns a major defense contractor, right? She'd certainly be a multi billionaire.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Tiggum posted:

That is literally how business works in the DCCW universe. Remember how Oliver Queen had tons of money and owned at least a good chunk of his family's business and then he got voted out as CEO and suddenly had no money?

Then Felicity got fired as the owner of Palmertech.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Then Ray Palmer came back briefly and could barely make it as a programmer for a dating app.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Mary is carrying this show so much for me right now, it's not even funny.

Everyone else is either too boring or too dumb AND boring.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Luke is also good. The Kane family drama is too much, give me a few villains of the week.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

At this point they should just have all the Kanes, Alice included, die in an explosion and let Mary become Batwoman

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

great big cardboard tube posted:

At this point they should just have all the Kanes, Alice included, die in an explosion and let Mary become Batwoman

Mary would tell the whole world she was Batwoman on Instagram and then get killed three days later by the Penguin.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Not true, she already does the double life thing better than Kate with her secret hospital.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Not true, she already does the double life thing better than Kate with her secret hospital.

Kate barely even has a regular life. How would she even have a double life?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

And yet her ex already knows she's batwoman... Wow, Kate kinda sucks at this

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And yet her ex already knows she's batwoman... Wow, Kate kinda sucks at this

I think given the circumstances, the only way she would not have figured out she was Batwoman was if Kate just let her die. So I count that one as kind of a Free Space on the Bingo board. Everyone else who ferrets out that she’s Batwoman, like her latest one-night stand kind of did, that’s all on Kate being a dipshit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

I think given the circumstances, the only way she would not have figured out she was Batwoman was if Kate just let her die. So I count that one as kind of a Free Space on the Bingo board. Everyone else who ferrets out that she’s Batwoman, like her latest one-night stand kind of did, that’s all on Kate being a dipshit.

Yea Kate pretty much has either tracking Alice as Kate, or fighting Alice as Batwoman. I cannot imagine someone tuning in to watch what they probably expect to be a Batman show, you know, solving crimes and punching people with mental illness but that's not an excuse on why they murdered an entire audience of Hamilton, but they getting mostly family drama and very little Bat action.

Kate should be taking over some aspect of Wayne Enterprises, maybe its many charities and creating that persona that hides her Batwoman activities. This single minded focus on Alice and the family is really frustrating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's starting that real estate thing to help poors. That's cool right?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I was joking of course when I suggested that but the more I think about it the more firmly I believe it would actually work. Make it the season finale.

I'd much rather watch Mary as she struggles with keeping med school, Instagram stardom, clashing with a supervillain mom, and being Batwoman together than Kate being Kate and chasing Alice every week.

The sudden death of her stepfather and stepsister, the previous batwoman, work as motivation for her to put on the suit.

We'd also get drunk batwoman eating pizza and that's very relatable to me as a viewer.

Hire me CW.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This whole season is worse than Inhumans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoooooooooa, that's harsh.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

Hey, nobody's parents have been literally killed by teen angst yet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Pillowpants posted:

Nobody got depowered by a haircut.

Edit: or depowered by a concussion.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pillowpants posted:

This is nuts, Batwoman isn't even Legends season one bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something the show definitely needs to do though is have Kate take on someone that doesn't involve Alice at all. Its just getting kind of oppressive to have everything tied back to her.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McSpanky posted:

Hey, nobody's parents have been literally killed by teen angst yet.

I just wanted to say that I know we weren't supposed to laugh when teenaged Blackbolt said "WHYYYY!" and vaporized two people but it was hilarious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Something the show definitely needs to do though is have Kate take on someone that doesn't involve Alice at all. Its just getting kind of oppressive to have everything tied back to her.

Wasnt that Thomas Elliott?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Wasnt that Thomas Elliott?

And magpie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was still an Alice heavy episode.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think what bothers me about this show is how much of a regression it feels like. Right back past Arrow and Smallville to Birds of Prey. It just smacks of late 90s/early 2000s made-for-syndication schlock. It would feel right at home being broadcast on a Saturday afternoon on Showcase alongside Cleopatra 2525, Relic Hunter, and Mortal Kombat: Conquest.

Which, like, isn’t bad in and of itself, it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the Arrowverse shows.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phylodox posted:

I think what bothers me about this show is how much of a regression it feels like. Right back past Arrow and Smallville to Birds of Prey. It just smacks of late 90s/early 2000s made-for-syndication schlock. It would feel right at home being broadcast on a Saturday afternoon on Showcase alongside Cleopatra 2525, Relic Hunter, and Mortal Kombat: Conquest.

Which, like, isn’t bad in and of itself, it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the Arrowverse shows.

I quit watching Arrow and Flash last season and, thanks to how they are handling Lena, I've stopped watching Supergirl. Black Lightning and Batwoman are the only two Arrowverse shows I watch right now. I will watch Legends when it is back in rotation.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

I quit watching Arrow and Flash last season and, thanks to how they are handling Lena, I've stopped watching Supergirl. Black Lightning and Batwoman are the only two Arrowverse shows I watch right now. I will watch Legends when it is back in rotation.

Arrow is phenomenal this year. You really should watch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pillowpants posted:

Arrow is phenomenal this year. You really should watch.

Flash is also very good this year (for Flash). Supergirl kinda blows though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I always feel broke brained coming in for season 1 of shows because I'm all "I really like this I think it's gonna be even better once it gets its footing :)" and the rest of the thread is going "THIS SUCKS CANCEL IT YESTERDAY BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"

idgi but it does make me laugh so

ty

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LongDarkNight posted:

Luke is also good. The Kane family drama is too much, give me a few villains of the week.

this is what's really killing it for me, the bat family has such fun villains and the entire conflict in this show is the most boring family drama possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're probably restricting the villains until they decide if they're going to bring Batman proper into the Arrowverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

Arrow is good this season. It's basically a greatest hits season where they're distilling most of the best stuff to put on the show. The lowest part of the season atm is some of the angst from the Future Arrow team, but it's been running as a parallel B plot to Ollie's A plot.