Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

E the Shaggy posted:

E: Lol God drat
Omae wa mou shindeiru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just echoing the savagery that those filings were.

Also a new filing

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1191784363513520128?s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fuckin :laffo:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah the filing's been on the drive for a few hours, great read
https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1191628927300784129

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 5, 2019

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1191830083457241096?s=21

:allbuttons:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah cost awards like that are one of the many, many reasons why you don't want to go and start stupid lawsuits that are doomed to fail.

I've had clients want to go after dumb lawsuits and I've clearly told them no, using the fact that judges will destroy you in fees for pursuing stupid lawsuits.

I've never used pictures right in my briefs though. I'd attach them as appendices, but it's not the worst stylistic choice.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1191831271091179520
:yum:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm dancing like Odolwa with every tweet

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I took 5 minutes to make a spreadsheet on how much he owes.

The rough total is $970, 379 proposed in payouts to defendants before consideration of his the plaintiff's own attorney fees.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1191892243902324736?s=21

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

is this allowed in Texas? I thought in most courts you had to ask?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Beard hasn't officially quit or been removed from the case they think he is being sidelined and told to go sit in the corner and be quiet basically.

I think it would be very unusual to have a situation where you hire new council and cut out your old council but well Vic is a unicorn.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 6, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hub Cat posted:

Beard hasn't officially quit or been removed from the case they think he is being sidelined and told to go sit in the corner and be quiet basically.

Beard: "Third quarter with a substitution." (Probably)

Edit: We can figure it's like Vic has never been told much about the case he's actually trying to make, but now I wonder how much Beard's firm knew about all of this.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 6, 2019

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

The answer is way too much, there is a pic of all of them at the office from the night of the hellfiling which of course I can't find now.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I just keep thinking of him saying "Halftime!" as the situation keeps worsening for him and it just makes me chuckle EVERY TIME.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I just keep thinking of him saying "Halftime!" as the situation keeps worsening for him and it just makes me chuckle EVERY TIME.

Fulltime Consequences

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Kiwis have worked themselves into quite the rage over Times Up supporting Marchi.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Got some juicy quotes? It's exhausting going through all the lies they tell themselves at times.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

Got some juicy quotes? It's exhausting going through all the lies they tell themselves at times.

Its pretty boring

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In one of those weird coincidences I was listening to some old episodes of Anime World Order and as far back as 2009 it was an open story Vic went about cons being a groping lech. 2009!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's been an open secret for a long time, people just kinda lived with it because it was a different time and also Vic was kinda not that prominent in works for most of the 10s.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. As I've mentioned before, everyone knew Vic was a creep for years. Check out this (now deleted, so this is from the wayback machine) ANN article about Vic.

quote:

Convention guests who are creepy towards their fans need to be reported to the convention. But that's their business, not yours. You don't know why they act the way that they do, and you can't know if the stories you've heard have been puffed up or elaborated. There are undoubtedly whole dimensions to these people you have not considered. It is not your responsibility to play moral police, and you don't have the information needed to be fair about it anyway.

quote:

And what would happen, should that campaign succeed, and said voice actor gets drummed out of the industry? They sure as hell aren't going to have a magical moment and say, "you know, I was wrong. I learned something today." Nobody does that after being attacked. They get angry. They dig in their heels. Suddenly, they're victims, and standing up to the bullies is their "cause." They might not actually attack you back, or start a feud, but it'd be a chip on their shoulder that follows them around for years. Things don't get better, they get worse.

quote:

. But a good amount of "activism" these days, particularly on the internet, isn't about supporting the good guys. It's about finding the bad guys and vilifying them, destroying their careers/personal lives/reputations/legal standing until there's nothing left.

poo poo like this is why it took so long to kick this guy. People were handwringing like crazy at the thought of someone facing consequences for literally anythig.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dawgstar posted:

The Kiwis have worked themselves into quite the rage over Times Up supporting Marchi.

It's always funny about how they frame themselves to just 'look and laugh' when they're clearly screaming, throwing their drinks at the screen and telling everybody's home address.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It's always funny about how they frame themselves to just 'look and laugh' when they're clearly screaming, throwing their drinks at the screen and telling everybody's home address.

And also how the only thing that gets Null upset enough to delete threads is people doxxing him. Dish it out, but can't take it.

A couple of things - first we have Vic going for full sympathy ploy:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192171018250543105

With a dash of trying to hide his assets.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192173121413013505

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OJ got away with the financial circus

How likely will Vic

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

OJ hired competent lawyers

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Also I think Vic is probably too stupid to follow rules he doesn't like, even if it prevents him a million dollar fine.

EDIT: Does anyone know where the breakdown of relief requested by Vic is (where did 5 mil come from)? It's not in the original complaint.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 6, 2019

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The paper trail

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/1192195250447630337?s=21

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly i kind of believe that video in the sense of vic probably got hyped up and talked into it by the two dumbass lawyers and regretted it almost immediately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but he still deserves all of this sooo

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Aw poo poo #kickvic, he discovered the One Trick Winning Defendants Hate! Sucks to be you!!!!

Why hasn't anyone ever tried something so fiendishly clever and original before, you ask? Only the razor-sharp legal mind of Ty Beard and his fellows could have come up with this idea!

Vic practically moved his house to Switzerland with three pages of paper!!! Suck it, SJWs, Vic just keeps on winning over and over!!!!!!!!

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017

SoftNum posted:

Also I think Vic is probably too stupid to follow rules he doesn't like, even if it prevents him a million dollar fine.

EDIT: Does anyone know where the breakdown of relief requested by Vic is (where did 5 mil come from)? It's not in the original complaint.

The 5 mil came from the 1st Amended Petition

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYMemgdgG-K_cNiN3CB4oL19lYqNGeSi/view?usp=drivesdk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Love the balls on a rapist saying they want to be left alone.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

honestly i kind of believe that video in the sense of vic probably got hyped up and talked into it by the two dumbass lawyers and regretted it almost immediately.

Yeah, as much as I believe Vic is a dirtbag, I also 100% believe he got swindled into this whole ordeal and was a victim of his own ego keeping him in a bubble, never fully realizing what the consequences of his actions were going to be or really any of the finer details in what was going down in his name essentially.

I don't really feel sorry for Vic though, since this is probably the closest form of justice that he can face for his actions though.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I'm not sure Vic was talking about his lawyers in that video, it starts on an awkward cut and if you watch the first part he is talking about his accusers so I think he is referring to the defendants as bad friends using him.

https://twitter.com/victorv53505110/status/1191888354562002944?s=21

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Julias posted:

Yeah, as much as I believe Vic is a dirtbag, I also 100% believe he got swindled into this whole ordeal and was a victim of his own ego keeping him in a bubble, never fully realizing what the consequences of his actions were going to be or really any of the finer details in what was going down in his name essentially.

I don't really feel sorry for Vic though, since this is probably the closest form of justice that he can face for his actions though.

My only hope is that Beard also gets handled roughly with sanctions and perhaps (though apparently a real long shot) a malpractice suit.

Actually, add finding evidence that Rekeita provided legal advice to Vic and getting raked over the coals for that would be pretty damned great too.

poo poo, while I'm wishing for a pony, let's add a RICO case with a dash of wire fraud against the three of them based on the GFM scam comprising an ongoing criminal enterprise, ending in a Federal prison term where they share the same cell due to overcrowding. What? I can dream!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hub Cat posted:

I'm not sure Vic was talking about his lawyers in that video, it starts on an awkward cut and if you watch the first part he is talking about his accusers so I think he is referring to the defendants as bad friends using him.

https://twitter.com/victorv53505110/status/1191888354562002944?s=21

Yeah-in context it's pretty clear he's doing the same bullshit defense tapdance/victim blaming that he's always done, but my point that Vig was taken advantage of still stands.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Waffleman_ posted:

Love the balls on a rapist saying they want to be left alone.

He's probably going to try to create a 'let's move on together' kind of faux-positive atmosphere even when he crashed, burned and has to pay up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I love the fact that he thinks his name has the same cache it had like ten years ago. Fullmetal Alchemist was loooooong ago, boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao gently caress off he's only regretting this because he lost, if he had successfully enacted retribution on someone using the legal system he would be crowing to high heaven