Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress you if you dont love the original Highlander soundtrack.

That’s different. How can you *not*?

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrre we arrrrrrrrrrre...”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I was so happy when I heard the forthcoming Highlander reboot movies are being directed by John Wick guy and he's keeping the Queen soundtrack. I still think Highlander is a great idea whose actual media has not captured the full potential of yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Imagined posted:

forthcoming Highlander reboot movies

:negative:

Imagined posted:

directed by John Wick guy

:frogon:

Imagined posted:

he's keeping the Queen soundtrack

:getin:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:same:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

iospace posted:

Turn your monitor on

Oh no, the F1 thread is leaking

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

T-Square posted:

Oh no, the F1 thread is leaking

It's just not up to operating temp yet.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

boxen posted:

It's just not up to operating temp yet.

That’s a different thread.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I saw Highlander 2 at a 7:00 showing with a bunch of friends on opening night. We got out and walked past the line to the next showing saying how much it sucked. Then went back to the dorm and told anyone who would listen, especially the guys who couldn't make it, how much it sucked.

Car related content: we were packed in 5 to a tiny hatchback.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw 3 and 4 in the theater, 5 I had to :filez: because it was so bad it would never get a theatrical release.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Today I found out about a one-off Japanese race car designed by a famous American designer.

The 1967 Peter Brock designed (yes, he of the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray, 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350 and the 1965 FIA GT Championship winning Shelby Daytona Coupe.) Hino Samurai.

Look at that booty :allears:

It apparently had a fairly troubled development period, the car would run well and then poo poo the bed. They eventually got the issues sorted (engine, brakes, suspension) and

quote:

For the next four years the Samurai never failed to finish less than fifth with a total of over twenty-five first and about half again as many second place finishes, with two class championships.

https://mycarquest.com/2019/07/the-hino-bre-samurai-race-car-lost-but-not-forgotten.html
https://www.carmrades-blog.com/all-articles/2016/9/8/bushido-curse-1967-bre-hino-samurai

Also shout out to the Hino Contessa, the first Hino car, a water-cooled rear engined cutey...

The 1300 Coupe was designed by none other than Giovanni Michelotti, the man who designed a whole bunch of beautiful cars like the Alpine 110, Maserati 3500, Ferrari 250 (a bunch of the variations), THE FERRARI DAYTONA, Triumph GT6, BMW 2002 (and is the father of the design language that made 80s BMWs so handsome...)

Michelotti also designed the Contessa 900 Sprint. #cambergang

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm beginning to understand the JDM craze now...the fanbois just aren't going back far enough.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Dagen H posted:

I'm beginning to understand the JDM craze now...the fanbois just aren't going back far enough.

The problem is all that old stuff is exceedingly rare and eye wateringly expensive.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

ĂÂ¢Ă‘Â€Ă¸ Ă¿Ă¾Ă»ĂÂ¾Ă‘ÂĂºĂ¸,
трø Ă¿Ă¾ трø Ă¿Ă¾Ă»ĂÂ¾Ă‘ÂĂºĂ¸
Had a poo poo day so im gonna make myself feel better by posting the Alfa 164 pro car.
I wish car makers were still cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQjy81qb2c

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^^^holy poo poo

I loving love hillclimb cars

https://youtu.be/tgcnEocwFNU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
3.0 CSL

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol gently caress whoever put those terrible chrome fender things on

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
The passenger had a man-bun, so

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/pinto/2140730.html

This looks awesome but lol $15k pinto

BraveUlysses posted:

lol gently caress whoever put those terrible chrome fender things on

That would be BMW

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
The Bimmer Batmobile never really caught my eye in that "ohgodohgoditssobeautifulivegottohaveone" sense.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

make it 4 wheel drive with some beefy tires and i would drive it to the gates of valhalla.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Powershift posted:

make it 4 wheel drive with some beefy tires and i would drive it to the gates of valhalla.

While smoking a pipe and saying things like "pip pip cheerio my good man".

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Powershift posted:

The hood ornament says it's a Packard. Some GISing suggests it's about a '27 or so.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

and a 12v92ta.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Never posted in this thread but I took my 94 skyline out for it’s first night drive and snapped this pic with my ancient iPhone 6, thought it was pretty cool.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

If Cruella De Ville could off-road hers with skinny tires and rwd, could I do any less?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Phy posted:

If Cruella De Ville could off-road hers with skinny tires and rwd, could I do any less?

approach and departure angles are top notch, but the breakover angle is killer.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

everdave posted:

Never posted in this thread but I took my 94 skyline out for it’s first night drive and snapped this pic with my ancient iPhone 6, thought it was pretty cool.

Post more pictures already. Jesus.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

:chanpop:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Powershift posted:

approach and departure angles are top notch, but the breakover angle is killer.

That's where speed comes in.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

boxen posted:

While smoking a pipe and saying things like "pip pip cheerio my good man".

*Checks avatar*

Close enough.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwXvNKmkng

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

God I want one of the olde tymey cares.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
So, I don't have a source for this that's not :filez:, but for anyone who likes goofy engine designs, look for a book called "Some Unusual Engines" by an author with the last name of Setright.

It was written in 1975 and has been out of print for I don't know how long, but it's full of interesting and oddball internal-combustion engine designs that were tried over the years. I was talking to some coworkers today about goofy designs. In the past I found where some dude uploaded it to his website, but if you ever find a copy, check it out.

Excerpt:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The caption cuts off before it gets to the good part.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

boxen posted:

So, I don't have a source for this that's not :filez:, but for anyone who likes goofy engine designs, look for a book called "Some Unusual Engines" by an author with the last name of Setright.

It was written in 1975 and has been out of print for I don't know how long, but it's full of interesting and oddball internal-combustion engine designs that were tried over the years. I was talking to some coworkers today about goofy designs. In the past I found where some dude uploaded it to his website, but if you ever find a copy, check it out.

Excerpt:

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

The caption cuts off before it gets to the good part.

Gotta keep 'em hungry.

:cool::hf::cool:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So what was the intended focus of the engine?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

So what was the intended focus of the engine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpBGsFddao

Seriously:

I had a dream the other night about a two stroke engine, where the crankshaft was one side of a supercharger, and the pistons looked like roller lifters acting on the lobes of the supercharger. I can't for the life if me figure out why there wouldn't be two banks of cylinders, each acting on their own lobe, but i guess it's because one impeller turns backwards and you would need the pistons on the other side of it, like a boxer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

That truck should be what Optimus Prime transforms into