Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Mantling V2 is in then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zushio posted:

Why the hell do I have Croteam and Crytek mixed up in my head.

I do the same all the time, somehow its confusing even though it probably shouldn't be

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean, full-stop I'm definitely a turbonerd.

But I'm a fun turbonerd, who once owned a motorcycle.

How fast do I need to nerd, to be a turbo nerd?

I often refer to my push bike as a twin turbo because of because of the engines pushing it... Do I qualify?

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 6, 2019

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Then...

Now...

Sean Tracy is the Technical Director of Content in CIG Los Angeles.

:laffo:

Sean Tracy is the Technical Debt Director of CIG Los Angeles.

Fixed

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 6, 2019

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
A tale of two subreddits...

Why do you support Star Citizen?

Why have you stopped supporting it?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
jobbo, you do not undestand joke development. it's super-cool to do those “everyone else“ vs “me“ meme-jokes.
but lets hear out data from star trekizen about the essence of humor:

A joke is "a witticism, a gag, a bon mot, a fluctuation of words concluding with a trick ending." (TNG: "The Outrageous Okona") It can also be described as "a story with a humorous climax." (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home) Or as "a verbal comment or gesture designed to provoke laughter." (VOY: "Drone").

here is data's try on stand-up comedy:

"This gentleman went to see his surgeon and was informed that he needed an operation.
The man thought about that and then said, "I would like a second opinion."
The doctor said, "Okay, you are ugly too"."

thats pretty funny if you ask me (which you didnt). but lets have a look at the vulcans.

According to Leonard McCoy, Vulcans don't tell jokes. (TAS: "Yesteryear"). In 2268, Ensign Pavel Chekov reported that the Enterprise would be only one parsec away from a Klingon outpost, "close enough to smell them". As Commander Spock explained that odours cannot travel through the vacuum of space, Chekov claimed it was "just a little joke". Spock replied, "Extremely little".

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 6, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beexoffel posted:

The new Overwatch game has a Pusher Robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuwivoOHVE&t=117s

Overwatch 2? That's a gamble. The first game is still going strong and people have a lot of time and money invested in it. I wonder how many will move to the new version. They risk fracturing the playerbase.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A couple of people in the /r/sc thread pulling the "AAA devs just pumping out rubbish" line.

I wonder in what reality these people live? There is always trash being pushed out, always has been, including some trash pushed out by CR in his time, but there are also many great games being actually released every year, both by AAA and indie devs. Meanwhile, CIG, number of delivered games: 0.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Agony Aunt posted:

Overwatch 2? That's a gamble. The first game is still going strong and people have a lot of time and money invested in it. I wonder how many will move to the new version. They risk fracturing the playerbase.

It might be Overwatch 2[.0] reason being Overwatch 1 will be getting all the new modes while 2 is just the PVE stuff.

In the end it might just be a gated DLC like Destiny2 Shadowkeep

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's a PvE expansion.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall posted:

It might be Overwatch 2[.0] reason being Overwatch 1 will be getting all the new modes while 2 is just the PVE stuff.

In the end it might just be a gated DLC like Destiny2 Shadowkeep

Ah, that would make sense.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IronicDongz posted:

It's a PvE expansion.

Thanks. They have done PvE modes for a while now. As i recall, didn't Overwatch actually start out life as a PvE during its design phase but then they switched to making it a PvP game?

Also like Fortnite, which started out as a PvE game but then they jumped on the Battle Royale bandwagon (which worked out very well for them).

I suspect things come full circle though, as people tend to move on to the next big thing in PvP sooner or later, and i guess both Fortnite (which recently added bots to Battle Royale) and Overwatch have seen player attrition, so need to focus on a PvE experience to keep people playing as the harcore PvPers move on.

For me as a (Fortnite) Save the World player, this gives me some hope that Epic will start paying more attention to its red headed stepchild.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Squadron 42 is a bolt on self contained story DLC for Star Citizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

... And it doesn't work

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Agony Aunt posted:

Thanks. They have done PvE modes for a while now. As i recall, didn't Overwatch actually start out life as a PvE during its design phase but then they switched to making it a PvP game?

Also like Fortnite, which started out as a PvE game but then they jumped on the Battle Royale bandwagon (which worked out very well for them).
Kind of? When Blizzard cancelled development on their MMO codenamed Titan they stripped the design team down to a skeleton crew and said "find something to do with the assets we've paid for or you're back on WoW duty", and that something was the prototype for Overwatch. Overwatch was always explicitly a PvP Team Fortress game, but it has models and supposedly some story elements that date back to an entirely different game.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

A couple of people in the /r/sc thread pulling the "AAA devs just pumping out rubbish" line.

I wonder in what reality these people live? There is always trash being pushed out, always has been, including some trash pushed out by CR in his time, but there are also many great games being actually released every year, both by AAA and indie devs. Meanwhile, CIG, number of delivered games: 0.
Yeah, Nintendo is a AAA dev and publisher, and it has but out a ton of good stuff, and as someone who grew up in a nintendo-only household, the idea that AAA devs are universally trash is baffling.

I think the Japanese AAA devs are nonexistent to these guys based on their complaints.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Stimpire.txt just broke my brain.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
He should have included mandatory disclaimer at the end of his post that he is an unquestioning believer and pledger.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DigitalPenny posted:

Sean Tracy is the Technical Debt Director of in CIG Los Angeles.

Fixed

Does that make Chris the Technical Debt Producer?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Bofast posted:

Does that make Chris the Technical Debt Producer?

:lol:

But i just can't call chris a producer... He produces nothing.

The actual job of producing and making sure everyone else works together to produce something he clearly dosent do...

Even if his job was technical debt producer there would be some coke fuled sweaty excuse, where he absolves him self for not making any technical debt but it's all right around the corner, he just needs a few more weeks to finish implementing collatoralised technical debt obligations. Then all the technical debt will accrue much faster.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you finally draw dicks on the ground in SC, like in Elite or DStranding?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I think it is time for some turbonerd rubbing!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm not a Turbonerd I'm actually a Meganerd, know the difference.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MedicineHut posted:

I think it is time for some turbonerd rubbing!

Turbonerd turborubbing. Let's hope we won't go ablaze!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Full. Burn.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lokee posted:

Stimpire.txt just broke my brain.

Mission success.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

Because these people don't look at the reasons why a game is being criticized. If you asked any of them why No Mans Sky was being raked over the coals when it was released and why it's now being praised by those same, they couldn't tell you even after they googled for 5 hours.

They don't read peoples criticism of Star Citizen, Derek Smart doesn't have to mentioned nothing of the latest broken poo poo in the game but the moment you say something about it, they just bring up Derek as if it's some sort of gotcha card.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://i.imgur.com/K0LAbYU.mp4

Quavers fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 6, 2019

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Holy poo poo FIZZZ

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol what a "game"

press F for fizzz

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Whoaaa whooaaaaaaaa, it's Rizzo!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Holy poo poo FIZZZ

I smell a new emote cooking

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
fizzz

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don’t tell Chris but RDR2 simulates pupil dilation:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fizz gives you wings!

So now they have archered from Red Bull?

Also regarding RDR2 pupil dialiation... pfft, what do they know about fidelity? In SC your sphincter will pucker when in combat!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Awaiting pupil dilation pipelines. Hopefully hair pipelines are about finished.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Awaiting pupil dilation pipelines. Hopefully hair pipelines are about finished.

Sandi took over that pipeline and cut it down considerably.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

r/sc:

Bet you when it hits $250M it’ll get another round in the press...

Backers misdirecting their anger and getting mad over imaginary things instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010