Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

the future quiet but busy with solar powered driverless cars driving around on on roads paved with all of our broken bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tayne please don’t get worked up over complaints being filed they are completely meaningless

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Alpha Centauri posted:

Lead and asbestos abatement pays ridiculous amounts of money and you dont even need a HS diploma. Just show up for a one day class to get a permit to work with the poo poo. And you could be pulling in close to 100k a year if you're working a little over time and willing to travel

High paying job that has an extremely high risk of employment-related cancer? Folks i think we found a new signature industry

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Addamere posted:

STAND ASIDE CITIZEN

YOU SHOULD HAVE STOOD ASIDE

mitigating object.garbageCan

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Crusader posted:

literally no one wants this wtf

You don't have kids do you?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This is a gross violation of the simplest principles of designing systems with control over life or death and in a less stupid world would result in criminal charges

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
School hours should also be set to include homework hours and limited by them

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Stupid unproductive kids! Send them to the productivity mines

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Here we goooooooooo

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/...n-suitcase.html

Pennsylvania GOP officials on Tuesday filed legal action seeking redress for what they said were massive voting machine malfunctions across the Commonwealth.

The PAGOP filed an emergency injunctive relief seeking the security and counting of ballots that they said were potentially mishandled in at least one York County precinct.

During a press conference held outside of the York County Administrative Center on Tuesday night, Rebecca Warren, an attorney for the state Republican Party, said that officials had received approximately 50 calls from across the state from voters complaining about election day irregularities.

Lmao get skullfucked

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

tayne please don’t get worked up over complaints being filed they are completely meaningless

Every election the GOP loses will be declared illegitimate to their base from now on, to get the chuds hot and bothered for some civil unrest

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol do not do this, I say this as someone whose high school years were 8 until almost 5pm most days, it 100% fucks you up, especially if homework isn't also abolished.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1192079331150979073?s=20

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

"how do we make school MORE like incarceration-lite???"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Every election the GOP loses will be declared illegitimate to their base from now on, to get the chuds hot and bothered for some civil unrest

Good hopefully it results in a bunch of them clutching their hearts instead of their pearls

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1192079548885676033?s=19

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

UK barry remake too derivative

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I thoguht PA crime victim bill was bad

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I know y'all are too cool for school, but we absolutely do need to either 1) extend the school day by several hours or 2) shorten the regular working day

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

That's insane, I understand the impulse bc it addresses imbalances in child care costs but it's shifting that burden to already overworked teachers and making it even harder for students to have a life outside of school

Why not just fund after school care instead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

UFOTacoMan posted:

the future quiet but busy with solar powered driverless cars driving around on on roads paved with all of our broken bodies

would

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am hearing some bad covering "Killer Queen" on the radio what is this why are you butchering Freddie Mercury gently caress right the hell off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

high school is 8-5 or 8-6 if you do extracurricular activities

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

I know y'all are too cool for school, but we absolutely do need to either 1) extend the school day by several hours or 2) shorten the regular working day

raise teacher salary and benefits, hire more teachers and support staff

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

drat i wonder which would be better??

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hire teachers to go punch whomever this idiot is who's butchering "Killer Queen" right in the balls

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Thesaurus posted:

Option 3) fund after school care

Although I do like the idea of shortening the workday instead

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I had to bus for 2 hours one way to get to school, so I would have been getting up at 5:00-5:30am, on the bus at 6:00am, school 8:00am-6:00pm and getting back home around 8:00pm. Eat poo poo Kamala.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MadJackal posted:

TRUMP 1020: You are sooo lucky to have [TRUMP] as your President (just kidding!)

petit choux posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage for Insane People > You are sooo lucky to have me as your President (just kidding!)

Trummp!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

extracurriculars (except football and bball) have been cut to lower property taxes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

Said activities were mandatory at my school. :smith:

Less than one day a week (our scheduling was extremely confusing) we were properly finished at 3, but I think certain sports could mandate extra practice too.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mayor Dave posted:

That's insane, I understand the impulse bc it addresses imbalances in child care costs but it's shifting that burden to already overworked teachers and making it even harder for students to have a life outside of school

Why not just fund after school care instead

Or shorten the workday

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

euphronius posted:

5 days a week for a whole school year though??

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I guess Cspamers were all too busy smoking weed and shoplifting after school to empathize with today's hardworking parents

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

shorten the rich

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

5 days a week for a whole school year though??

if you do marching band and drama club for example that is probably most days yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

slenderman really hitting hard times

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I am 100% on board, but that's even less likely to happen

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

20% of Kentuxky's black population is ineligible to vote because Kentucky is one of two states that takes Felons voting rights away for life. One of Beshear's biggest campaign promises is restoring those rights through EO as soon as he takes office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/amanduhgomez/status/1192079126192111616?s=20