Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

there are a lot worse sounsd that constantly get played in laning phase, like every single one of the gross dog skin for the champ no one plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Pawg Maw

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Sexpansion posted:

just improve your average CS by like 2 / min and you'll go up a few divisions.

there are some really simple improvements you can make to your play that will pay serious dividends over time.

yeah I wish I could still do this. I’m at my limit on cs, I physically can’t get more than Like 200 at 30m which I’m pretty sure is low. trust me I tried.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Neon Vi's back sound is very spammable and I made a support actively leave instead of leashing for me by starting it, stepping, starting it again for the entirety of the invade dance.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

E: Browser hiccuped and regarbled a post. Ignore it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My buddy and I just straight up rolled 3 games in a row on PBE with Kalista ADC/Caitlyn Support. You can now reliably do 15% of a champ’s HP every 10 seconds.

And then Kalista ults Cait and knocks up the carry who she then Trap-E-Autos and you can’t win the lane, it’s hilarious cancerous

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Senna releases today correct? I’m stuck in a work conference all day. :argh:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nope, November 10th (Riot gotta get that weekend RP money)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kung fu jive posted:

Senna releases today correct? I’m stuck in a work conference all day. :argh:

Sunday. The patch is today so its the new TFT set.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
patch notes:

quote:

If her target dies before Caitlyn's Energized (via items like Rapid Firecannon and Statikk Shiv) Passive - Headshot hits them, Caitlyn will no longer be damaged in their stead

that was....a thing, huh?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah Cait could off herself and collect the shutdown gold in specific situations

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here’s a video explaining the bug. Or if you just want to see it in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TFrzciuZU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Nazzadan posted:

Yeah Cait could off herself and collect the shutdown gold in specific situations

shooting yourself in the throat to collect your own bounty seems like more of a pirate thing than a piltover thing yeah

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mierenneuker posted:

I get that almost everybody wants to play an assassin who two-shots people, a mage with the nastiest Luden's proc or Jhin. But ARAM games tend to go smoother for your team if there is a beefy person to initiate, front-line and/or peel.

There are also us weirdos that prefer tanks to anything else. It can just be so much fun to stand on an enemy carry and not let them play anymore.

As to ARAM tanks get poked heavily early on but once they get some meat rolling they stop damage-heavy teams pretty badly. Hard CC is the #1 strongest thing in ARAM. If you can survive the burst then wombo some combos you can clean up pretty heavily. Carries can't hurt you if they're stunned and then dead.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Playing like old tahm kench and eating every single ability the enemy team has, stepping back for 4.7 seconds with a warmogs and then stepping back with completely full health is extremely funny

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Toxic Mental posted:

Toxic Mental posted:

Thanks summoners.

Rito is currently out to ruin my 2200 world's token dreams with these game client shenanigans. :tinfoil:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Here's my TFT set 2 thoughts.

Poison needs nerfing into the ground and Singed needs deleting from the game. Also I'm pretty sure Inferno might just be a free top 4 when they turn ranked back on.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
what did riot do to the NA server

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Sexpansion posted:

what did riot do to the NA server

Whatever they did they haven't really fixed it yet. I wasn't able to log in until about half an hour ago and only got through one game before the client pretty much went into an endless loading screen. At least I was able to open the legendary skin chest before things went south, even if the 'reward' ended up being Infernal Nasus.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I got 2nd with glacial poison berserkers and 1st with desert blademasters splashing light.

The fire attack speed boosts plus 2star Yi plus 4 blademaster passive is stupid and I love it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Singed has inferno augment, Rabbadon's, and Zephyr, Twitch had Guinsoo's, statikk, and sword breaker, Kog had Glacial augment and luden's.

It was the stupidest poo poo. Inferno singed is bascially a free win button.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I tried setting up an infinite Zed (got him 2-star with redemption/Mage/IE because i couldn't find a tear for Shojin). It was very humiliating to see a Sivir eat every clone alive, giving me 2nd.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was a great many lasers.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't understand anything about TFT set 2 but it's kind of fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

From looking at some streamers it seems like the thing you want to do mainly is have a bunch of different synergies rather than focusing on maxing out 1-2. Or you just get a 3-star Sivir, put items on her and just put a wall of meat in front of her because she's as much of a late game hypercarry here as she is on the Rift.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just what did happen

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

that round ended in a tie btw

curiousCat fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 7, 2019

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

As far as character roster set 2 shits all over 1. Is it just because Nocturne is in it? Perhaps.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

yeah I like this set much more. it’ll be fun when they start mixing and matching. I do miss kassadin tho

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone have the TLDR on what's strong in TFT set 2?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erdricks posted:

Anyone have the TLDR on what's strong in TFT set 2?
poison, singed. you win the video game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Elentor posted:

Just what did happen

there were a lot of zeds.

a LOT of zeds.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Nocturne seems kind of overtuned but I really don't mind.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I have never played an auto chess game. Is TFT complicated? Someone mentioned earlier that it's a good way to afk farm world's tokens which I need. But I'm also having a blast playing Rakan on the rift.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

kung fu jive posted:

I have never played an auto chess game. Is TFT complicated? Someone mentioned earlier that it's a good way to afk farm world's tokens which I need. But I'm also having a blast playing Rakan on the rift.

Autochessers are basically deck building games, so if you like stuff like that you'll enjoy it. Right now the whole game just got remade so it's kinda the wild west of rank-less finding good comps (other than people that played the PTR/watched streamers on the PTR) so you can just go hog wild and play what you want.

It is also the perfect game to have on one monitor while doing something on your other one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well this is the best skins trailer they've ever done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1eujBKWQ4

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The new tft units are incomprehensible to me.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
TFT is fun but also really hard. I have literally no idea what I’m doing. I placed last, second to last, and then I got extremely lucky and placed second. I don’t know when to spend gold, when to save it, how to build a team comp, or how to build items. But the similarity to a deck building style card game is there so I’m in, just not for my world token grind. Tomorrow after work I’m going to dig around for some guides or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This is the ugliest Jax skin and splash that I've ever seen