Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

also watch the rest of joshiraku

i saw hidive added it and they're doing that awful thing where they release individual episodes weekly
like how they initially released VOTOMS eps weekly for a while

edit: new page!

https://twitter.com/woahdeku/status/1188252459212431370

wolfs fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
kill hidive and cat noise website it up

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RE ZERO FALL UPDATE

1. Here's the key visual for the new Bonds of Ice OVA:

2. Here's the Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFUEr2NV7I

3. There are rumors that Season 2 may come out as early as January 2020!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Grouchio posted:

3. There are rumors that Season 2 may come out as early as January 2020!
Rumors spread by who?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Elephant Parade posted:

Rumors spread by who?

Big Anime

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Kemono Michi is AOTS, change my mind.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm enjoying kabukicho sherlock so i won't begrudge anyone their awful show opinions

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

While it feels Psycho-Pass S3 tries to be too clever for its own good in various ways (....explaining a subprime crisis :psyduck:), it feels like the best Psycho-Pass season for that exact reason. It definitely has potential and the longer epidode running time is really fresh in a...broadcast? anime.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1189889302874009600?s=20

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
OK, the bench gag in this week's ORESUKI! got me.

High School Prodigies Isekai continues to be dull as dishwater.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Clitch posted:

OK, the bench gag in this week's ORESUKI! got me.

High School Prodigies Isekai continues to be dull as dishwater.

I mean, the title literally advertises that this story will not contain any conflict or tension. What were you expecting?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

danganronpa murders

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Not really seasonal related, but since a lot of people that post here might not see it otherwise, the ADTRW Secret Santa thread is up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902728

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is it just me or has the translator for No Guns Life changed with the latest episode? Juuzo's now spelt "Juzo" and there's a couple of typos.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What case was the latest episode of Kabuchiko Sherlock based on again? I think I've read all of the stories so I recognized the others, but it's been a while.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The bookworm show is cute. But it bugs me that she's spent so much time on clay tablets and wooden slats instead of realizing she's gonna need to figure out wood pulp paper if she actually wants her dream to come true.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Paper wasn't any easier to make than parchment until the industrial revolution.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I'm guessing we're going to have a tour of all the old timey paper making methods including rice paper, amate bark paper, and the like. Given that making books is the whole trust of the show.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm enjoying Oresuki a lot more than I thought I would given that it's ecchi trash

The VA, art style and bench gags keep it entertaining

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i wouldn't call it either ecchi or trash so far but i don't know the source material so maybe it gets there

I do enjoy how much fun it has with repeating / symmetrical scenes, it's like watching a time loop story without a time loop

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 3, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Checked out the dub for No Gun's Life out of curiosity, and whoever they've got doing Juuzo's voice brings a real nice Detective Noire flair to the show :allears:.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fangz posted:

Paper wasn't any easier to make than parchment until the industrial revolution.

Paper in the west also initially used cloth as the precursor, not wood pulp. In the 1700's for instance there were laws in place that prevented people from wrapping corpses in cloth as part of burial practices in many places in the Europe and North America to minimize cloth waste. Recycling old rags or rope into paper was a major business until they FINALLY figured out how to do it with wood in the 1800's

http://paper.lib.uiowa.edu/european.php

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Finally had the chance to just sit down and watch anime for the first time in nearly a month haha. So with that comes some lukewarm, late takes.

Babylon - Easily the most competent of the procedurals this season, though it being from the writer of Kado gives me pause. Don't really have anything else to say until I watch more, I guess.

Ahiru no Sora - The exact sort of standard yet well-produced sports show that definitely looks like it'll be a better experience without having to wait for new episodes. But since the manga is 50 volumes that won't happen anytime soon. Between this and Haikyu I sure feel like I'm stockpiling some modern shonen sports anime in a bomb shelter but hey I'm looking forward to the day when I can really sink my teeth into both.

Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia - An appalling anime that is completely uninterested in anything an outsider to the franchise has to say, so I won't.

Kemono Michi: Rise Up - I had a few laughs but by the end I felt its comedic premise already wearing thin and felt like the way it was being horny could really get to be a drag on the jokes for me personally. At least that means I got more out of it than most isekai so that's something.

Oresuki - Wow, the anime industry did something previously thought unthinkable, they made a character that's a bigger incel than the Joker. Just kidding. Its humor is dire, coming off as a firm believer in the idea that repetition is inherently funny, but I am intrigued by the messy character dynamics going on; despite the questionable writing there's just something that really makes me wonder what the show is trying to say and for that reason alone I'll stick with it for now.

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! - I already dislike much of the isekai genre in general but I think the self-aware comedic takes on it are something I'll never be down for, and this sure was full of them.

Stars Align - Is the end of the first episode surprisingly brutal? Yeah, but it's a surprise that took me from thinking it was looking like a well-made but fairly standard sports anime into something that could become a lot meatier. Just what I needed after Mix ended.

Kandagawa Jet Girls - I usually find the fanservicey kind of sports shows to be a real bore, and this was no exception. I can't really think of anything else to say!

Ascendance of a Bookworm - I read a ton of books but "book culture", for lack of a better term, is always something that bothers me. To me a fair amount of it comes off as I loving Love Science but about the idea of reading, if that makes sense? I really got that vibe with this show. Is this a personal hangup that's entirely on me? Absolutely, I won't deny that. But it's also a personal hangup that makes it impossible for me to enjoy it.

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World - Colonialist tripe.

Blade of the Immortal - I've known about the series for as long as I've been an anime fan but I've never checked it out since back in the day it was one of those decades-long, seemingly endless mangas (I didn't even realize that it ended a few years back!). Didn't help that the last time they made an anime of it it we as reportedly quite dire, so I'm glad that this time around it started off strong. Not having read the manga the pacing felt fine to me since I didn't know what was missing. I'm definitely sticking with this since it has been awhile since I last saw ultraviolence this slick in a tv anime, and I figure once it's over I'll hit up the manga to see what I've been missing out on all these years.

Wasn't feeling too hopeful for this season when I first saw what was on the table but then I wound up enjoying more than I expected to. Looking forward to watching more of Stars Align in particular.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia - An appalling anime
Lol

The first two eps were really slavish adaptations of the exact beats of the first three stages of a mobile rpg chapter but the animations good and its gotten better now that its into the meat of the plot. Its still not really something id recommend to newcomers or anything but iunno where 'appaling' comes into it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I disliked watching it so much that I found it to be an unpleasant experience, that's all there is to it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's not just Srice with that opinion - I know an anime streamer who loved Fate/Zero, but dropped Babylonia after episode 3 because they found it boring and didn't like the characters save for Gilgamesh :shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am for one shocked that there are people who are really into Fate/Zero but weirdly antagonistic towards basically any other entry.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they all suck rear end

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I've played the game and even i felt the anime start was pretty meh, to the point that i almost dropped it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davincie posted:

they all suck rear end

As a Fate fan, my recommended starting point is: Please don't, save yourself

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I checked out episode 0 of Fate Babylonia, it was like watching the waifu factory churn out the latest model. It has a lingering upskirt shot in the scene where they tell you her body is 10 years old and has stopped aging.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
trying to get a job at the waifu factory

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hard times are when a man has worked at the waifu factory for thirty years, thirty years, and they give him a body pillow, kick him in the butt and say “hey a computer took your place, daddy!" That's hard times

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I haven't cared enough to watch it but alot of 'anime normies' i know seem to love it and their only exposure to Fate stuff are the UBW anime, zero, and Apocrypha, and they seem to be following along enough to enjoy it week to week still.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Expect My Mom posted:

Hard times are when a man has worked at the waifu factory for thirty years, thirty years, and they give him a body pillow, kick him in the butt and say “hey a computer took your place, daddy!" That's hard times

They made waifus for everything; Guns, planes, warships, even operating systems. It was inevitable that one day they would make a waifu that they themselves would not want; a waifu of their own job.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

could god make a waifu so best girl even he couldn't post about it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to loving obliterate the word "waifu" in an ultrafurnace that hits 1000k degrees and launch its ashes into outer space in a rocket that will implode at soon as it reaches the outer limits of the universe so that i never have to read people using it to ironically refer to female characters in a piece of fiction ever again

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Colonel posted:

i'm going to loving obliterate the word "waifu" in an ultrafurnace that hits 1000k degrees and launch its ashes into outer space in a rocket that will implode at soon as it reaches the outer limits of the universe so that i never have to read people using it to ironically refer to female characters in a piece of fiction ever again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Old and busted: Waifu

New hotness: *Borat voice* Wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

so the replacement of a japanese term by an equivalant from the dominant cultural force of the world, typical colonialist ‘progress’ once again