Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Can we draft a post-Wexit Albertan national anthem? First few lines:

O, Alberta
Our home on oil sands
True patriots died, for a flat tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

infernal machines posted:

Champlain didn't die for this!

Champlain's whole deal was being less horrific than the Spanish and English.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Québec values test, question 1:

The correct cheese to be placed on poutine is
a) mozzarella
b) white cheddar
c) skouik skouik
d) kraft singles

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Champlain's whole deal was being less horrific than the Spanish and English.

certainly a high bar

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ARACHTION posted:

Québec values test, question 1:

The correct cheese to be placed on poutine is
a) mozzarella
b) white cheddar
c) skouik skouik
d) kraft singles

all of the above

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

priznat posted:

all of the above

Please prepare yourself for immediate deportation to Ontario/New Brunswick.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

look at that lack of PPE, that H&S manager is gonna lose their poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

certainly a high bar

Hence why he managed to clear it despite being a white imperialist.

New France managed to make treaties with tribes and mostly keep to them. The Great Peace of Montreal is a pretty unprecendented moment of diplomacy.

Of course it was also run on mostly feudal grounds with Seigneurs ruling over poo poo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

MonsieurChoc posted:

New France managed to make treaties with tribes and mostly keep to them.

Yeah, in terms of pre-Canadian and Canadian interactions with aboriginal peoples, they really were the best we've ever been.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

ARACHTION posted:

Please prepare yourself for immediate deportation to Ontario/New Brunswick.

As a former NBer i'd like to clear the air. We are a province of gently caress-ups, but one thing we can do right is poutine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Virtual Russian posted:

As a former NBer i'd like to clear the air. We are a province of gently caress-ups, but one thing we can do right is poutine.

This is cultural appropriation.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is cultural appropriation.

i have bad news from 2003

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

WEXIT is definitely not just a platform to scam rubes and sell them crap

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

look at this loving garbage lol. they didnt even use the right font

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what is the proper font for "gently caress Trudeau" anyway?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Juul-Whip posted:

look at this loving garbage lol. they didnt even use the right font

You think those models ever regret giving up their image rights for the "your image here" photoshops?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what is the proper font for "gently caress Trudeau" anyway?

Futura bold italic

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i assume that's just ripping off the Supreme logo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

meme idea: what if "Supreme" but instead it says "gently caress Trudeau" and also in the wrong font. The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
going to start a movement in manitoba called “maniGOba” and sell tshirts

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Is that merch being sold by Ezra Levant, that would be a great way to fund his garbage

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

very happy the climate apocolypse has eradicated the only good season in Manitoba so much sooner than i anticipated

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
For some reason Jeffrey Epstein had a dental chair in his bathroom and a little while ago I jokingly suggested it was actually one of the RCMP's old "fruit machines" for detecting homosexuality.

I'm now seeing goons repeating that idea without appearing to be joking and I'm not sure if I should tell them I wasn't serious or just take pride in having introduced a little CanCon into the Epstein thread.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

For some reason Jeffrey Epstein had a dental chair in his bathroom and a little while ago I jokingly suggested it was actually one of the RCMP's old "fruit machines" for detecting homosexuality.

I'm now seeing goons repeating that idea without appearing to be joking and I'm not sure if I should tell them I wasn't serious or just take pride in having introduced a little CanCon into the Epstein thread.

Oh. That’s a fetish thing.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

very happy the climate apocolypse has eradicated the only good season in Manitoba so much sooner than i anticipated

It's not just Manitoba. Talked to my dad in northern Ontario and they had a crapload of rain all fall and it snowed on halloween. This has been a sucky fall and is going to be a long long winter for a lot of the country.

What does suck is the high water levels are probably going to make it impossible to build the skating trail on the river this year, will probably write off a lot of the ice fishing season up north on the lake, and a lot of the fat bike routes in the city that are partially on or beside rivers are going to be either unusable or just lovely.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

city is gonna go crazy this winter its gonna be bad

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You mean murder and crime wise or just 700000 people getting collectively more cranky than usual because of another shittier and longer than average winter?

Because if you mean the latter, definitely. As for the former, usually the sketchbag activity drops off when it gets cold. Might be more people getting stabby towards their friends what with combining cabin fever with meth but if you don't hang out in those circles its not much of a problem.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm going to boldly predict another record breaking shelter crisis here in Toronto, complete with dozens to hundreds of homeless deaths.

The mayor will make concerned noises in front of the press as the death toll rises, and idiot CHUDs on council will continue to argue that the crisis doesn't exist because shelters in the rear end end of the suburbs aren't over capacity all days.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Nov 6, 2019

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

You mean murder and crime wise or just 700000 people getting collectively more cranky than usual because of another shittier and longer than average winter?

a mix of both as our civic services keep deteriorating

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"we need to get tough on crime, and also we're completely defunding the police"

~The Resistance

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/acoyne/status/1192126530052382720?s=20

*jerk off motion*

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Powershift posted:

"we need to get tough on crime, and also we're completely defunding the police"

~The Resistance

defund the winnipeg police and put the money into social housing and long-term drug recovery beds and there will be a massive drop in crime

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
They should just get it over with and flood Winnipeg's surrounding areas now and also in the spring when the inevitable happens. That way we can have our skating trail and the people in the exurbs can tap their 2019 insurance.

Winter kind of rules until about mid January then it can gently caress right off.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:eng101:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:38 on Jun 20, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what are ice dams anyway?

probably nothing we need to worry about

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JUDBJkeFNY

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

don’t worry, the province is selling the ice breaking equipment for the floodway essentially guaranteeing a future disaster when we need it and it’s in loving quebec

o m g your not loving joking!!!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you live anywhere outside Winnipeg (or the protected area between Winnipeg and Lockport) that traditionally floods in Manitoba sell your house and move inside the area protected by the flood way before your home insurance cancels your policy and you lose your poo poo with no recourse.

People in California are already getting letters from their insurance companies saying their policy isn't going to be renewed because of the wildfires.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

defund the winnipeg police and put the money into social housing and long-term drug recovery beds and there will be a massive drop in crime

Defund the Winnipeg police, social housing, and long-term recovery beds and hide the money in Manitoba Hydro's books so you can raid it later after it's privatized.

Guess which one is gonna happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

People in California are already getting letters from their insurance companies saying their policy isn't going to be renewed because of the wildfires.

this is one big way climate change makes places uninhabitable and people poor and miserable btw, nobody wants to be on the hook for the bill when your home gets destroyed so eventually nobody will insure you and you lose all the wealth tied up in your home and either move preemptively or move after everything gets destroyed, but either way you're suddenly way poorer than you used to be

there are still people living in tent cities from the 2017 california fires, who will probably never have a home again