Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/stephenpaton134/status/1192089993717657600?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Tsaedje posted:

Cool cool cool, BBC just uncritically accepting Gavin Williamson's assertion that having polling stations in schools would be bad because it could disrupt nativity plays. Definitely not a shameless attempt to remove an easy way for people in the younger end of the age spectrum to vote while dropping the kids off/picking them up.

Any school running a nativity play on a Thursday deserve to be disrupted.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gently caress me, they really are shameless.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Tsaedje posted:

Cool cool cool, BBC just uncritically accepting Gavin Williamson's assertion that having polling stations in schools would be bad because it could disrupt nativity plays. Definitely not a shameless attempt to remove an easy way for people in the younger end of the age spectrum to vote while dropping the kids off/picking them up.

He’s just concerned that his parents won’t get to see him as one of the three wise men

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

ALso how disruptive can it be, my dad worked in education for over 40 years and says he's never known a nativity play go on for longer than twenty minutes.

IT'S ALMOST AS IF EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS UTTER BOLLOCKS

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jeremy Corbyn is a loving legend. Just heard him speak in Crewe, I'll be uploading the speech etc later.

We're loving winning this folks. :dance:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Jo Swinson bizarrely saying she expects more MPs to defect to her after the election - which I guess means she doesn't care if you vote lib dem or not.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Swinson's brain is literally just the Jo; picture spinning like my avatar.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Bundy posted:

Jeremy Corbyn is a loving legend. Just heard him speak in Crewe, I'll be uploading the speech etc later.

We're loving winning this folks. :dance:

No complacency only more action.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Is it "make a hall pass out of an old credit card"?

e: ^^ lmao

Won't work on these doors because they're just electromagnets, no latch to pull. Also carrying one of them (or an FB access key) is dangerously close to Going Equipped (results may differ depending on skintone).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To those edgy yooves who remember Slipknot's Iowa album I have People = poo poo stuck in my head but "voted for brexit" instead of "people equals poo poo" as the lyrics

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sanford posted:

ALso how disruptive can it be, my dad worked in education for over 40 years and says he's never known a nativity play go on for longer than twenty minutes.

IT'S ALMOST AS IF EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS UTTER BOLLOCKS

Yeah but they might need to move all the chairs out of the way and then back again

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

To those edgy yooves who remember Slipknot's Iowa album I have People = poo poo stuck in my head but for "voted for brexit" instead of "people equals poo poo" as the lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqcXgODTeOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Won't work on these doors because they're just electromagnets, no latch to pull. Also carrying one of them (or an FB access key) is dangerously close to Going Equipped (results may differ depending on skintone).

Do you have to carry a really big opposing magnet to cancel it out?

:justpost:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

To those edgy yooves who remember Slipknot's Iowa album I have People = poo poo stuck in my head but "voted for brexit" instead of "people equals poo poo" as the lyrics

I think I've only ever actually heard the dick cheese version of that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a classic

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah, bad idea to carry around an explicitly-constructed bypass method, can get you in trouble

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Warning: extreme edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqK1FrO3BdM

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I will not forgive you for reminding me of dick cheese

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I just left the office to get a sandwich and passed a stand giving out Evening Standards. The headline was something like "Don't panic! Boris arrives to calm nerves". On the way back they were putting out the later edition that now said "Disaster! Minister resigns on first day".

Not been a great day for the Tories.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I've been psyching myself up to do this all week, so I think I have a new election slogan for the Conservatives.

"Do you know the creeping sense of dread as, week after week, the water in your shower drains slower and slower? Until you find you're cutting short your morning ablutions just so the water doesn't spill over the lip and cascade through gaps in the tiles to the floor below? The Tories don't. The Tories have people for that. The conservative party is the physical embodiment of paying someone else to clean out the hairtrap in your shower.

The Conservative Party: Vote for Job Creation. Vote for some poor sod to clean Johnson's shower for minimum wage"

RockyB fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 6, 2019

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

RockyB posted:

I've been psyching myself up to do this all week, so I think I have a new election slogan for the Conservatives.

"Do you know the creeping sense of dread as, week after week, the water in your shower drains slower and slower? Until you find you're cutting short your morning ablutions just so the water doesn't spill over the lip and cascade through gaps in the tiles to the floor below? The Tories don't. The Tories have people for that. The conservative party is the physical embodiment of paying someone else to clean out the hairtrap in your shower.

The Conservative Party: Vote for Job Creation. Vote for some poor sod clean Johnson's shower for minimum wage"

Just throw some of this down it mate

Also stop wanking in the shower so much maybe.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also carrying one of them (or an FB access key) is dangerously close to Going Equipped (results may differ depending on skintone).

CGI Stardust posted:

Yeah, bad idea to carry around an explicitly-constructed bypass method, can get you in trouble
That's why you don't carry the metal tool with a big locksmith's logo on it, you get an iTunes gift card or something and use the tool as a template to score most of the way through from the back with a scalpel, then should you ever need it to be a hall pass and not a gift card in a legitimate emergency you can snap the bits off.

RockyB posted:

The Conservative Party: Vote for Job Creation. Vote for some poor sod clean Johnson's shower for minimum wage"
I was half expecting "The Conservative Party - You can dissolve any problem with enough acid" but that's good too.

e: ^^ You really expect Tories to stop wanking in the shower?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Certainly a contrast to my other exposure to slipknot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j9xw-D38cE

I dunno why, I was certainly in the right age bracket for them, I've just never really bothered to listen to them :v:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-AjcCwxcec

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno why, I was certainly in the right age bracket for them, I've just never really bothered to listen to them :v:
:same:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

I just left the office to get a sandwich and passed a stand giving out Evening Standards. The headline was something like "Don't panic! Boris arrives to calm nerves". On the way back they were putting out the later edition that now said "Disaster! Minister resigns on first day".

Not been a great day for the Tories.

https://twitter.com/SophiaSleigh/status/1192121728895459328
I got a laugh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

A good anime and a good song, together in terror.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Just throw some of this down it mate

Also stop wanking in the shower so much maybe.

I guess you don't have long hair?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It really is some Death of Stalin type poo poo, walking to work with one of those in the background then walking back on the same day with the other there.

Does wanking in the shower prevent long hair? We need Doctor Masturbation back on twitter to answer. Does my cerebrospinal fluid need to become thick like jizz for my hair to be long and glossy?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

That's why you don't carry the metal tool with a big locksmith's logo on it, you get an iTunes gift card or something and use the tool as a template to score most of the way through from the back with a scalpel, then should you ever need it to be a hall pass and not a gift card in a legitimate emergency you can snap the bits off.
carrying an air wedge, claiming that it's a whoopie cushion and I'm trying to find a friend to prank

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Does wanking in the shower prevent long hair?

It does not.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

carrying an air wedge, claiming that it's a whoopie cushion and I'm trying to find a friend to prank
I bet you could get away with that if the air wedge said 'whoopie cushion' on it and whoopie cushions were a thing most people carried.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

loving hell, day ONE and the first edition started with a ‘don’t panic!’ and it went downhill from there!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I'm talking specifically about the sediment cup type inserts you stick down the shower pipe, where you have to scoop the hair sludge out every once in a while.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1632203351...DCABEgLnBPD_BwE

Honestly I think I'd rather have a straight pipe I can dump toxic chemicals down than a filter system that needs cleaning.

But just imagine: A fetid, matted mass of lank blonde hair. Intermixed with the odd darker strand from Acuri, and the flop sweat of a grunting heavyweight tory politician.

£8.21 an hour. £4.35 if you can find a young enough intern!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I guess you don't have long hair?

:wrong:

But hair on its own is not too onerous to remove from a plug hole.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/petercbowden/status/1192122273429360641

This is the absolute exact energy she gives off.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

:wrong:

But hair on its own is not too onerous to remove from a plug hole.
I'm hoping we get to remove a disgusting ball of hair and jizz on December 12th.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
this reminds me of a letter a friend showed me a few years back, sent around a university halls of residence, begging the students to stop wanking in the shower because it was clogging the water filtration. i think the halls threatened to install filters on each shower individually if it didn't stop

ed: they included a picture of said filter. it was not nice.

ed ed: the maintenance team had complained explicitly about "semen clogging the filters", and they didn't want to have to keep cleaning them

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

RockyB posted:

£8.21 an hour. £4.35 if you can find a young enough intern!

This is clearly a task for an apprentice (£3.90/hr)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Fools, that will only make me wank more!