Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the road to hell is paved with intentions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

strong language to describe the lib dems

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is the brexit borzoi, a dim dog placed in charge of detailed negotiations

please do not insult dogs by associating them with brexit

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
your tax ££ at work

https://twitter.com/forwardnotback/status/1192073046233952257

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mycroft Holmes posted:

please do not insult dogs by associating them with brexit

https://twitter.com/stuarthammond14/status/1168523565517422592

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Deeply suspicious about Tory and BNP figures here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I'm surprised that Tories are zero given that Irish setters are dogs

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

namesake posted:

people forget that it was thatcher who privatised dog hits in the first place

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Remember when Michael Heseltine admitted to strangling a dog with his bare hands

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I already accept that they're terrible, but why are the Lib Dems having dogs killed?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I Want the Brexit mug!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

prefect posted:

I already accept that they're terrible, but why are the Lib Dems having dogs killed?

because they want the dogs dead, op

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Can add cats to the list as well:

https://twitter.com/post_liberal/status/1168576064869715970

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

prefect posted:

Apparently this happened in the 70s when a gay lib dem was in a relationship (it was still illegal to be gay at this point) with another man and in order to cover it up he hired a assassin to kill the boyfriend but in the end the contract killer merely managed to shoot the poor man's dog before they all got caught.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

namesake posted:

ikanreed posted:

I refer you to this answer:

https://twitter.com/JBadsleep/status/1191378923340341249

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I can believe they're both involved in dog fighting rings which needs a professional touch to take out a rival.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Paid extra for overnight shipping.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

V. Illych L. posted:

looks like the guardian is preparing to endorse corbyn again

really peculiar, this tendency of theirs to relentlessly poo poo on him and then endorse

the financial times has been making GBS threads on boris quite a lot admittedly mostly back when he was threatening with no deal. i wonder if they feel crazy enough to go lib dem or hell even labour

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Do you get free coffee with your brexit?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I'd love one of those mugs

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Didn't Heseltine casually admit to strangling a dog to death a few years back, then get affronted when people found that disturbing?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Cummings is going to be giving a free Brexit mug to everyone who votes Tory next month.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Gonna set up a PO Box address and offer a free mug to anyone who mails me their ballot paper showing they voted Tory/Brexit Party.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The mug is heat sensitive and when you put something warm in it “2059” appears after 31 October

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BMX Ninja posted:

Gonna set up a PO Box address and offer a free mug to anyone who mails me their ballot paper showing they voted Tory/Brexit Party.

Unless you finally managed to ~deliver Brexit~ you better adjust that offer to be valid to EU citizens or else them Brussels boys will hear about it. :colbert:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Pipski posted:

Didn't Heseltine casually admit to strangling a dog to death a few years back, then get affronted when people found that disturbing?

He said dog but it was actually a poor

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

Pipski posted:

That's a terrible misrepresentation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37833381

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Who doesn't immediately kill a dog after it bites, that's just irresponsible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Who calls them "Alsatians" instead of "German Shepherds", anyway? Is that a British thing?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

prefect posted:

Who calls them "Alsatians" instead of "German Shepherds", anyway? Is that a British thing?

It's a Freedom Fries thing.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i guess if true this would get in the way of that financial times endorsement

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1192160419235786753

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

poty posted:

i guess if true this would get in the way of that financial times endorsement

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1192160419235786753

lol the tories haven't even properly begun to campaign yet and they've managed to get called out by andrew neil and piers loving morgan

how do you do that

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol tom watson resigned

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Randler posted:

Unless you finally managed to ~deliver Brexit~ you better adjust that offer to be valid to EU citizens or else them Brussels boys will hear about it. :colbert:

WE DELIVERED BREXIT mugs

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I don't have any experience of keeping dogs as pets, and my only knowledge of choke chains come from that episode of The Simpsons, so can anyone who knows about the subject tell me, is there any good reason to actually have a chain you can use to stop your dog breathing other than being a dickhead? It just sounds like a caricature of animal cruelty

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol tom watson resigned

lol

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

Randler posted:

It's a Freedom Fries thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-German_sentiment#Great_Britain_2

It's also why the royal family name is Windsor instead of "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha".

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

but where are the press going to source all their labour insider quotes from now

they might have to do journalism

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Don't worry they still have their Downing Street Source

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Angepain posted:

I don't have any experience of keeping dogs as pets, and my only knowledge of choke chains come from that episode of The Simpsons, so can anyone who knows about the subject tell me, is there any good reason to actually have a chain you can use to stop your dog breathing other than being a dickhead? It just sounds like a caricature of animal cruelty

lol

I have a dog who is a loving psychopath. We've tried every type of leash including really expensive harnesses with bungee rope to provide maximum comfort and he just loving loves the hard as gently caress rope that just goes around his neck so he can pull it tight and auto-erotically asphyxiate himself while sniffing other dog's piss. If he was a person he'd probably be a Tory MP :(

Metal chains that are specifically meant to hurt the dog are specifically for assholes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

some rescue dogs are both incredibly poorly trained and occasionally aggressive enough that a choke leash can imo be justified as a matter of public safety until they've learned to behave properly. my granddad took in traumatised rottweilers and he'd always put choke leashes on them for the first few months until he knew exactly what situations they were safe in because he was a frail old man and an angry rottweiler is fifty kilos of irate muscle, so he needed the extra leverage if something set them off

e. it's very much a warning sign though, if you need to be able to choke out your dog something's gone very wrong. outside of extreme niche cases it's just people torturing their dogs, yeah

V. Illych L. has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Nov 6, 2019