Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hobbesmaster posted:

This is parody right.

Also MLK was greatest generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgor5b8db_o

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

god I'd love a new run of the boondocks set in a post 2016 world

edit: I just googled and it might be happening?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/entertainment/boondocks-reboot-sony-aaron-mcgruder-trnd/index.html

also possibly

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-civil-war-history-tv-drama-black-america-20170801-story.html

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 6, 2019

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

SimonCat posted:

Silent Generation, he was too young to serve in WWII.

Isn't silent generation the people born in the inter-war period? I thought it went silent-greatest-baby boomer-x-millenial-z

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

In other news Kansas City City council named a road after MLK last year. Yesterday a voter initiative overturned that decision and returned the name of the road.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This is absolutely incredible. It's perfect

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Jeff Hanton
Follow

Political Satirist | Twitter: @jeff_hanton

1 Following

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Jeff Hanton
Follow

Political Satirist | Twitter: @jeff_hanton

1 Following

Please don't dox me, I'm working on my grift over here.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

We just lost grandpa tho :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

aaron macgruder owns and i want him to succeed at everything

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

Isn't silent generation the people born in the inter-war period? I thought it went silent-greatest-baby boomer-x-millenial-z

Greatest-silent-boomer. Greatest - WWII, Silent - Korea/early Vietnam, boomer - later Vietnam

X, Y (millennial), Z - Iraq

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Flikken posted:

In other news Kansas City City council named a road after MLK last year. Yesterday a voter initiative overturned that decision and returned the name of the road.

https://www.kcur.org/post/some-black-kansas-city-residents-say-renaming-paseo-has-erased-our-ward-parkway#stream/0

It wasn't exactly a popular change and the City Council ramrodded it through without actually consulting the people who lived on the street, as was required.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Proud Christian Mom posted:

https://www.kcur.org/post/some-black-kansas-city-residents-say-renaming-paseo-has-erased-our-ward-parkway#stream/0

It wasn't exactly a popular change and the City Council ramrodded it through without actually consulting the people who lived on the street, as was required.

Oh I understand that, I moved out here a few months ago and I find the whole situation kind of funny.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Crakkerjakk posted:

If you could have been drafted for World War II, you're Greatest Generation.

If you could have been drafted between Korea and the Cuban Missile Crisis, you're Silent Generation.

If you could have been drafted for Vietnam or invaded Grenada, you're a Baby Boomer.

If you could have invaded Iraq or been shot down by SAMs in Serbia, you're Gen X.

If you could have invaded Iraq the second time, you're a Millennial.

If the war in Afghanistan is older than you, you're Gen Z.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

aaron macgruder owns and i want him to succeed at everything

loves me some black jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr6ihwgy4I

rip John Witherspoon

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Guessing that the overlap between people upset by okay Boomer and mad about PC culture ruining everything is nearly 100%

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"Ok Boomer" is a lot more polite than "Hurry up and die you stupid greedy piece of poo poo"

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

it begins

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1192101333265989632

jury selection goes right into opening statements in the thread.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

That Works posted:

Guessing that the overlap between people upset by okay Boomer and mad about PC culture ruining everything is nearly 100%

I'd guess so. I also imagine if you ask them why there are such fragile snowflakes about it then you might see some heads explode.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/IVapeBTW/status...ingawful.com%2F

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

@IVapeBTW

Oh, we know

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I doubt many people who consider vaping to be a voting issue actually voted.

Going off the people I know who use those dumb things, yeah, that's not a big voting bloc.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The only use i have for vape pens is how hideable it makes weed. Instead of like a 32 oz mason jar you have like 6 cartrifges and you can get way higher way more often without all the evidence laying around

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol ok

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Dystopian sci-fi did not prepare me for the spread of a drug where its addicts then become a voting bloc. Or would be if they werent too busy blowing fat clouds of cherry lime smog.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stravag posted:

The only use i have for vape pens is how hideable it makes weed. Instead of like a 32 oz mason jar you have like 6 cartrifges and you can get way higher way more often without all the evidence laying around

I prefer having jars of flower around, but my preferences change with relative frequency. Never been a cartridge guy though, just give me a simple coil pen for dropping in shatter. Cheaper too.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

My brother grows so my xmas present was a stuffed full mason jar. I dont smoke what he does so i still have like half of it left 3 years later. Im sure its just trash at this point but v0v

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ok boomer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stravag posted:

My brother grows so my xmas present was a stuffed full mason jar. I dont smoke what he does so i still have like half of it left 3 years later. Im sure its just trash at this point but v0v

smoke it now and post a trip report

shits aged like fine wine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol if you won't smoke 3 year old weed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/leewolos...19%2findex.html

more perjury woooo

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol if you won't smoke 3 year old weed

Its not that i wont its that i had cartridges to smoke while ive been back in hotels 5+nights a week

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sounds like prime stuff to make edibles with my man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm by no means a boomer, being born in 1988 but I don't even understand my own generation, I don't have an instagram or a twitter or any social media newer than a defunct facebook page I haven't updated in about 6 years. Who the hell is Billie Eilish?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:dudsmile:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

orange juche posted:

I'm by no means a boomer, being born in 1988 but I don't even understand my own generation, I don't have an instagram or a twitter or any social media newer than a defunct facebook page I haven't updated in about 6 years. Who the hell is Billie Eilish?

she's a teen girl who makes really lovely music that somehow has blown up, i had to ask "the kids" about her, and i wanted to just go "this is dumb" but they also told me she like wears baggy clothes due to insecurity about body shaming so i guess she's a metaphor for how loving terrible our society is to young women

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

orange juche posted:

Boomer is a state of mind that you are deep within if you’re saying you don’t understand the kids these days while talking about 30 somethings.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

maffew buildings posted:

she's a teen girl who makes really lovely music that somehow has blown up, i had to ask "the kids" about her, and i wanted to just go "this is dumb" but they also told me she like wears baggy clothes due to insecurity about body shaming so i guess she's a metaphor for how loving terrible our society is to young women

Trump's key to winning over young female voters has been right under his cartoon necktie this whole time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maffew buildings posted:

She’s an odd one. Whereas most pop singers embrace the over exploration of the form she just sings raunchy about it and hides under pajamas. I’m fine with that whatever floats her boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

maffew buildings posted:

Billie Eilish is like Grunge 2.0 with a different flavor of music than what we grew up with. Her fans like her anti establishmentism more than her musical prowess.