Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The way I see it, even if Jericho is an independent wrestler who has the power to make decisions outside of AEW, he's still currently their world champion and that reflects on them. This is crossing a line that has basically turned me off from buying the show because I'm not going to knowingly support something that's okay with platforming someone who is currently trying to take away my rights and the rights of millions of people like me. It's profoundly disappointing, especially when AEW has had a really good head on their shoulders with regards to inclusion and progressive values.

I've lost all my respect for Jericho because of this. You don't do this in 2019 without knowing what you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

is it possible that the billionaires that Jericho works for (that gave a literal million dollars to the trump campaign) might not be as angry as everyone thinks that he had Don Jr on since they gave more money than any of us will ever touch to Don Jr's dad to help get him elected

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

projecthalaxy posted:

is it possible that the billionaires that Jericho works for (that gave a literal million dollars to the trump campaign) might not be as angry as everyone thinks that he had Don Jr on since they gave more money than any of us will ever touch to Don Jr's dad to help get him elected

There are people in the company that should be pissed and should be asking questions.

The money men are never the ones angry about people making GBS threads on minorities.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

At absolute bare minimum this should have been a very simple "nope" from PR because of what was already said about Jericho being the company's face.

Personally, yeah, I'm not purchasing the PPV this time around. I was admittedly waffling a bit already due to personal budget allocation stuff but I was ultimately gonna buy and this poo poo reversed that mighty quick.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m still gonna but it but I’m gonna tell them I didn’t

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1191958997693345796?s=19

Dig up, stupid.

I realize Lance isn't doing podcasts anymore thanks to the wwe job, but I wonder how Dave feels about Lance siding with the fash on this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lance has always been pants-shittingly stupid, despite the protests of people here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is the same guy who had to have it explained to him that libraries were not stealing money from authors, right?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is the same guy who had to have it explained to him that libraries were not stealing money from authors, right?

I hadn't head about this, what in the hell?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

I hadn't head about this, what in the hell?

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/376823017860366336?s=19

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Incessant Excess posted:

I get the sense that at least Dave really does not like Trump.

He definitely doesn't and has alluded to not really being a Hillary fan either after the 2016 election.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I know that this conversation was banned from the WWE thread, but am I missing something in the equation of

1) Dave Meltzer says based on his sources that there was a meeting at the Raw taping on Monday and that Seth Rollins gave a speech at said meeting.
2) Someone on Reddit posts that there was a meeting at the Raw taping on Monday and that Seth Rollins gave a speech at said meeting.

Apparently Seth Rollins did not give a speech at the meeting. Dave Meltzer has retracted this story.

What on this timeline suggests/proves that Dave Meltzer copy-pasted this story from Reddit? Are there timestamps? Similar wording?

My dad texted me yesterday to lament that it looked like Matt Bevin was going to win the KY governor race, several news outlets said the same thing early on. Turns out he did not win the election. Should CBS News apologize for stealing this [false] scoop from my dad?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Alvarez said several people confirmed the speech happened so who loving knows

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

there was like a thousand posts in here overnight and nobody died?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Alvarez said several people confirmed the speech happened so who loving knows
So what you're saying is that maybe everyone in the wrestling business (both working for WWE and also reporting on wrestling) might not have any sources and they're ALL just copy-pasting random Reddit threads? How deep does this go? Was there even an episode of Raw on Monday?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What was the meeting even about? I never caught any of the details and couldn’t be bothered to check.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sticky Nate posted:

there was like a thousand posts in here overnight and nobody died?

other than people's love for jericho

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

coconono posted:

What was the meeting even about? I never caught any of the details and couldn’t be bothered to check.

It was about the Saudi situation and how there was no conspiracy, it was not a hostage situation, everything is fine, etc.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

He definitely doesn't and has alluded to not really being a Hillary fan either after the 2016 election.

Is anyone, after the 2016 election?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A lot of people are still Hillary fans.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

dave go on chapo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hillary doesn't like deathmatches so I hate her.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Is anyone, after the 2016 election?

my friend join us in the succzone. whatever you witness in there that does not destroy your brain will only make it stronger

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

IDK everything I read is like "Hillary was the most unlikeable candidate of a generation, which meant she lost to the most unqualified candidate ever"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

IDK everything I read is like "Hillary was the most unlikeable candidate of a generation, which meant she lost to the most unqualified candidate ever"

uhh no I think you’ll find Putin personally changed vote totals to put the Cheeto in the power and that’s the tea sis

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

uhh no I think you’ll find Putin personally changed vote totals to put the Cheeto in the power and that’s the tea sis

HOW DO I KNOW THIS POST IS NOT A RUSSIAN PSYOP I AM FEELING VERY VULNERABLE HERE WHICH IS WHY IM SHOUTING BECAUSE MY FIGHTFLIGHT MECHANISM IS JAMMED INTO THE YELLING MODE

anyway podcasts were a terrible idea.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

are there any wrestling podcasts actually worth listening to right now. I recently stopped listening to some podcasts and have space to fill.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Procrastinator posted:

are there any wrestling podcasts actually worth listening to right now. I recently stopped listening to some podcasts and have space to fill.

The only one I currently listen to with any regularity are Chris Van Vliet interviews.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I only listen to the Dave and ____ on Wrestling Observer. They have a couple of good puro ones too but I hit those irregularly.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

i would be surprised if they have the power to tell Jericho to do anything
I'm not talking about power. If power were the measuring stick, AEW could have Cody win the belt, take Jericho off TV, issue a statement that he's an rear end in a top hat and an alcoholic we don't want to associate with and also he's a doodiehead and I heard he once hosed a dog.

I'm saying the company could be like, "Yo, we're trying to be welcoming to marginalized fans. You're making them feel unwelcome. Please don't air that podcast."

Or failing that, they could issue a statement distancing themselves from this. Without doing at least that, they're siding with it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They could take jerko to the mass graves of the prototype Don Jrs. Then he'd understand.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Procrastinator posted:

Depends what you want. I listen to a handful, Wrestling Observer Radio so long as Dave is on, I listen to some of the shows on the Voices of Wrestling feed depending on how much time I have, usually Super J Cast (New Japan talk), Wrestling Omakase (a mix of Japanese stuff), & the VOW flagship (usually some WWE talk, AEW talk, New Japan if they have a tour & any big indy matches or other Japan stuff happening that week. Them talking about the OTT match between Starr & Devlin is what got me to watch it & I'm glad I did), along with Open The Voice Gate when they do an episode because Dragon Gate talk is good and too rare. There's also ThROH The Years which is a retrospective on ROH, going through their shows in chronological order, which I really enjoy because I really like early ROH & it's an excuse to go back and watch 1 ROH show a month to keep up to date with that. But unless you have a passing interest in classic Ring of Honor a 2 to 3 hour show where the hosts talk about how godawful Donnie B & Eric Garguilo are as commentators on the very early shows it's probably not for you.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh Snapple! posted:

Personally, yeah, I'm not purchasing the PPV this time around. I was admittedly waffling a bit already due to personal budget allocation stuff but I was ultimately gonna buy and this poo poo reversed that mighty quick.

I’m also going to be skipping Wrestle Kingdom

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Not Wrestle Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alvarez on WOL said on his end he had people from WWE who said that Seth spoke at the meeting, but that they weren't at the meeting themselves. He isn't sure if Dave's sources were similarly giving him hearsay (which he shouldn't have reported on, if that was the case, or at least qualified it somehow) and says he is sure Dave will give more details on Observer Radio.

Edge & Christian posted:

What on this timeline suggests/proves that Dave Meltzer copy-pasted this story from Reddit? Are there timestamps? Similar wording?

A link was posted to a now deleted reddit post which was apparently almost exactly the same as the wording Dave used when he wrote it up, and I believe it was posted before Dave put anything up. Could just be that both guys got the same story from the same person and just posted largely what they got from them verbatim, or could be Dave copy/pasted (the idea of Dave browsing reddit feels bizarre to me) or the guy who posted on reddit sent it to Dave too and he just slapped it in as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'll be skipping wrestle kingdom.... skipping into the dome to take my seat that is!!!!!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

gently caress off with this horseshit.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

listen to all 7 hours of weekly Between the Sheets and fill your brain with old backstage stuff from the 80's and 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, it'd be one thing if Jericho could even pretend that his match is the big draw this year, but Night 2 is about Liger's last match and the title-for-title match.