Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m tentative but I definitely need more info. If it’s just cosmetic items or whatever I can live without it, if it’s something that directly affects gameplay yeah gently caress that

You know the answer. It's going to be both. Every character is going to have a base costume and maybe an alternate included. Any good looking costumes are going to be DLC. And there will absolutely be paid add-ons that affect gameplay, but I'm envisioning things like XP boosters and other powerups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

You know the answer. It's going to be both. Every character is going to have a base costume and maybe an alternate included. Any good looking costumes are going to be DLC. And there will absolutely be paid add-ons that affect gameplay, but I'm envisioning things like XP boosters and other powerups.

And I'm loving done with "cosmetic only" microtransactions too. Cosmetics improve the gameplay experience, being able to modify and customize the way your character looks in a third person game is FUN and I enjoy playing dolly dress up

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Soonmot posted:

And I'm loving done with "cosmetic only" microtransactions too. Cosmetics improve the gameplay experience, being able to modify and customize the way your character looks in a third person game is FUN and I enjoy playing dolly dress up

Definitely agree. The amount of replayability and engagement I see and experience in Spider-Man from there being costume choices is huge.

Also screw the term microtransactions. Micro relative to what, the price of the full game? Why does that matter? What other industry gets away with calling add-ons and surcharges that? Calling them micro seems to diminish what the price is relative to the value of what you're getting. (This isn't directed at you, just a general issue I have with the term).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
saints row but every item of clothing you buy costs 3 bucks irl

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was gonna make an FFXIV joke but then I remembered that Mog Station glams exist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/juanbuis/status/1199651576236957697

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who owns the video game rights to TMNT? Is there s game on the works?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It seems like Nick just licenses it out to whoever. The last few games have had different publishers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

None of them were AAA, either. If that's what you're hoping for I doubt it's happening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The last major TMNT focused game was Mutants in Manhattan, aka one of the two bad Platinum games.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just play Injustice 2

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Waffleman_ posted:

The last major TMNT focused game was Mutants in Manhattan, aka one of the two bad Platinum games.

Just for point of reference, what is the other bad platinum game?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

Just for point of reference, what is the other bad platinum game?

I didn't play it, but I remember people not liking the Korra game.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Korra game wasn't great, but the final boss was really good because it's just Armstrong from MGR.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Korra game wasn't great, but the final boss was really good because it's just Armstrong from MGR.

And the Avatar State is one of the better power-up modes in an action game. It felt appropriately stupid strong.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Their Transformers game was pretty terrible. I regret buying it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Starfox games they worked on aren't good either.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FilthyImp posted:

Their Transformers game was pretty terrible. I regret buying it

I had a fine time with that one, it's not up to the standards of their best work but it's definitely not a bad game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Korra is not great but it mostly just felt anemic, which is fair for a 15 dollar game, i think.

The TMNT one is just bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Korra was also weird because it came out during the series, so it's in this weird limbo where it's post-season 2 but before season 3 aired, so they don't have any of the real spirit world crossover like crazy plants and poo poo growing through the city.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

I had a fine time with that one, it's not up to the standards of their best work but it's definitely not a bad game.
Aside from mashing the nostalgia button through the earth's crust, I found the fighting system to be pretty limited. Maybe I was playing wrong, but compared to something like Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta, you pretty much needed one string of attacks and were playing collect a weapon for the rest.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's fine for the first playthrough but the loot just ends up breaking the balance.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Whenever someone does this to a game, it's so striking. It's just like, the animation-swapped woman always walks like a normal person, while the animation-swapped man walks like a sexual jester trying to convince you to sign a timeshare contract.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Korra was also weird because it came out during the series, so it's in this weird limbo where it's post-season 2 but before season 3 aired, so they don't have any of the real spirit world crossover like crazy plants and poo poo growing through the city.

This reminded me of the Young Justice video game, which was meant to cover some events during a 5 year timeskip between seasons that included things like character deaths.

The game was delayed so many times it came out 8 months after the series ended.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is Ultimate Alliance 3 worth getting a DS for? I just saw there's an X-Men update with Jean and Bobby and my lizard brain did a cartwheel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

Is Ultimate Alliance 3 worth getting a DS for? I just saw there's an X-Men update with Jean and Bobby and my lizard brain did a cartwheel

Almost certainly not.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You’d need a Switch

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I played the gently caress out of UA1 and 2 (yes, even the bad one). I love the hell out of the format and style and gameplay. Something about UA3 didn't click like the other two. I played a lot of it but I couldn't bring myself to even beat it once.

If I hadn't owned a switch, I would've purchased one when UA3 was announced and would've regretted it within a week of UA3 being released.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I really liked UA3 but personally I feel it lacks the replayability of the other two (at least to me) and so I honestly haven't gone back to it after my first runthrough and a little dicking around in the side missions. I might try some of the DLC but I've got other games to play so I'm not really itching to get back to that.

e: My biggest complaint is that the other characters that aren't in your team don't level with you (if memory serves, the other games kept the rest of the characters up to just a few levels behind your active squad the whole time, though I could be misremembering) so if you wanna try mixing up your team with some characters you unlocked earlier, well then you better take your new team and replay the early levels or grind like a motherfucker. That's an especially big problem when some of the side missions are locked to specific characters. Like "Oh, you didn't play through the whole game with Hulk? Too bad bitch, better get to grinding!"

e2: oh and the online sucks poo poo, but that's just par for the course with Nintendo.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 17, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Switch owns so get one anyway

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Endless Mike posted:

The Switch owns so get one anyway

The Switch will get Streets of Rage 4, so there's another reason to get it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The Switch is a pretty good console but UA3 shouldn't be the thing that gets you to buy it. Pick that up for $30 on Marketplace or whatever. The first party games and the indie titles populating the Eshop are.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The initial grind in MUA3 is real but once you start getting a bunch of +XP ISO-8 and unlock the Wakanda rift, it becomes relatively trivial to get characters up to level ~100. I don't know what the 100-150 grind is like since I haven't played much since the level cap was increased, as mentioned earlier the game just doesn't have the replayability of MUA 1 and 2. It's still a lot of fun and I've beaten it on all the difficulty settings.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
The DLC added the ability to buy XP cubes with in game gold which is easy to get a shitload of so that helps with the grind a fuckload.

Also Phoenix loving rules I’ve been wrecking poo poo with a team of Phoenix, Cable, Wolverine, and Psylocke. Managed to unlock Thanos as a playable character with that team.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1215359587026657288

Announce the loving Batman game already, gently caress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Release the Snydercut of the game, WB.

Wait, wrong forum.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress's sake. They need better marketing, this is anti-hype.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd bet they're wanting to do one of those "AND YOU CAN BUY IT DIGITALLY RIGHT NOW!" reveals. Or at least announce it's releasing like a few weeks later, kind of like Capcom with RE3Make.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I have no idea what this image is supposed to be teasing. WB's making a Persona game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crowetron posted:

I have no idea what this image is supposed to be teasing. WB's making a Persona game?

Persona x Batman. Sure.