Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

The company is 60% the rear end in a top hat for having such a stupid rule and the dude is 40% the rear end in a top hat for following it.

There's also no way the pay is "really good".

The current working generation has no idea what good pay is, because most have never known it. If it allows them to live above bare subsistence with only two or three roommates, must be a pretty sweet gig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe all the office drones should wear that LOW INCOME shirt and send a message to the higher ups.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dazerbeams posted:

Maybe all the office drones should wear that LOW INCOME shirt and send a message to the higher ups.

Yeah, don't wear the shirt now, but keep it for union marches later.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is My [28 F] Husband [32 M] being a big baby over my harmless girl talk??

quote:

One of my close friends has a new boyfriend, so naturally the subject of sex came up. She told a group of us that her new man was smaller than she was used to in the private area and she was not used to it yet. We asked her how small he was, and she said he was slightly less than 5 inches. I guess without thinking i shared that (blame too much wine) 5" is my husbands size, and i got used to him and our sex is fine. The rest of the night we were the "5" sisters and were giving each other "high 5s". all in good fun. I did feel like i should warn my husband about this the next day, as the 5" comments would eventually be made to him buy our friends. He was very upset and said that i humiliated him. He is threatening to never hang out with these girls again because he is just too embarrassed. Isnt he overreacting just a little? He has agreed to read the opinions here.

tl;dr: told friends husbands personal measurement, now hes embarassed to see them. Is he overreacting?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I mean I have more sympathy with the guy with a small dick who's wife just blurted it out to her friends than the guys who proactively say "hey babe, have you ever had a bigger dick?" and then crying when they say yes.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Also girth is more important than length anyway. No one wants an 8 inch pencil dick.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
re the guy who called off his wedding: his fiancee did a mean thing but then he overreacted. but his reaction to his fiancee saying his dick was small and unsatisfying made me giggle a little:

quote:

I immediately cut off the chat, went to my games room and basically just ignored her for the day. 

I'm a big boy :argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wedding call off guy got absolutely excoriated in the comments for letting his insecurity blind him to the other potential meanings of wife's statement and for overreacting so intensely. she definitely slipped up but lol at ending everything over it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

re the guy who called off his wedding: his fiancee did a mean thing but then he overreacted. but his reaction to his fiancee saying his dick was small and unsatisfying made me giggle a little:

I'm a big boy :argh:

Yeah that part made me laugh.

Also there is nothing more satisfying then when asked about our sex life my partner replies “oh it’s fine” lol.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kitchner posted:

I mean I have more sympathy with the guy with a small dick who's wife just blurted it out to her friends than the guys who proactively say "hey babe, have you ever had a bigger dick?" and then crying when they say yes.
Yeah, the wife telling all her friends about his small dick hosed up. That's not OK.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

Jesus christ lady

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Frog Act posted:

Don't describe parts of your partner's body that only you get to see.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Frog Act posted:

quote:

5" is my husbands size, and i got used to him and our sex is fine.

God drat that's cold

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Insecure about my penis size

quote:

I'm 35 and dating a girl ten years younger than me. It's the best relationship I've ever had. She's also bordering on being the single hottest girl I've ever seen, and this is no exaggeration. I'm head over hills. No idea how I managed to get her.

She has been with a few guys who had pretty large penises. She swears there was no PIV sex (mainly because of their size.) in all honesty, I kind of wish she had; the idea of it is really hot.

But I'm also very insecure about my penis size. At its absolute best it's 6.3 long and 5 girth. I know this is perfectly normal, but I feel so inadequate. I've become obsessed with wishing I had a large penis. I "joke" about how small I am constantly, and my gf is getting sick of it. She admits that it's not huge, which I clearly know to be true, but despite what she says I'm convinced that secretly she wants a guy with a huge penis, that all women do, that this is all that matters. What the hell is wrong with me? I'd never felt this way until my mid 30s. I know it's bullshit. But it's stuck in my head and won't go away. Sometimes when we're having sex, I go soft because I'm so self conscious.

Anyone else ever have to work through this?

tl;dr: insecure about penis size, convinced gf wishes it were bigger despite what she says

all of these are from, like, the first two pages of googling relationships with the key term "size"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the funny thing is there are three other distinct subcategories in the size search - women insecure about breasts, ring sizes, and both genders insecure about weight - but it's all overwhelmed by the tide of men thinking about their penises

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't ever see women pining for huge dicks. It's always the guys insisting they know that's what women really want.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Holy sweet Jesus, A) just let it go, B) don’t make comments to your friends about your SOs body parts

Play idiot games, win idiot prizes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

gey muckle mowser posted:

from a few pages back, but he is 100% an addict. drugs or gambling, take your pick. maybe both!

Yeah almost certainly drugs. I've seen so many examples of this exact kind of thing that I couldn't be more sure, although he's probably involved in other sketchy stuff and other women too.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for lying to my SO about who I voted for?

My SO did not vote regularly before we got married. Leading up to the last Presidential election we decided that we now have basically opposing viewpoints on almost every political position from local to federal and they wait for me to vote before going in to “cancel out”my vote.

So, AITA for lying about how I voted today in hopes that they would decide to either vote the same way I did or at least think twice about how they really felt about each candidate and ballot question?

Sorry but in this case which person voted for which party will determine (CONCLUSIVELY) who is TA here

Power Khan posted:

My [26m] girlfriend [26f] and I took in her sister and now our relationship is about to end.

I asked for some more examples but she wasnt able to give me anymore. She said in general that it felt like I didnt want to be there in situation with them.

And she's right though?? Because it's pretty clear he does not in fact want to be in that situation. To be fair I wouldn't be too pleased either. No one's taking my room or my after-work beer and a 16 year old girl can make her own drat lunch

dads friend steve posted:

I’m just blown away by how owned that poor 13 year old kid was by his parents. Haunting

"Haunting" is apropos because he's a ghost now, having been owned unto death

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for getting eating in the office banned?

He clearly works in a call center, lol. A person who works in a call center as a management toady is pretty much the lowest of the low. He's actually such a huge toady that even management doesn't like him

Kitchner posted:

Lol I don't think it's ever even crossed my mind to ask a woman I've slept with about the size of my dick compared to others.

One of my exes did tell me I was in her top three lays and since she slept with like 40 guys I am pretty proud of that. Then again she probably tells everyone that, top three being good enough to sound impressive but not unrealistic like number one.

I remember doing it once and learning that her previous partner actually had a bigger dick than me, which was a bit of a shock as I assumed mine was bigger for some reason. I got over it pretty much instantly but I also don't ask questions or make assumptions like that anymore

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

This man ain't gonna be happy until he's watching someone ploughing his wife.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Frog Act posted:

quote:

I'm head over hills.

I'm head over hills at this dweeb ruining his relationship with his younger hotter girlfriend because he can't stop hating his own dick.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel for people who are insecure about their bodies, I really do. But god drat if these guys don't come off as gigantic babies - especially the "but I'm only slightly bigger than average" dorks. Suck it up or see a fuckin therapist god drat

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for getting eating in the office banned?

Weird way to leak The Office reboot, buy the new Dwight sounds pretty on character at least.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Streak posted:

I feel for people who are insecure about their bodies, I really do. But god drat if these guys don't come off as gigantic babies - especially the "but I'm only slightly bigger than average" dorks. Suck it up or see a fuckin therapist god drat

yeah, this is largely true, but like that one super mean lady, from time to time these guys seem to have legitimate grievances with the way their SO's approach the topic generally, like this poor fucker :smith:

My girlfriend keeps making fun of my size

quote:

I'm 18 and relatively new to the world of sex and whatever. My girlfriend's seen my penis a couple of times but i've never had an actual intercourse before just a handjob. Now i'd consider myself an averge size (5.5 inches erect) extremely average. But a few months ago my girl jokingly brought up me sending dick pics with a guy friend and I joked along saying I did and she told me "well they're going to need a microscope to see it" I laughed along and thought nothing of it at first, I mean whatever right? a girl wanting some guy banter. But on the inside it kinda put me down and brought up some insecurities I never dealt with before.

Recently today I gave her a snap with the caption " I showed you my penis please reply" when I was next to her and she said "really I didn't see it I might of needed a microscope to see it" joke and I replied with "haha wow aren't you a funny one" sarcastically then she said " what.. It's true though" that's when I died inside and I didn't talk to her or hold her or anything like that , I just told her I wanted to leave. I don't even know if I should take this to heart or anything, it felt like it in the moment. I really don't think people should be ridiculed for something they can't control such as penis size or acne or stuff like that.. It's not fair, I mean if you were chubby at least you can lose some pounds, that's something you have control over.

Now she's asking me what's wrong, and why I wasn't looking so well.. I kind of just told her I wasn't feeling well. She told me I can tell her anything that's been bothering me. I'm sure she has an idea that it's about something she said but I'm too embarassed to confront her about it. Is it a good idea to tell her? Because I really feel embarrassed about it.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

AITA for calling out the drummer in my band for his faults.

quote:

Originally this was a r/drummer post, but the mods recommended me to post it here so here I am. The advice given to me was subpar and since they were drummers they were extremely biased(I’m bassist) “

How do I get the drummer in my band to realize he is an rear end in a top hat?

Hey guys, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help regarding the drummer in my band. Thing is I’m a bassist and my best friend is said drummer. My best friend, John, is a bit of a narcissist and always finds way to blame his faults on others.

Recently we had a small gig at a book shop( were a jazz band ) and Jake was getting ready to have a solo. He messed it up badly. He told me it was my fault because I went out of time (it was only a couple seconds) and it ruined his feel or whatever. I called him a douchebag, as if he couldn’t be at fault for a single thing.

In the next song, he decided to not set me up for a style change which hosed me up and confused me. It really pissed me off because it’s the drummers job to do that type of thing, and he was doing it out of spite.

So I stopped playing mid song and knocked over his ride so he wouldn’t be able to play either. It might of been an overreaction but he definitely deserved it. Anyways I was wondering if there was a way of getting him to be more reasonable and maybe not a douchebag. I’m sure it’s not a thing with all drummers, but I might quit the band because of this and I really don’t want to. Any advice?

Edit: All of you are useless, I’ve decided to quit the band, fug all of you. You have only yourselves to blame because now they don’t have a bassist.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Can someone send this to cheese melt guy? I can not only still buy cheese melts, not only can I buy a massive box of them, but I can get them delivered to my house:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Kitchner posted:

Also girth is more important than length anyway. No one wants an 8 inch pencil dick.

v mysterious why men would be insecure about the measurements of their penis and how it stacks up to previous partners or the perceived ideal :thunk:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

massive spider posted:

Lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My (23f) boyfriend (28m) says my vagina is too big

quote:

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months and he told me yesterday that my vagina is too big "for my size". I'm somewhat on the smaller side (5'3" 135 lb) and he said I must be lying about how many guys I've been with. When we first started seeing each other we spoke about our past and I told him I've been with two guys before, both longterm boyfriends (which is the truth). We haven't talked about that since until yesterday with him saying that my vagina couldn't have been stretched out that much from just two guys and I had to be lying. I asked him why he is bringing this up now if it is such a problem and he said he always thought it was big and just didn't want to bring it up until now. I told him that really hurt my feelings and that was a horrible thing to say and he just said he just wants to hear the truth about who I've been with in the past. I told him he is an rear end in a top hat and left and haven't spoken to him since yesterday.

I just want to point out as well that neither of the guys I was with in the past ever seemed to have a problem with the size of my vagina and neither of them were that big either (but both were bigger than my current bf). I don't have a problem with my boyfriend's size and enjoy sex when we have it, but he said he has a hard time finishing inside me because "he can't feel anything". When we first started going out it didn't seem to be a problem, but recently I have been needing to finish him with my hands or mouth for him to go.

I don't know, this just really hurts. He not only insulted me by saying I have a loose vagina and he doesn't enjoy having sex with me but also basically said I'm a slut and I'm lying to him. There isn't like there is anything I can do about it if I am too big (I looked). He is a great guy otherwise and I really love being with him and it is just really hurting me thinking he is going to end our relationship over this and that he is capable of saying those things to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-vs8fwgwk0

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't ever see women pining for huge dicks. It's always the guys insisting they know that's what women really want.
Ymmv but I think a lot of that is because women constantly hear that if they care, they must be shallow, vapid whores who are mentally and physically monstrous.

There are plenty of women who are happy with average, that's probably the majority, but imo it usually takes a group of trusted women friends and some alcohol before the women who prefer larger admit it.

(except for microscope girl, yikes)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Frog Act posted:

yeah, this is largely true, but like that one super mean lady, from time to time these guys seem to have legitimate grievances with the way their SO's approach the topic generally, like this poor fucker :smith:

My girlfriend keeps making fun of my size

:ohdear: oof, yeah that's bad

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

massive spider posted:

This sounds like a great band.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Streak posted:

The absolute worst assumption a man can make is that he is either/or the best sex his partner has ever had and is the biggest dick they've ever had.

Like just from statistics alone its not something you should assume or expect. Even now reddit is full of threads where women talk about guys with huge dicks being either terrible in bed or uncomfortable to have sex with, or barring that they had a partner who they had amazing sex with but an unfulfilling relationship so eventually the sex didn't matter because they weren't happy. You even have tons of guys saying the same about "crazy girls" where they had fantastic porno style sex but had to break up for fundamental reasons.

But god forbid you tell your finance "oh, no the best sex of my life was this 6 week time a guy I met during summer vacation" because suddenly the wedding is off because the man can't stomach the idea that the ploughing he's been doing for 7 years isn't a fireworks explosion every single time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

massive spider posted:

Wait, did all of this happen in the middle of a gig in front of an audience? This band rules

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

Ymmv but I think a lot of that is because women constantly hear that if they care, they must be shallow, vapid whores who are mentally and physically monstrous.

There are plenty of women who are happy with average, that's probably the majority, but imo it usually takes a group of trusted women friends and some alcohol before the women who prefer larger admit it.

(except for microscope girl, yikes)

It's the same thing as vocally liking giant titties, you can feel free to do it but if you get drunk as hell and start making fun of your girlfriend for having a cups you're a huge piece of poo poo

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

pentyne posted:

But god forbid you tell your finance "oh, no the best sex of my life was this 6 week time a guy I met during summer vacation" because suddenly the wedding is off because the man can't stomach the idea that the ploughing he's been doing for 7 years isn't a fireworks explosion every single time.

what potential benefit does telling your fiancé this have? honestly curious. why would you feel a need to explain that you’ve had better sex before? I just do not understand why anyone would say any version of this to their significant other

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Penis size is the third rail of relationships, and I don't know why that isn't taught in school.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

massive spider posted:

First off, "he's the basshole" is too easy a pun to pass up despite being a tautology.

Secondly, "I was only off the beat by a couple of seconds" wouldn't that be a full measure? I haven't played in a group for years, and we had a conductor (theoretically) keeping people on track, but that's gonna put anyone off their stroke.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

what potential benefit does telling your fiancé this have? honestly curious. why would you feel a need to explain that you’ve had better sex before? I just do not understand why anyone would say any version of this to their significant other

Yeah exactly. There are a lot of things that are better off left unsaid.

People aren't robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Frog Act posted:

I [30M] asked my gf [29F] about her ex's size and she told me

Need some help getting over my [23m] gfs [25f] size

Me [23 F] with my bf [23 M] of 2 years, are having a sensitive subject of "size". What to do!!

[Size insecurity}Me [25 F] with my boyfriend [27 M]of 1.5 years. His out of the blue insecurity has me at a loss about how to comfort him

small-dicked losers having their heart broken for conning women into unsatisfying relationships makes me so happy