Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Never thought I'd feel even a smidgen of sympathy for a newspaper editor but I'd invite you to put yourselves in the shoes of someone who has to decide which Tory fuckup actually goes on tomorrow's front page

e; On January 2nd, 1980, workers at British Steel Corporation went on strike. The decade being kicked off with a massive worker's action would not, regrettably, be a foreshadowing of the way things would shake out, and we ended up with 40 years of shite instead. However, said shite is hopefully about to be ended!!!

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ms Adequate posted:

Never thought I'd feel even a smidgen of sympathy for a newspaper editor but I'd invite you to put yourselves in the shoes of someone who has to decide which Tory fuckup actually goes on tomorrow's front page

Tomorrow's headline?

"Labours Brexit Plan Confusing"

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Tom Watson is stepping down?

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/1192169894479122433

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Hey Azza, fancy making a cartoon that implies the downward-facing "Can't Win Here" arrow is the new Lib Dem logo?

They've got to win our trust back somehow.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
tom watsons loving off

I repeat

tom watsons loving off

Just loving rejoice at that news

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I believe the term is "jumping before you're pushed".

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1192170148809125889?s=20

Corb's response includes the line "I hope the horseradish plants I gave you thrive." Of course.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Jo Swinsons The Thing

E:

:bisonyes:

Luxury Tent Carpet fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 6, 2019

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye tom

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

CGI Stardust posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1192170148809125889?s=20

Corb's response includes the line "I hope the horseradish plants I gave you thrive." Of course.

It's the most Corbyn thing ever

Also bye Felicia!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Oh thank gently caress

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:frogout:

But also

:getin:

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
God the British right have taken such a kicking today, glorious

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
So there will be a deputy leadership contest then post-election.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I was behind a million posts but Tom Watson is gone??? WHat's happening?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So there will be a deputy leadership contest then post-election.

i think it's way more likely the NEC will abolish it now, like tom didn't do anything except brief against the leadership for years and somehow the party soldiers on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DesperateDan posted:

tom watsons loving off

I repeat

tom watsons loving off

Just loving rejoice at that news

I just came

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

loving get in

Also the Guardian has been tearing apart every part of Johnson's speech, which has been hilarious

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Feels appropriate.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
lmao at him doing it right in the middle of Johnson's speech

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Politics is no longer about open or closed, it's about upside or down. Only the Liberal Democrats can thread the needle, and create a new kind of grownupsidedownsideup politics. Millions of voters have that choice, and four of them voted for us in our polling :smug:

Change is possible, in the sense that everything is technically possible!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Today has been nothing but great news

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Does this mean Watson thinks the election will bring in enough left wing Labour MPs to get rid of him as deputy?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Can't believe Tom Watson is gone, just want to run to him etc

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

malk83 posted:

Didn't realise Jo was Canadian

lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Well that's loving great

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pilchenstein posted:

Can't believe Tom Watson is gone, just want to run to him etc

feels like absolute poo poo man

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Braggart posted:

Politics is no longer about open or closed, it's about upside or down. Only the Liberal Democrats can thread the needle, and create a new kind of grownupsidedownsideup politics. Millions of voters have that choice, and four of them voted for us in our polling :smug:

Change is possible, in the sense that everything is technically possible!

But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Voting for Watson as deputy is genuinely one of my biggest regrets.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Oh my, someone has had a quiet word with him.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

marktheando posted:

Does this mean Watson thinks the election will bring in enough left wing Labour MPs to get rid of him as deputy?

Presumably yeah. If he thought otherwise he'd stick it out through gritted teeth and then when "Unelectable Jeremy Corbyn loses ANOTHER election!!" he'd bid for the leadership.

It's possible, of course, that there really are personal reasons that mean he doesn't have the energy for a campaign. Seems unlikely though.

Feldegast42 posted:

But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Was just about to post this exact thing!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

madey posted:

Voting for Watson as deputy is genuinely one of my biggest regrets.

You’re not alone mate. He was the big cuddly fat one who hated murdoch!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

marktheando posted:

It really does seem like the whole political world believes Corbyn has already won.

Which is very encouraging, though obviously, not cause to be complacent.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1192174393012768770?s=20

You absolutely hate to see it :getin:

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

:siren: Tonight is the deadline for contributions towards Labour's manifesto so if you want to have your say toward policy then do your bit: https://labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Feel like pure poo poo just want him back (so he can resign again)

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Angepain posted:

I just realised this was exactly what the previous poster meant by "Canadian" and indeed the whole point of posting that image in the first place. I am very smart.

As a Canadian I thought it was somehow a reference to this classic example of face-bus design:

Also getting back to 'Canadian politics is weird, MPs seem to do nothing in their community' chat, which I would agree is completely correct, can some of you UKers explain what exactly makes up Constituency Work over there? It sounds like generally better representation than we get, where if MPs are in the community it's just for simple photo ops and to cozy up with the local chamber of commerce.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

I dunno if i can take however many more days of this, i go out for chips come back and and boom watsons going what a loving day :P

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

PittTheElder posted:

As a Canadian I thought it was somehow a reference to this classic example of face-bus design:

Also getting back to 'Canadian politics is weird, MPs seem to do nothing in their community' chat, which I would agree is completely correct, can some of you UKers explain what exactly makes up Constituency Work over there? It sounds like generally better representation than we get, where if MPs are in the community it's just for simple photo ops and to cozy up with the local chamber of commerce.

When I went canvassing the other day one guy said the incumbent Labour MP would get his vote for helping sort his internet connection.

Think that about covers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Camrath posted:

Edit: and to fully complete the change, fired off the volunteer form for momentum straight after typing this out. Ngl, I’m terrified (mental health stuff has kept me mostly housebound for the past few years), but perhaps this’ll be what I need as well as helping gently caress the tories in whatever way.

Good news comrade, we have a ton of useful stuff you can do online without leaving the house or seeing physical people! Also there are a poo poo LOAD of us in online Momentum apparently.