Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

So a friend of mine was asking me about the Living Corpse comic series/new issues. I go look around, and he asks about a series called "Relics" (ie Living Corpse: Relics) that was funded on Kickstarter in 2016. I tried finding this series: nothing. Information about it is all based on the Kickstarter in 2016 and a Youtube 'trailer' in 2017 that has no comments. What happened to this new miniseries? Kickstarter nonsense? Did the author pass away or something?

There's no comments or updates on the kickstarter page? Is the author not on the internet?

edit: kickstarter got fulfilled and they started another one. Wow this looks terrible. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967343609/the-living-corpse-relics/posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Does Marvel still have that dog that's bonded to a symbiote?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Does Marvel still have that dog that's bonded to a symbiote?

That's Lasher, but I think Carnage might've killed it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

That's Lasher, but I think Carnage might've killed it.

Well that clinches it then. Carnage is officially a bad man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Carnage USA was awesome if you like symbiote poo poo. Clayton Crain drew an amazing Agent Venom.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Carnage USA was awesome if you like symbiote poo poo. Clayton Crain drew an amazing Agent Venom.

That's the one where Hawkeye is just fed up with Ben Grimm's catchphrases,right?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Are the new X-Men comics self contained or do you need to read all several new titles? I enjoyed House and Powers of X and want to continue but don't want to buy several new titles, but if you need to Read X-Men/Marauders/Excaliber/Fallen Angels just to get a single story in would rather not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Are the new X-Men comics self contained or do you need to read all several new titles? I enjoyed House and Powers of X and want to continue but don't want to buy several new titles, but if you need to Read X-Men/Marauders/Excaliber/Fallen Angels just to get a single story in would rather not.

We've only had one issue each of X-Men and Marauders so far, so it's all guess work, but there was nothing in Marauders that required reading X-Men and Marauders also didn't expand on X-Men. You could read one or the other without missing any necessary info for the individual title.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Someone can and probably will correct me, but iirc, most titles keep storylines separate outside of event titles. So yeah, Batman and detective comics both feature the same characters, but you could read just one and the stories would be separate. You might get the old "Remember when Blob ate a live snake on a dare?*" and you see the box at the bottom with *Check out issue 235 of that book you aren't reading for that story

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

That's the one where Hawkeye is just fed up with Ben Grimm's catchphrases,right?

Yeah! And Venom Ape vs Carnage Lion.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Reading into Infinity Gauntlet 2 or whatever it's called and realized I don't really know what they published between that and Annihilation. Did the cosmic stuff stop selling? I think there was a Peter David Captain Marvel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Reading into Infinity Gauntlet 2 or whatever it's called and realized I don't really know what they published between that and Annihilation. Did the cosmic stuff stop selling? I think there was a Peter David Captain Marvel

After Infinity War was Infinity Crusade. The Infinity Watch series ran for 3 or 4 years. Silver Surfer was still ongoing at the time as well. And the CM series you mentioned. Annihilation really did spark the Cosmic Marvel revival and it's been pretty heavy since.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The nearly full rundown of Thanos related comic drama goes like this up until Annhilation.

First appearance in Iron Man and subsequent fleshing out in Captain Marvel/Warlock solo books and and the first Cosmic Cube story that crosses over with Avengers.

Then you have the first Infinity Gems story with what they retroactively call now "Thanos War" that happens in several issues of Strange Tales and Warlock before finishing in Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two in One Annual #2.

After that Thanos is dead and the only appearance until shortly before the Infinity Gauntlet gets rolling is his cameo in the Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel.

Then he returns during Starlin's run on Silver Surfer before spinning out into Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet.

After that you have Infinity War and Infinity Watch. Then Infinity Crusade.

Then more Infinity Watch including a crossover with Thor called Blood and Thunder.

Then you have the Cosmic Powers minis which are... eh.

Then you have Thanos next showing up for a small arc of Thor.

Then you get Infinity Abyss and Marvel: The End which leads directly into the first Thanos solo series.

That solo series sets up the events of Annihilation and the rest from there is pretty easy until the last couple years where there's a seemingly split continuity with Starlin finishing off the Thanos story his way and the Thanos stuff that goes on main Marvel books.

The Starlin side stuff is as follows:

Thanos Annual #1
The Infinity Revelation
Thanos vs Hulk
The Infinity Relativity
The Infinity Entity
The Infinity Finale
The Infinity Siblings
The Infinity Conflict
The Infinity Ending

All of those stories are iffy at best when it comes to being in continuity but that's how Starlin wanted to wrap up his decades long work on the character and so they let him do that off in his own weird little corner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Iffy is putting it nicely.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

guy needs an editor

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
RIP ComicBookDB, I guess?
http://www.comicbookdb.com/index.php

quote:

IMPORTANT! ComicbookDB.com will be closing its doors on December 16th, 2019 as we look towards creating a new and improved tool for collectors to utilize. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to download their data & collections by clicking on this link after logging in. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the site and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you have any questions, click here.

Any suggestion on a database site? I guess I'd prefer local so I don't lose (another) online database. Or I can just use a spreadsheet, I guess.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Uthor posted:

Any suggestion on a database site? I guess I'd prefer local so I don't lose (another) online database. Or I can just use a spreadsheet, I guess.

drat! That has been an indispensable resource. I don't keep track of my collection on it, but it's perfect for cross-referencing convention guests against comics I own, to see if I have anything they worked on to get signed. I will miss it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

gently caress, well I needed to use another site anyhow. They always seemed to be barely hanging on, and some issues I have never seemed to appear on that site. Someone else recommended me another site that I'll have to dig up and put in this post.

EDIT: One guy in the weekly pull thread uses this page, which I have been meaning to check out:
https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

IUG posted:

some issues I have never seemed to appear on that site.

You can could have added them yourself!

The site hadn't had an update in years.

My buddy linked me to this, which I'll check out. I think it's paid and may not have a lot of the weird indie things I have.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.collectorz.clzbarry

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

IUG posted:

EDIT: One guy in the weekly pull thread uses this page, which I have been meaning to check out:

It’s great for keeping track of pulls if you’re mostly grabbing big 2 and bigger indies.

I use CLZ to track my collection though. Barcode scanning on my phone, and a very robust dB of weird stuff going back to the 80s black and white boom. I have to go really off the map to need to create my own entries.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

IUG posted:

It has a gorgeous UI, but a frustrating interface. You click on things, and sometimes something happens, and sometimes it tells you what happened. Sometimes the back button works, sometimes everything is different.

And yeah, it’s mostly the big 2.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

I used to, but I would always get warned because I didn't add something like the number of pages or whatever. After like the third time, I didn't bother. Plus, I didn't like how they needed a scan of the cover for each issue. So many pages blank because they wouldn't use a non-scanned cover.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

My buddy linked me to this, which I'll check out. I think it's paid and may not have a lot of the weird indie things I have.

I'll probably go towards this then, seeing as I don't get DC Comics, less Marvel than I used to (although not true with all this X-Men stuff coming out...), and need something to catalog my music and movies too. I used Delicious Library on Mac, but it doesn't export to anything useful that I can pull up on my phone, and hasn't updated in a while.

EDIT: Balls, a double post that wasn't radium's fault.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Huh, I've never been warned, though I haven't added a lot in recent years. (checks stats, 651 new entries, 1508 image uploads (not counting replacing low quality images)).

It why I don't add a lot to the music database I use. They have a review and approval process that is so backed up, it takes 6-8 months for changes to go into effect and by the time they look at them, they start bitching about missing info that I can't remember cause it was 6-8 months ago.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I'm starting a trail on the Music and Comics sections of the site. I just use Apple's Music app to keep track of which CDs/Vinyls I own, but it's not very elegant (I have no control over the sort order for example). Probably the same for comics, I never thought comicbookdb.com was easy to use in a comic shop.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Uthor posted:

Watch out. The app you linked just uses your phones camera as a barcode scanner for the desktop software. The database app you're looking for is this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.collectorz.javamobile.android.comics

I use both the desktop and mobile versions and I have no complaints. I've only ever had to manually add comics done by local artists.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm started using collectorz, is the iOS app worth using over the website on the phone? I'm not planning on using the barcode reader. $15 a year is a little steep (times 2 as I'm also going to use the music collectorz part), if the Safari version will be the same.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Have Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing ever interacted? She ever try and control him?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bessantj posted:

Have Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing ever interacted? She ever try and control him?

She's been a part of The Green since at least New 52, so they've interacted a few times but usually as disinterested allies

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

She's been a part of The Green since at least New 52, so they've interacted a few times but usually as disinterested allies

Thanks. With 'The Green' did they do the same thing they did with the Green Lantern and have 'The Blue' and 'The Yellow' etc...?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

bessantj posted:

Thanks. With 'The Green' did they do the same thing they did with the Green Lantern and have 'The Blue' and 'The Yellow' etc...?

Yup

The Black (which is associated with Death, and run by the Parliament of Decay).
The Red (which is connected to all animal life and run by the Parliament of Limbs).
The Clear (which is associated with aquatic life and run by the Parliament of Waves).
The White (which is associated with air elementals and run by the Parliament of Vapors).
The Grey (which is connected to all fungal life).
An unnamed fire realm (which is associated with fire elementals and connected to the Parliament of Flames.
The Melt (which is connected to Earth elementals and run by the Parliament of Stones).
The Metal (which is connected to metal and technological elementals and run by The Rithm).
The Divided (which is associated with bacteria, amoebas, and other microscopic forms of life).

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That's a lot more than I thought.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CzarChasm posted:

Yup

The Black (which is associated with Death, and run by the Parliament of Decay).
The Red (which is connected to all animal life and run by the Parliament of Limbs).
The Clear (which is associated with aquatic life and run by the Parliament of Waves).
The White (which is associated with air elementals and run by the Parliament of Vapors).
The Grey (which is connected to all fungal life).
An unnamed fire realm (which is associated with fire elementals and connected to the Parliament of Flames.
The Melt (which is connected to Earth elementals and run by the Parliament of Stones).
The Metal (which is connected to metal and technological elementals and run by The Rithm).
The Divided (which is associated with bacteria, amoebas, and other microscopic forms of life).

And here I had thought the Black was fungal, with the "decay" thing. (I also haven't been keeping up with things for a few years.)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Who created the concept of "The Green"

Also maybe a malformed question but how many other things like "The Green" and the "Green" power form Green Lantern are there in comics?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bessantj posted:

Who created the concept of "The Green"

Also maybe a malformed question but how many other things like "The Green" and the "Green" power form Green Lantern are there in comics?

Started in Moore's run but I feel like the New 52 redefined it a bit (I don't think I've read that run since it came out though. Defintiely that's when the other colours start showing up).

Not sure on that second question because The Green and the lantern stuff are totally different beyond the colours.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Started in Moore's run but I feel like the New 52 redefined it a bit (I don't think I've read that run since it came out though. Defintiely that's when the other colours start showing up).

Not sure on that second question because The Green and the lantern stuff are totally different beyond the colours.

Thanks.

The second question I should ask "What other spectrum of things" like The Green et al are there. If that makes more sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bessantj posted:

Thanks.

The second question I should ask "What other spectrum of things" like The Green et al are there. If that makes more sense.

Ex Machina had a similar set but that's not Big 2. They recently introduced a bunch of other forces in Flash but I feel like they're more of a one off thing and won't be long term.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What is the Ex Machina one? I forgot about the Flash forces.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bessantj posted:

What is the Ex Machina one? I forgot about the Flash forces.

I just remember there being a....something that allows you to communicate and control technology, and another that lets you control organic life. Can't remember the actual names for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cool, sounds interesting.