Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

Boomer is a state of mind that you are deep within if you’re saying you don’t understand the kids these days while talking about 30 somethings.

I am literally 31. I rent a lovely apartment and will never own property, I don't eat avocado toast, expensive computer parts and video games are my metaphorical avocado toast.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So our office boomer just tried to say how awful that murder on the border was but we pointed out it was most likely just crime family interaction and now he’s quietly reading the wiki on the family.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Boomer is all of the buildup of explaining how out of touch you are to a public forum to couch your inquires. These pre statements are used communicate your judgement on it, making it very clear that *thing* is not a part of you.

Brother, Billie Eilish is every one of us. You just learned the truth. All you had to do was type her blessed name into a search bar if you were truely curious. But at least now you have a second hand experience of Bill Bill to pass on if it comes up again in conversation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This song is pretty good, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Current Event: Hope everyone's having a Wednesday

https://twitter.com/communistbops/status/1192182039375753216

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ive never listened to billie eilish but as long as you can discern words she is leagues ahead of whoever is on that goddamn doritos ad with backstreet boys murmuring a bunch of gibberish

Edit: yeah i would listen to her if the rest of her stuff is like that. Gonna have to go through what she has on spotify now

Stravag fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 6, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The chest dancing polo shirt dads alone make this the best music video since Sabotage

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Casimir Radon posted:

"Ok Boomer" is a lot more polite than "Hurry up and die you stupid greedy piece of poo poo"

one day a wealthy merchant asked Sengai for a piece of calligraphy. the master immediately wrote "Grandfather Dies, Father Dies, Son Dies" and handed it over, smiling. the merchant asked why he would write something so inauspicious, and Sengai responded "ok boomer"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/bykowicz/status/1192192245946077187?s=19

It's like a massive ball of twine with another ball of twine in the middle, leading to another ball of twine packed around a core of crime.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm like 6-8 years behind the curve when it comes to music, since that's the amount of time for all the fad type stuff to filter out and only the really memorable or good music is still floating around in the public consciousness.

However, that's the first Billie Eilish song I've ever heard and it sounds like something from a bad trip that would make you want to slit your wrists. Why has it been seen 620 million times :psyduck:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm like 6-8 years behind the curve when it comes to music, since that's the amount of time for all the fad type stuff to filter out and only the really memorable or good music is still floating around in the public consciousness.

However, that's the first Billie Eilish song I've ever heard and it sounds like something from a bad trip that would make you want to slit your wrists. Why has it been seen 620 million times :psyduck:

Ok boomer.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I've been like this since I was a kid. I'm barely 30 now.

See, it's not that kids are idiots, it's that most people are idiots. I'm probably an idiot. But I don't know what part of someone's brain that tickles that says "this is good, listen again."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think there's a version of that with the Bieb but I'm on my phone

I don't get it either but I haven't listened to much new since like 2005

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 6, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I crank her poo poo in my Mazda2 with a single 10 inch sub and that poo poo slaps bruh.

https://youtu.be/Ah0Ys50CqO8

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This was better than a lot of poo poo i've seen and heard in the last 10 years, not really gonna go on my "gotta watch/listen" list though.

LingcodKilla posted:

I crank her poo poo in my Mazda2 with a single 10 inch sub and that poo poo slaps bruh.

https://youtu.be/Ah0Ys50CqO8

Bass hits and your little 1900lb shitbox rattles right off the road (jk I love my tiny as gently caress car)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Bass hits and your little 1900lb shitbox rattles right off the road (jk I love my tiny as gently caress car)

That’s a feature not a bug in my book!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnHfOq-YEA

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Was wondering when "depressed pixie girls I dated in highschool and college" would get a pop star.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Bad Poster posted:

Boy howdie. Lemmie tell you about My Chemical Romance Death Can For Cutie Adell Mariya Takeuchi pop music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoiv0sZ4s4

Edit: I haven't even clicked on the song yet. Thanks for linking, will check out after I'm done jamming out to this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

It's like a massive ball of twine with another ball of twine in the middle, leading to another ball of twine packed around a core of crime.

Costello's Trump's actual lawyer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Huh I've heard that a bunch of times but had no idea who it was by

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

So our office boomer just tried to say how awful that murder on the border was but we pointed out it was most likely just crime family interaction and now he’s quietly reading the wiki on the family.

...six of them were kids, dude. I think that still counts as pretty fuckin horrible.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I have no idea who this person is and I'm 26, but that's mainly because I don't pay any kind of attention to contemporary music. Like even when I was in high school/middle school I would have struggled to tell you what bands everyone was listening to.

anyway that's my story, thanks for listening

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

...six of them were kids, dude. I think that still counts as pretty fuckin horrible.
Still, the narrative that it's clear-cut innocent White Americans -Mexican dual citizens that left the country to avoid polygamy laws and because they did a bunch of murder is bullshit. It's horrible that kids got killed, but entirely possible that the lovely cult bears a lot of responsibility here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

That's pretty goddamn unfortunate, but that family fled the US 100+ years ago. It's not our problem that some fundie mormons' multiple wives and children were murdered in Mexico. How the gently caress they had US citizenship ought to raise questions.

Besides, world burning, limited resources, dumb conservative fucks that want to raise their own loving football teams that ultimately they will shun most of because ~reasons~ that will be claimed religious, but are really reasons to get rid of males and add to their wife collections.

Yeah, you know what? gently caress them. Shame the kids were killed, but they weren't destined for good lives anyhow. But, to each their own, and I literally don't give a poo poo about some fundie morons' kids getting murdered over any other race/religion child. Plenty of kids murdered every day that aren't white friends of weird jesus and company.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
oh my god

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1192217668604039168

OH MY GOD

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1192217687491055616

Doug Jones could get loving reelected in this clusterfuck.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Still, the narrative that it's clear-cut innocent White Americans -Mexican dual citizens that left the country to avoid polygamy laws and because they did a bunch of murder is bullshit. It's horrible that kids got killed, but entirely possible that the lovely cult bears a lot of responsibility here.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The kids were innocents and that sucks. But until I told my parents about the family and how they ran there decades ago, they thought that the family had just driven across the border and got murdered (thanks for that narrative, fox News).

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trump said he's going to actively campaign against sessions as well

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Where's that doug jones football meme

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

(thanks for that narrative, fox News).

Let's not pretend that they didn't jack themselves raw when they heard about it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Congrats Doug Jones

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

doug jones you sly bastard

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

facialimpediment posted:

It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly, crimey wimey stuff.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Huh I've heard that a bunch of times but had no idea who it was by

Same. Its got a really catchy beat.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly, crimey wimey stuff.

But picture Trump in a bowtime skating through the Cosmos to do crimes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

adverse

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

step foot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts